LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 288 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Trent talking retirement? Boy, this is why you don't squander opportunities….

I don't feel good about this team going forward unless they sign Brady and bring in a new offensive line.

I thought this IMMEDIATELY after the loss. This could be it. Thankfully we have Colton McKivitz. LOL
I don't see Trent leaving that much money on the table. 2023 is when his contract really kicks in. He will lose a boatload of money if he retires. Same reason Donald will not retire yet. But I can see him retiring after next year. We will have our 2024 1st RD pick and can use that to take the best tackle available.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jan 31, 2023 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Trent talking retirement? Boy, this is why you don't squander opportunities….

I don't feel good about this team going forward unless they sign Brady and bring in a new offensive line.

ruh roh
Exactly why I'm looking at next season as a must win, no b******t year. They're going to start losing people to retirement, age-related regression, free agency...etc. Next year might be the last for a few years where they have a completely loaded offense that is ready to roll.
If Trent hangs them up you can call next season a wrap too lol
i really hope trent can play till 38
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I think he'll go at least one more season, like the other poster said, he'd be leaving too much money on the table but he's 34 now, will be 35 soon and not every OL is trying to be like Whitworth and play until they are 40.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Exactly why I'm looking at next season as a must win, no b******t year. They're going to start losing people to retirement, age-related regression, free agency...etc. Next year might be the last for a few years where they have a completely loaded offense that is ready to roll.

He had that same Joe Staley-pain when he hung it up. It must be a HOF LT-thing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

I think he'll go at least one more season, like the other poster said, he'd be leaving too much money on the table but he's 34 now, will be 35 soon and not every OL is trying to be like Whitworth and play until they are 40.

Hopefully this is Trent Williams way of saying "You guys better get Tom Brady or I'm out".
Please stay Trent!

Bengals have one of the worst Oline's in the league and yet will still remain SB contenders.
I think Trent is probably just really frustrated and letdown the way the season ended, looked like a ring was in his grasp ridin with Brocky and it all got taken away in a single play... he goes on vacation to Bali, spends time with his kids, time heals all wounds and is back next year once he sees BCB or Brady will be back
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hopefully this is Trent Williams way of saying "You guys better get Tom Brady or I'm out".

Tom Brady is washed. When will people realize this.
I really hope Williams stays as he has been a great to watch on Sunday's. All is not lost. If he does retire then we'll have cap room to find someone quite good to replace him. Will it be the same performance? Not likely. But life moves on.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 31, 2023 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Bengals have one of the worst Oline's in the league and yet will still remain SB contenders.

Good thing that has never come back to bite them in the ass at the worst possible time. Also the Bengals have Joe Burrow. The 49ers have a guy with only one healthy elbow and another guy who has played like 20 actual games of football since he graduated high school.

Share 49ersWebzone