There are 384 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Montana:
Phew lol I saw TW on the not practice list and it was just resting lol. I don't wanna lose Papa Bear lol
Weds are his Vet rest days

Nice thing about Vet days is that his understudy (Jaylon Moore) gets valuable practice reps in his place.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Heh. I remember when Joe Staley retired, but we traded for Trent Williams.
And I was like, "Yeah, yeah, so he's good, what's all the hype about? He's no Joe."

Definitely a moment I am not proud of, lol.

I realize that we traded for Trent Williams BECAUSE Staley was retiring and an amazing opportunity became available... but man... if Staley didn't retire, it would've been so sweet to have Trent at LT, Staley at RT, and kick McGlinchey into RG. I would've felt so good about our o-line.

If Big Trent does retire, I do hope ShanaLynch tries to trade for Rashawn Slater in the offseason. But, personally, I'd like to see ShanaLynch go to the draft more than free agent trades to bolster that 49er OLine. Still, a guy like Rashawn would be worth it if they can get him for a 2nd rounder or lower.
And I was like, "Yeah, yeah, so he's good, what's all the hype about? He's no Joe."

I realize that we traded for Trent Williams BECAUSE Staley was retiring and an amazing opportunity became available... but man... if Staley didn't retire, it would've been so sweet to have Trent at LT, Staley at RT, and kick McGlinchey into RG. I would've felt so good about our o-line.

Yeah I remember when Staley retired too and thought I how this guy is any good. Now he's one of my favorite niners. How can you not love big Trent. I this having both would have us at the party with Lombardi for sure.
Originally posted by Giedi:

If Big Trent does retire, I do hope ShanaLynch tries to trade for Rashawn Slater in the offseason. But, personally, I'd like to see ShanaLynch go to the draft more than free agent trades to bolster that 49er OLine. Still, a guy like Rashawn would be worth it if they can get him for a 2nd rounder or lower.

Id love that though I can't fathom why the Chargers would do that. I'd aim for a low cost O-line however to ensure we keep everyone else.

What Trent said
Drew Magary argues Trent Williams should win the MVP award. (he also admits he was wrong about Brock...)

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-brock-purdy-not-mvp-trent-williams-18540273.php
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Drew Magary argues Trent Williams should win the MVP award. (he also admits he was wrong about Brock...)

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-brock-purdy-not-mvp-trent-williams-18540273.php

I think it comes down to this, if he's healthy the rest of the way, we win the SB
This man is truly the Godfather like person on the 49ers

Seeing Peters and Wentworth makes me think we got him for 3 more years.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

What Trent said

Yes Trent is right.

Trent Williams has a case of being the best LT of all time. I'm so glad Snyder was such a s**t owner cause we absolutely robbed Washington. I wish this man could play forever. I think he makes playing linemen so cool. He is definitely going to inspire a ton of big kids to play linemen.
Originally posted by lamontb:

I doubt it 😭

JG Wentworth
Originally posted by illinois9er:

JG Wentworth

I think there is a chance, but mostly because of this rare window we have with Purdy on a rookie deal. Our championship window might be biggest over these next couple years, and I can see Trent wanting to capitalize on that. If he gets a few rings on top of his resume, he could legit have a claim as GOAT offensive lineman.
Share 49ersWebzone