LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 278 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My guess is that he's retired and just hasn't let the team know yet.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by dj43:
Jaylon Moore meets Josh Allen.

How many sacks and pressures has Moore given up??

Moore then Trent?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Moore then Trent?

Moore then Trent?

Smart ass
This guy considered maybe injury prone now?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Moore then Trent?

Moore than Trent!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
This guy considered maybe injury prone now?

At 35 yrs old!!!

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
My guess is that he's retired and just hasn't let the team know yet.

Yes...in a middle of a potential SB run after playing with a f'd up ankle vs Myles Garrett because he's trying to help us win and not F over his teammate, he's going to retire and on top of it hasn't told the team.

I think you're onto something!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
When asked if there is more going on with Williams' injury than a low-ankle sprain, Shanahan responded, "Yeah, I think obviously there is. I mean, he's got a lot of history in there with stuff. It didn't show up as a high or anything like that, but when you've had that over your career, there's a number of things that, with how it's taken longer than expected to heal, it's more than a low."

So it was probably mis-diagnosed and is a high ankle sprain.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
When asked if there is more going on with Williams' injury than a low-ankle sprain, Shanahan responded, "Yeah, I think obviously there is. I mean, he's got a lot of history in there with stuff. It didn't show up as a high or anything like that, but when you've had that over your career, there's a number of things that, with how it's taken longer than expected to heal, it's more than a low."

As someone who has had multiple sprains to the same ankle when I was in high school, I can tell you that to this day 25 years later I still have a looseness in it. And that's just in everyday life, not playing pro football. So it's no surprise to me that it's been bothersome to Williams without necessarily being a high ankle sprain.

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

As someone who has had multiple sprains to the same ankle when I was in high school, I can tell you that to this day 25 years later I still have a looseness in it. And that's just in everyday life, not playing pro football. So it's no surprise to me that it's been bothersome to Williams without necessarily being a high ankle sprain.

High ankle sprains are worse than broken bones…they will reoccur over and over for the rest of your life. Once your bone is healed it's not breaking in the same spot.

today will be the day to know if he's got a shot to play. I don't think he's practiced on a Wednesday for years lol.
Whenever Trent comes back it's clear that they need to try and find his eventual replacement in the draft. At 35 and injured his days are probably numbered. Even if he plays another 2 seasons, they need to start grooming someone. If they don't they'll need to go out and pay big for a free agent. That's assuming one is available. Replacing a tackle as good as Williams won't be easy no matter how they try and do it.
Good. Wasn't thrilled at the prospect of no TW and Banks
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Share 49ersWebzone