There are 198 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Two stars holding out is not the ideal start for a team that is built to win now… too much noise and lost focus. It just feels like a bad way to start the season. I really hope they resolve the issues and restore the focus back to winning…

The contract is the real trophy for 95% of players in todays game.

Yup.. Brady seems like the only guy in recent history who could care less.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Give the big man what he wants. Arguably the best in the league and deserves to the payed like it.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Two stars holding out is not the ideal start for a team that is built to win now… too much noise and lost focus. It just feels like a bad way to start the season. I really hope they resolve the issues and restore the focus back to winning…

The contract is the real trophy for 95% of players in todays game.

Yup.. Brady seems like the only guy in recent history who could care less.

Because he made plenty of money and winning mattered more to him as he got older for sure. (which also means he was probably fiscally responsible throughout his career as well) I would like Trent to have the same mindset, but it is obvious he is about the almighty dollar. People like Brady are rare.
Because he made plenty of money and winning mattered more to him as he got older for sure. (which also means he was probably fiscally responsible throughout his career as well) I would like Trent to have the same mindset, but it is obvious he is about the almighty dollar. People like Brady are rare.

Brady is the real KING of G.O.A.T.S.
Lynch should just be like, "C'mon guys, what's a couple million dollars amongst friends??!"
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I agree with this take they reached for Kinlaw due to the loss of Buckner and passed on Wirfs. This was crazy when it happened. We over value what we do on the D line and Kyle keeps thinking we can scheme around a bad O line.

To a certain extent you can scheme around a weak offensive line. I don't recommend it of course. What you can't do is scheme around a defensive weakness. To a certain extent the 49er defense has been weak at the DB squads - and that's been where Patrick has killed us in the big game.

I'd like the 49er OLine to really get bigger and more athletic. They are, because I really like the Puni and Kingston Picks. Bigger (Puni) and very athletic (Kingston) and they devoted two draft picks to the OLIne this year.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by braap49er:
I think Williams is being selfish holding out for another contract.

Eh, he's getting old and wants guaranteed money for security. He's still playing at a high level so I don't think he's asking too much at least I hope not...

He's already set for life money wise. He's just being selfish right now. Wants money over a ring. You'd think he'd come in motivated after that SB performance.
I bet Kyle and Lynch wished they had been drafting OT's like a lot of you guys wanted 😆

Next years first will probably be a Tackle.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I bet Kyle and Lynch wished they had been drafting OT's like a lot of you guys wanted 😆

Next years first will probably be a Tackle.

yeah they put TW in the drivers seat here team is over a barrel, they will cave and TW will probably fall off a cliff, in terms of performance, once the gtd cash is locked in.
It's like everyone wants to be here but then magically be the highest paid but then hold out whilst still under a contract. Everyone trying to get paid right before Brock does? QB making pennies and everyone else trying to eat up the salary cap

Should have drafted an OT early.
What exactly is he asking for? Has that been reported? Didn't he get his contract re-done last year or year before?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I agree with this take they reached for Kinlaw due to the loss of Buckner and passed on Wirfs. This was crazy when it happened. We over value what we do on the D line and Kyle keeps thinking we can scheme around a bad O line.

To a certain extent you can scheme around a weak offensive line. I don't recommend it of course. What you can't do is scheme around a defensive weakness. To a certain extent the 49er defense has been weak at the DB squads - and that's been where Patrick has killed us in the big game.

I'd like the 49er OLine to really get bigger and more athletic. They are, because I really like the Puni and Kingston Picks. Bigger (Puni) and very athletic (Kingston) and they devoted two draft picks to the OLIne this year.
For Bass: We had no chance at Wirfs

you can't scheme around a weak OL. Our OL has faced the best of best DLs and only gave up 2 half (0.5) sacks to a DB and DE (not CJ) which adds up to 1 total sack.

Our OL isn't the best, but def not weak
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
What exactly is he asking for? Has that been reported? Didn't he get his contract re-done last year or year before?

I'm sure it's more money lol
Originally posted by Since07:
I think Williams is being selfish holding out for another contract.

Eh, he's getting old and wants guaranteed money for security. He's still playing at a high level so I don't think he's asking too much at least I hope not...

He's already set for life money wise. He's just being selfish right now. Wants money over a ring. You'd think he'd come in motivated after that SB performance.

It's hard to afford those expensive cars and huge house payments. These poor guys can't afford to feed their families.

Seriously I wouldn't mind if some backup player that provides good depth was asking for more money. These guys are often making 2-3 million and they're important to the team. Teams need that depth. Instead of shoveling more money on a half dozen stars, it would be better to spread it around a little and keep more players happy. Brady gets praise for realizing that but I wonder if he would have done it the same way if his wife wasn't earning twice as much as he was.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jul 25, 2024 at 1:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone