LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 282 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well this sucks. He should be back next year but after that But yea the window is starting to close
Originally posted by lamontb:
Well this sucks. He should be back next year but after that But yea the window is starting to close

Watch he'll drop a video like TB
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Exactly why I'm looking at next season as a must win, no b******t year. They're going to start losing people to retirement, age-related regression, free agency...etc. Next year might be the last for a few years where they have a completely loaded offense that is ready to roll.

Bengals have one of the worst Oline's in the league and yet will still remain SB contenders.

Good thing that has never come back to bite them in the ass at the worst possible time. Also the Bengals have Joe Burrow. The 49ers have a guy with only one healthy elbow and another guy who has played like 20 actual games of football since he graduated high school.

Has there been a more clutch DT? He ruined us, them, etc.

I sure wish our o line and d line stepped up in crunch time instead of backwards. we need our elite guys to be elite at the biggest moments not in week 9
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Trent Williams is not the only veteran who is extremely crushed by how that game ended. This is the fear all along and why Purdy doing what he did was so damn important. The vets on this team do not want a developmental QB taking that field, because they know the time is coming when the grind will take its toll and they will no longer be able to sustain an all pro level or just lose the desire to keep it going. Guys like Trent, Kittle, Deebo, Armstead all fit this category one way or another. I saw the extra excitement when Purdy immediately started playing great after Jimmy went down. These players are human and don't think for once that they didn't feel demoralized at the point of Jimmy's injury, then revitalized again in the same game with Purdy. These guys want to win a Super Bowl and they know that window is damn near closed. The vets might feel it is if the the only option is a development QB that needs time to get up to the speed and knowledge of the pro game. Williams ain't going to stick around for that. Kittle and the others aren't here to hold on while a QB takes a 1 or 2 to years learning how to play at a consistent winning level…maybe. The abuse Kittle, Deebo, CMC put on their bodies surely will not hold forever. They are already breaking down. Meanwhile the league gets better and your skills start to fade.

No doubt this loss felt different than any of loss in the Shanahan era. Kyle and Lynch need to do something to bring the moral up and get the vets interested in taking 1 more shot at this thing or this franchise is in deep trouble of falling back to the 2nd tier of teams in the NFC, which will show great overall improvement next season. There are a few young teams coming with plenty of draft picks to keep them improving.

Jimmy homers said the same thing when Trey went down.....that they saw extra excitement when Jimmy immediately started playing after Trey. Personally, I think both are nonsense. These guy are professionals.
It could be that Trent doesn't want to come back to a team lead by Lance at QB.... why put in all the time and work to have a losing record until Brock is healthy enough to take over and try to pull out a winning season.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
It could be that Trent doesn't want to come back to a team lead by Lance at QB.... why put in all the time and work to have a losing record until Brock is healthy enough to take over and try to pull out a winning season.

let's stop 'the team hates QB x' chatter.. like a HOF LT will make a decision on his career based on one other dude on the 53 man.. gimme a break
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Exactly why I'm looking at next season as a must win, no b******t year. They're going to start losing people to retirement, age-related regression, free agency...etc. Next year might be the last for a few years where they have a completely loaded offense that is ready to roll.

Bengals have one of the worst Oline's in the league and yet will still remain SB contenders.

Good thing that has never come back to bite them in the ass at the worst possible time. Also the Bengals have Joe Burrow. The 49ers have a guy with only one healthy elbow and another guy who has played like 20 actual games of football since he graduated high school.

Has there been a more clutch DT? He ruined us, them, etc.

I sure wish our o line and d line stepped up in crunch time instead of backwards. we need our elite guys to be elite at the biggest moments not in week 9

It sure would be nice.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

let's stop 'the team hates QB x' chatter.. like a HOF LT will make a decision on his career based on one other dude on the 53 man.. gimme a break

He complained about the grueling season.

He's set for life, financially, and has to take care of himself.

Why wouldn't he want our best chance at winning it all under center?

