LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 247 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Like who? If there was a solid lineman available then why would anyone pass them up and trade with the Niners. It's always a gamble when you draft and the later the pick the bigger the gamble. That doesn't mean you can't get lucky but there's a reason teams covet those first 15-20 picks. The top talent drops off after that. If there was a dedent linman available, maybe the Niners tried to make a trade and couldn't find anyone willing. We don't know.

Minimally there were at least 5-6 OL that could have been drafted within the 3rd and 4th rounds range that could have provided depth. Why would "anyone" pass them up? Oh, you mean the teams that did NOT draft OL? Lol….come on man, to sit here and act like Lynch/Shanny haven't neglected to address the OL is laughable, also is the idea that there hasn't been available talent via the draft over the past 3 years.

Until they get reliable depth with the OL like they've built with the DL, we will still see injuries to the QB and the major drop off in performance when starters on the OL go down.
[ Edited by Patton on Nov 10, 2023 at 10:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Like who? If there was a solid lineman available then why would anyone pass them up and trade with the Niners. It's always a gamble when you draft and the later the pick the bigger the gamble. That doesn't mean you can't get lucky but there's a reason teams covet those first 15-20 picks. The top talent drops off after that. If there was a dedent linman available, maybe the Niners tried to make a trade and couldn't find anyone willing. We don't know.

Minimally there were at least 5-6 OL that could have been drafted within the 3rd and 4th rounds range that could have provided depth. Why would "anyone" pass them up? Oh, you mean the teams that did NOT draft OL? Lol….come on man, to sit here and act like Lynch/Shanny haven't neglected to address the OL is laughable, also is the idea that there hasn't been available talent via the draft over the past 3 years.

Until they get reliable depth with the OL like they've built with the DL, we will still see injuries to the QB and the major drop off in performance when starters on the OL go down.

Yep it's why we will keep missing the superbowl. Secondary and Oline is too weak to win it all. Yes play calling on D does not help either. I hope it changes but doubt it will. If we don't address this in the off-season we will keep having the same problems year after year. The superbowl window is closing fast.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Nov 10, 2023 at 11:10 AM ]
If he's not 100% should he play? I'm worried about making this an in jury that can nag him the rest of the season and possibly get worse.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
If he's not 100% should he play? I'm worried about making this an in jury that can nag him the rest of the season and possibly get worse.

I would say no, we need him in case we get lucky and make the playoffs.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

I would say no, we need him in case we get lucky and make the playoffs.

Get lucky and make the playoffs🙄cry baby
Imo the most important player on the team. Without him the offense sucks. An insane compliment, but scary for a team sport.

With him they can execute their running game and offense. Without, they cannot.
I can't believe how much better our line is with him in there. Wow. It's unbelievable.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I can't believe how much better our line is with him in there. Wow. It's unbelievable.

All pros make a difference.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I'd argue Trent even more so.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I'd argue Trent even more so.

I couldn't believe they had him running 30 yards down field, etc. He's just a special special player. I guess he gathered the whole OL together and fired them up to play up to their best level. Sadly they did...but he was enough to at least get a run game going and that's everything for Kyle/Brock.

Imo the most important player on the team. Without him the offense sucks. An insane compliment, but scary for a team sport.

Back to 30+ points. 17 without him.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That says it all!
Originally posted by NCommand:

we didn't score 30 in Cleve.
You realize how much the run game flows with him when you see defenders on two separate plays run away from Trent
any mention of his ankle? Thats all im worried about.
Share 49ersWebzone