LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 166 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Everybody wants money same offseason and Brock still playing for pennies
As soon as they did CMC's deal we should have all known Trent would want some more GTD $$
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Trent Williams holding out now too. Just keeps getting better and better.

Extending Trent will actually save some cap space. However if he retires earlier - it hurts the 49ers. So I think it will get done along with the Aiyuk deal. We shall see.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
As soon as they did CMC's deal we should have all known Trent would want some more GTD $$

Exactly!

This coupled with asking guys to take pay cuts.

Without Trent Williams we are probably just a regular team. He brings a lot to the table and we haven't planned for life without Big Trent.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Everybody wants money same offseason and Brock still playing for pennies

Brock is on pace to make that taylor swift money, he good
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 24, 2024 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Exactly!

Without Trent Williams we are probably just a regular team. He brings a lot to the table and we haven't planned for life without Big Trent.

Funny cuz a lot of weirdos on here partly blamed him for the sb loss. If they were in charge kyle and trent would be gone lol
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Exactly!

Without Trent this team doesn't even win a wildcard spot.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

TW sad to say he may have jumped the shark. i keep recalling him getting forklifted in the SB with everything in the balance, and just killing drive #2. he is now 35.. excuse me as i type this, I see he is now 36. dang.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
TW sad to say he may have jumped the shark. i keep recalling him getting forklifted in the SB with everything in the balance, and just killing drive #2. he is now 35.. excuse me as i type this, I see he is now 36. dang.

Again ironic that one performance in a SB suddenly means the world.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Nah one game doesn't mean jack. A lot of dudes including the coaching staff s**t the bed yet again in the SB. Trent is still the best LT in the game.
This is good news for the Niners because extending him with more guarantees will give the Niners a bunch more cap space in the upcoming years. I think Trent's cap hit is $34 million in 2025 and you can turn that into like $8 Million. That will help when it comes to BA and our free agent corners. Now the downside of extending him with these guarantees is if he decides to retire in a couple of years. That's why Lynch and Trent need to find a common ground that protects both the player and the team. The language in these deals is what usually holds up alot of them.

But I expect this to get done pretty quickly, Like it did with CMC. Probally within the next couple of days.
Trade him. He can not play for someone else even though he is getting paid so damn much. Greedy and old. Maybe we can get 2 OLine worth a s**t for him
he's holding out?

he's under contract for multiple seasons,
what on earth

he probably realizes this is his last ever shot at ringing the register. but with all those years under contract, screw this
lynch should fax him the SB tape, and tell him to get to work, not a penny more
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jul 24, 2024 at 3:46 PM ]
he owes us actually, not we owe him. give us a refund 1 game for that SB
Share 49ersWebzone