Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 663 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well if you're going to make that type of weak argument, the Rams got their asses kicked by Dallas, Philadelphia, Pitt and ragdolled by the lowly Packers and we absolutely destroyed Dallas Pitt and Philadelphia. We literally put in our back ups in the fourth quarter. Unheard of against teams like that. You know playoff teams in the NFC? So that really doesn't apply. Sorry

All of that is fair but they've won 5 out of 6 and performed much better than us against the ravens 2 weeks ago (not 2 months ago when we played Dallas).

Rams are playing at a high level and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We'll see what happens but guarantee it's no cake walk

Both Williams and Kupp are back and that makes their offense much better. Last time Nacua was hard to stop. I'm hoping our O line is somewhat healthy because we will need to score.

Last time it was a dink and dunk fest with Nacua and Stafford. Purdy missed some throws that game that would have really pushed the score up higher, but we did enough despite that.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Well if you're going to make that type of weak argument, the Rams got their asses kicked by Dallas, Philadelphia, Pitt and ragdolled by the lowly Packers and we absolutely destroyed Dallas Pitt and Philadelphia. We literally put in our back ups in the fourth quarter. Unheard of against teams like that. You know playoff teams in the NFC? So that really doesn't apply. Sorry

All of that is fair but they've won 5 out of 6 and performed much better than us against the ravens 2 weeks ago (not 2 months ago when we played Dallas).

Rams are playing at a high level and are one of the hottest teams in the league. We'll see what happens but guarantee it's no cake walk

Both Williams and Kupp are back and that makes their offense much better. Last time Nacua was hard to stop. I'm hoping our O line is somewhat healthy because we will need to score.

Last time it was a dink and dunk fest with Nacua and Stafford. Purdy missed some throws that game that would have really pushed the score up higher, but we did enough despite that.

Yeah, that game had two wide-open touchdowns. It was essentially a blowout, but we let Stafford throw his 5 yard passes in the first half in zone and then when we went to man coverage, they scored no points in the second half. If you want to count that field goal with McVay, which was the biggest disgrace I've seen in decades, go ahead, but that game wasn't even a contest And Purdy will hit those throws this time………Witherspoon
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 27, 2023 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Hi I'm looking for a Trent Williams update?

Check back tomorrow, don't call us we'll call you.

Originally posted by braap49er:

Avoid a serious groin, it's a New Years Miracle
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by braap49er:

Avoid a serious groin, it's a New Years Miracle

yeah next it's we hope to have him back for the playoffs. Worst case the SB 😂
Yet another reason to take two offensive tackles within the first 5 picks. I'd just budget for 5 games without Trent each year until he retires. He's a warrior but he's no spring chicken. Get a guy that can start immediately and another that we can trust over McKivitz.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Yet another reason to take two offensive tackles within the first 5 picks. I'd just budget for 5 games without Trent each year until he retires. He's a warrior but he's no spring chicken. Get a guy that can start immediately and another that we can trust over McKivitz.

No guarantee that works out. Look at how much the giants have invested in OL in the draft (literally more than any other team over the past 7 years) and they're still awful

No guarantee that works out. Look at how much the giants have invested in OL in the draft (literally more than any other team over the past 7 years) and they're still awful

You're right but it's no different than lance and Purdy right? You have to keep drafting the position and eventually we will hit.
God bless this man's groin.

There is no guarantee any pick will work, but there's no excuse to not try. Also, we aren't the Giants of the last 7 years.
Feel like he gets injured in most of our ugly losses lol..... Den game, Cleve game, that game on xmas.

Need to check FA but we may have no choice but draft. I firmly believe this is Trent's last year. He hinted last year and I think he got swayed. I would think in his mind, we have everything we need to get there this year. If not this year never., If we miss the dance even worse.

I don't think we are quite grasping how big this is and will most likely be the biggest story of the off season. We have two regular season games and as far as we can go with Trent. Then I bet $50 whatever the outcome, win or lose, he retires.

This is going to change everything. Our OL is in desperate need of upgrades.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Dec 28, 2023 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Need to check FA but we may have no choice but draft. I firmly believe this is Trent's last year. He hinted last year and I think he got swayed. I would think in his mind, we have everything we need to get there this year. If not this year never., If we miss the dance even worse.

I don't think we are quite grasping how big this is and will most likely be the biggest story of the off season. We have two regular season games and as far as we can go with Trent. Then I bet $50 whatever the outcome, win or lose, he retires.

This is going to change everything. Our OL is in desperate need of upgrades.

I remember a rumor but I don't recall anything coming directly from him.
You need to draft O line in a year when that position is supposed to be strong. Trent's replacement. Right side improvement. Good players are always needed but this is an area of need more than any other on this team. I would pick a potential left tackle and play him on the right until Trent retires. He could also move over when Trent is injured. They have 12 picks so they can easily use 3 or 4 on the O line. Unless some really great player at another position slips back I don't want to see them using early picks on guys that may compete for backup jobs. They don't need DEs, LBs, kickers or punters. Maybe a really good corner if one is available. I can see them drafting a QB late since Darnold is likely to leave. Having a cheap backup will help.
Share 49ersWebzone