He's seen all our QBs play, I'm sure all the players know who we have the best chance with, it doesn't mean anyone hates Lance.
Originally posted by TyCore:

He's seen all our QBs play, I'm sure all the players know who we have the best chance with, it doesn't mean anyone hates Lance.

this assumes TL isn't our best chance
it also assumes he's named 2023 starter, which he hasn't been, as of it
it also assumes no offseason like draft / FA additions
it also assumes Trent's sole deciding factor is yuk TL I'm outta here
we know TW just saddled up last year with TL as QB1
we also know TL didn't get a chance to really play
why would Trent be even thinking about TL at this time, he's thinking about what is best for him and his fam

This is one of the most stupidest takes and I've seen plenty on here. Just admit you hate Lance instead of saying something as dumb as this

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This is one of the most stupidest takes and I've seen plenty on here. Just admit you hate Lance instead of saying something as dumb as this

It makes sense honestly. When Jim was fired guys like Justin and Willis retired.

There's other factors obviously, but I would say Trey being the projected starter is a big one. Who else would make him feel like it's not worth another try? We have a great defense, great weapons, a great offensive mind……what makes him think he's not going to get his ring?
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

It makes sense honestly. When Jim was fired guys like Justin and Willis retired.

There's other factors obviously, but I would say Trey being the projected starter is a big one. Who else would make him feel like it's not worth another try? We have a great defense, great weapons, a great offensive mind……what makes him think he's not going to get his ring?

I think riverrunzthruit has a good take because I was thinking the same thing. I do think TL will start but will be on a three or five game leash. if he goes 1-4 or 0-5 KS will be quick to bench him in favor for Brock or Jimmy. But Jimmy will be traded and we will see him get that team to a winning record. Say what you want about him, dude wins with s**tty stats and at the end of the day, winning cures all.

Back to TL, I really hope he turns out great but with his inexperience in college and the NFL TL looks like average. Average in the sense that most college QBs can do the things he's able to do now. BUT Jalen Hurts turned it around soooo maybe TL has the same upside.
Originally posted by theDerp:

I think riverrunzthruit has a good take because I was thinking the same thing. I do think TL will start but will be on a three or five game leash. if he goes 1-4 or 0-5 KS will be quick to bench him in favor for Brock or Jimmy. But Jimmy will be traded and we will see him get that team to a winning record. Say what you want about him, dude wins with s**tty stats and at the end of the day, winning cures all.

Back to TL, I really hope he turns out great but with his inexperience in college and the NFL TL looks like average. Average in the sense that most college QBs can do the things he's able to do now. BUT Jalen Hurts turned it around soooo maybe TL has the same upside.

Some of the dumbest takes based on 0 information other than their own biases, supported by posts with the same ridiculous biases.
Originally posted by theDerp:

Yeah, great username.
Originally posted by TyCore:

this assumes TL isn't our best chance I would argue Purdy is our best chance, based on everything we've seen. I find this hard to dispute.

it also assumes he's named 2023 starter, which he hasn't been, as of it True, but even with the shortest 6 month timetable, it's cutting it close for Purdy to be fully ready for the season, and I'm pretty sure that would be missing everything including preseason, I could be wrong.

it also assumes no offseason like draft / FA additions Draft would be irrelevant, no way to know if those pan out until the season would start and I can't imagine that would be a factor in his decision--if it was, then I'm sure all the other personnel is a factor as well (including, but not limited to, QB), I'm also unsure of how big a free agent splash we can make with our current cap/resigning concerns

it also assumes Trent's sole deciding factor is yuk TL I'm outta here It sounds like his sole deciding factor, that we can go off, is the grueling season he mentioned when he dropped the notion that he was considering retirement.

we know TW just saddled up last year with TL as QB1 but TW wasn't considering retirement last year, he did mention it after this season, however

we also know TL didn't get a chance to really play That's true, and I'm not saying the REASON is TL, it might be the loss of Purdy for some time and the partial dismantling of the unit we fielded this year that we made a great run with. Making a run with TL is assumptive at this point, regardless of your feelings about him as a QB.

why would Trent be even thinking about TL at this time, he's thinking about what is best for him and his fam I'm not agreeing with riverunz entire statement (TL losing record and all), just saying I can see if TW doesn't want to push his chips forward with an experiment at QB and a team that will be going through major changes going forward. I don't think anyone on that team hates TL, but Purdy absolutely reinvigorated our offense.

dude...sorry about the formatting, i'm in the middle of some stupid kid stuff and don't have time to try to fix it.
[ Edited by TyCore on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone