Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 637 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well if you're going to make that type of weak argument, the Rams got their asses kicked by Dallas, Philadelphia, Pitt and ragdolled by the lowly Packers and we absolutely destroyed Dallas Pitt and Philadelphia. We literally put in our back ups in the fourth quarter. Unheard of against teams like that. You know playoff teams in the NFC? So that really doesn't apply. Sorry

All of that is fair but they've won 5 out of 6 and performed much better than us against the ravens 2 weeks ago (not 2 months ago when we played Dallas).

Rams are playing at a high level and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We'll see what happens but guarantee it's no cake walk
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Well if you're going to make that type of weak argument, the Rams got their asses kicked by Dallas, Philadelphia, Pitt and ragdolled by the lowly Packers and we absolutely destroyed Dallas Pitt and Philadelphia. We literally put in our back ups in the fourth quarter. Unheard of against teams like that. You know playoff teams in the NFC? So that really doesn't apply. Sorry

All of that is fair but they've won 5 out of 6 and performed much better than us against the ravens 2 weeks ago (not 2 months ago when we played Dallas).

Rams are playing at a high level and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We'll see what happens but guarantee it's no cake walk

It's all about matchups, and we have their number for a reason. They may score more points this go around, but it's gonna be hard for them to score and their defense is not gonna stop the offense from scoring.
Originally posted by LoyalRam:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The Rams defense is horrible. We got destroyed by the Ravens because of their defense. Forcing a bunch of turnovers and constantly giving their offense a short field. The Rams will not be able to do that. The Rams have nothing on defense that can give our offense problems. The Rams offense is elite IMO but our defense will get enough stops. The Rams may need to score points on every drive to have a chance.

Why don't you take a look at the Rams vs Ravens game from a couple of weeks ago. We put them against a wall and their defense didn't do squat to Matthew Stafford except for one sack. The only reason we lost was an uncalled block in the back on one of our guys, which allowed that punt return TD in OT. We had them after their bye at home and you guys were punked at Levi. Their defense allowed our offense to score 31 points in regulation, which the right offense can expose that defense.

They likely weren't taking the Rams as seriously as they should. Your offense is playing better, but your defense still sucks and will limit what the Rams will do in the postseason.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The Rams defense is horrible. We got destroyed by the Ravens because of their defense. Forcing a bunch of turnovers and constantly giving their offense a short field. The Rams will not be able to do that. The Rams have nothing on defense that can give our offense problems. The Rams offense is elite IMO but our defense will get enough stops. The Rams may need to score points on every drive to have a chance.

Why don't you take a look at the Rams vs Ravens game from a couple of weeks ago. We put them against a wall and their defense didn't do squat to Matthew Stafford except for one sack. The only reason we lost was an uncalled block in the back on one of our guys, which allowed that punt return TD in OT. We had them after their bye at home and you guys were punked at Levi. Their defense allowed our offense to score 31 points in regulation, which the right offense can expose that defense.

Lol moral victories. Yay!!!!

In the end you guys still loss. But if you think about it, the 49ers can actually beat the Ravens, they beat the team that beat them in Pittsburgh. In all seriousness though, the 49ers came out with the wrong game plan, not to mention injuries throughout the game didn't help either.

And we punk the rams at their "home" lol..I mean you want to talk about moral victories go to a Rams forum…if they even exist?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And we punk the rams at their "home" lol..I mean you want to talk about moral victories go to a Rams forum…if they even exist?

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of mice. The Rams managed to get some wins over bottom feeders (Saints, Commanders, Cardinals, Browns 2 days after signing Joe Flacco, & Seahawks who they would've lost to had their kicker not miss the game winning FG) and suddenly fans are looking over their shoulders some of you need to get a grip. Not worried about those chumps as long as the the 49ers show up to play and with HFA and a first round bye likely on the line, I'm confident they will
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Dec 27, 2023 at 8:06 AM ]
Hi I'm looking for a Trent Williams update?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Hi I'm looking for a Trent Williams update?

Check back tomorrow, don't call us we'll call you.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of mice. The Rams managed to get some wins over bottom feeders (Saints, Commanders, Cardinals, Browns 2 days after signing Joe Flacco, & Seahawks who they would've lost to had their kicker not miss the game winning FG) and suddenly fans are looking over their shoulders some of you need to get a grip. Not worried about those chumps as long as the the 49ers show up to play and with HFA and a first round bye likely on the line, I'm confident they will

I was gonna point out they haven't beat anyone yet
why hasnt the team said anything about his injury now over 24 hours after the game has ended. concerning.

It's crazy all these "if then" statements coming from this guy. Because X team did this against Y team, therefore Z team will lose. Everyone is pouncing on the Niners because we've given them no reason to for almost 2 months. That's typically unheard of in the NFL. We were blowing out teams at a historic rate, but God forbid you catch a loss. Here come the haters. Same old story. This Ravens loss will refocus us
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
why hasnt the team said anything about his injury now over 24 hours after the game has ended. concerning.

I guess they're going to do an MRI to make sure it's not serious. They can probably beat WA without him but I wonder how much an extra week will help that type of injury. Those things usually hang around and the player just plays with it.
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Both Williams and Kupp are back and that makes their offense much better. Last time Nacua was hard to stop. I'm hoping our O line is somewhat healthy because we will need to score.
GIVE ME THE GROIN UPDATE
The real MVP
Share 49ersWebzone