There are 141 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
No, If a player is over 10 years old, the max value you can get for him is a fifth round pick. The only exception to this rule is a quarterback. That's why new England got a third for Brady even though he has played for more than 10 years.

I'd hope every NFL player is over 10 years old.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Hmm, protect Jimmy G or protect Patty Mahomes? Be on a team that is currently a Super Bowl contender or a team that is currently a fringe playoff team? Go to a state that has higher income tax or one that has lower? Honestly, why would you stay? Also, it's closer to home for Trent.

How the hell is this team a fringe playoff team? This team should've made the playoffs if they had a competent back up even with an injury per week
Originally posted by linkboy:
No, If a player is over 10 years old, the max value you can get for him is a fifth round pick. The only exception to this rule is a quarterback. That's why new England got a third for Brady even though he has played for more than 10 years.

I'd hope every NFL player is over 10 years old.

Ya, i could see a 10 year old having a hard time against a grown man. But we have solid coaching.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
KC BBQ...

Carolina-style is vastly superior but I know I'm biased.

Y'all don't even.... in Alabama, BBQ is almost a religion here. Some of y'all just need to come with me to the original dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa. It's a little shack on a hill behind an industrial park, but you will never find better ribs anywhere.

I've had Texas pit BBQ in Texas, been to the 5, "best" places in Memphis, had KC in KC, dreamland will beat em all. That, and my own.

I use a small smoker for small stuff but use a converted 500 gallon tank with a firebox for smoking bulk batches of ribs and butts.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
We literally have significantly more cap than the Chiefs do...

And they STILL couldn't get it done before free agency Tampering. FML

Feeling like there's a hard number. $20/per or a bit more is where they might be fixed. I get it too. Every team has to have their limit.

Sooner or later they gotta break the bank a little to keep their own. Especially if his name is Trent Williams.

Shoulda did this with BUCK too.

I definitely would've kept Buckner over Armstead.

Yup. I mean I understood the "Economics" of it, but it was the wrong move. Sometimes with the cap you have to kick the can down the road, especially for your all-pro players.

I feel this way about Trent. We thought $20m.... If it takes $24, just do it. If we lose Trent and then draft a tackle at 12 - its another first rounder wasted.

We don't have to spend a high pick on an OT just because Trent leaves. There are other options in FA or later draft rounds and if not Brunskill or Skule can hold down the fort for a year.

Are you kidding me? We have tremendous skill position players but are screwed if we cant protect our QB to get the ball to them. In fact, I would draft Slater even if we resign Trent. Fix this damn line!!!

No idea bro, people think this is Madden.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
How the hell is this team a fringe playoff team? This team should've made the playoffs if they had a competent back up even with an injury per week

We would've easily won the division because our back ups are certainly able to beat the Rams the Cardinals and take the Seahawks until the last minute of the game. I guess all those close games playing without pro bowl players didn't matter
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Are you kidding me? We have tremendous skill position players but are screwed if we cant protect our QB to get the ball to them. In fact, I would draft Slater even if we resign Trent. Fix this damn line!!!

i do not know whether to laugh or cry at those who think trent can be replaced by someone on our current roster
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
If KC wants to sign him then that's where he is going and there is nothing we can do about it. We just have to hope that KC doesn't want to sign a top tackle to protect their HoF QB.

Makes no sense. Of course KC would want to sign a top tackle to protect their QB. I imagine every NFL team would. The question is how much are they willing to pay. I would not be surprised, but I would be disappointed, if SF matched or surpassed KC's offer, and TW still ended up on the Chiefs. I would understand the why of it, but be sad nonetheless
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Carolina-style is vastly superior but I know I'm biased.

Chi-town pizza, bro.

We would've easily won the division because our back ups are certainly able to beat the Rams the Cardinals and take the Seahawks until the last minute of the game. I guess all those close games playing without pro bowl players didn't matter

I don't get how a lot here are so down on this team as if we sucked because we have no talent and the injuries didn't have a lot to say. On top of that they were right there with NO on the road until the f**k ups happened. Had they had a decent backup who knows you can't turn the ball over there's no doubt this team would've been in the playoffs

No doubt having Jimmy last year would've improved our record. I just dont know by how much...

QB play was terrible, but the injuries and covid played the biggest part. Would Jimmy been able to play that good and develop good chemistry with the guys on offense, when so many of them were constantly missing games?

I believe we only had Kittle, Mostert, Deebo, and Ayiuk, on the same field at the same time 1 game. Would've been tough for Jimmy as well. Maybe 3 extra wins?

And this year, we have some unknowns, especially on defense. Saleh was a big reason on why our defense looked pretty good last year. Sherman leaving is also a big problem.

I see us as a 8,9 win team, unless Ryan is also a really good DC and our defense is still top 10. Then we are easily a playoff team.
LOL someone really suggested Justin Skule as a viable option at left tackle in 2021

• FL9er
  • Veteran
KC has no LT, RT, or center. Mediocre guards too.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i do not know whether to laugh or cry at those who think trent can be replaced by someone on our current roster

CC, you are right. He is irreplaceable. Maybe trade for Orlando Brown from Ravens? There are little to no good options if he walks.
Originally posted by SD49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:

CC, you are right. He is irreplaceable. Maybe trade for Orlando Brown from Ravens? There are little to no good options if he walks.

i read Jags are close to trade Chark for Brown.
Share 49ersWebzone