There are 173 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man already got his guaranteed money. I can understand him wanting more, so he should restructure his contract to get some new guaranteed but save the team money on the cap. That might make sense for both sides.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Man already got his guaranteed money. I can understand him wanting more, so he should restructure his contract to get some new guaranteed but save the team money on the cap. That might make sense for both sides.

Actually an extension like what CMC did makes more sense, cause redoing his deal just adds money to his cap numbers in 2025 & 2026, where an extension thru 2028 would likely lower his 24-26 cap hits.
Trent sees those guards making 20+ Million a year now. And not even the top guards.
Question for salary cap experts. Let's say Trent retires earlier than his contract ends and not because of injuries...does dead cap hit still count or is it wiped ?
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Question for salary cap experts. Let's say Trent retires earlier than his contract ends and not because of injuries...does dead cap hit still count or is it wiped ?

https://en.as.com/nfl/what-happens-when-an-nfl-player-retires-under-contract-does-he-still-get-paid-n/

Any remaining prorated bonuses count as dead money, but the team can go after that money as long as it's a signing bonus, I think GTD roster bonuses that prorate are protected, but any base salary that is GTD he would forfeit.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Any remaining prorated bonuses count as dead money, but the team can go after that money as long as it's a signing bonus, I think GTD roster bonuses that prorate are protected, but any base salary that is GTD he would forfeit.

I've always wondered what is stopping a team that knows player A will retire in 1-2 years, and they sign him to a 5 year extension that's very backloaded and the player still gets his guaranteed money up front, while also doing that team a solid since we can push that cap down the line and then it falls off the books anyways.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Oh boy
Dam. This is why is sucks so much losing this SB's. At some point everybody wants another pay day and it all comes to an end. Gotta pay this man. This o line is utter garbage without him

Kittle will be next lol.
Trent Williams holding out now too. Just keeps getting better and better.

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Oh boy

Well without Trent our line goes from Serviceable to Garbage. Need to get this figured out.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Actually an extension like what CMC did makes more sense, cause redoing his deal just adds money to his cap numbers in 2025 & 2026, where an extension thru 2028 would likely lower his 24-26 cap hits.

This is probably what is gonna happen
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Trent Williams holding out now too. Just keeps getting better and better.

I know rough having a f**k ton of great talent on one team

s**t costs money. Give him a CMC like extension and everyone is happy
Share 49ersWebzone