There are 197 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bro was waiting to see what he was getting 👀

I wonder if we would have considered him if we would have kept Buckner and not needed to draft Kinlaw?

We should have drafted him, he was BPA at the time.
We did not Need to draft Buckner's replacement with our first round pick. There were red flags, and the team ignored them.
Originally posted by Oilcan:

I wonder if we would have considered him if we would have kept Buckner and not needed to draft Kinlaw?

We did not Need to draft Buckner's replacement with our first round pick. There were red flags, and the team ignored them.

If we kept Buckner then we lose Armstead and the team probably has the same DT need when making the first pick (whatever it changes to b/c of the Armstead/Buckner difference)
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

If we kept Buckner then we lose Armstead and the team probably has the same DT need when making the first pick (whatever it changes to b/c of the Armstead/Buckner difference)

True, I forgot about that situation.

We are most likely always going DL over OL if there is a need.
Prices just keep going up
Originally posted by lamontb:

Like in real life LOL

Inflation
We are having terrible timing with these signings.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
we've been going through this for a few seasons now. They all almost go down to the wire
Originally posted by lamontb:

Like in real life LOL

Inflation

So true. Thanks for the laugh. 😂
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Aug 1, 2024 at 12:04 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
we've been going through this for a few seasons now. They all almost go down to the wire

great publicity for the team.

Storyline on NFL network, sportscenter if fire!
They need Williams more than Aiyuk. The WR group is still good without BA. If Williams isn't in the O line they're in real trouble. Brock running for his life. CMC getting stuffed.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
They need Williams more than Aiyuk. The WR group is still good without BA. If Williams isn't in the O line they're in real trouble. Brock running for his life. CMC getting stuffed.

I sadly agree so it's wise Kyle and John loaded up on o-line prospects this last deaft. Especially at tackle.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

They need both. You can't have Deebo as your #1 WR, You just can't. Deebo vs Sauce Gardner, Yeah good luck with that.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

great publicity for the team.

Storyline on NFL network, sportscenter if fire!
probably.. Got to set up Netflix Receiver 2 with some drama

Yes, but this shows the problem of drafting for need instead of BPA. When we went on the clock, I admit I screamed CeeDee Lamb!!! Then I thought wait a minute...we should be on the phones right now trying to trade McGlinchy, and then draft Wirfs. That was before McGlinshy's big drop off, and I think we could have gotten a 2nd rounder for him. I personally would have aimed for a Wirfs/Robert Hunt combo, but if they were set on replacing DT early they could have easily gone Wirfs and Raekwon Davis. Still the biggest reason fans hate trading away Buckner, was because of the way we wasted the pick.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Yes, but this shows the problem of drafting for need instead of BPA. When we went on the clock, I admit I screamed CeeDee Lamb!!! Then I thought wait a minute...we should be on the phones right now trying to trade McGlinchy, and then draft Wirfs. That was before McGlinshy's big drop off, and I think we could have gotten a 2nd rounder for him. I personally would have aimed for a Wirfs/Robert Hunt combo, but if they were set on replacing DT early they could have easily gone Wirfs and Raekwon Davis. Still the biggest reason fans hate trading away Buckner, was because of the way we wasted the pick.

A lot of us wanted Wirfs. Fine we got Trent after which then made some sense, but most scratched their heads at kinlaw. It is safe to say if we drafted wirfs and still traded for TW we would have been better the last 4 years. They have built a great roster despite some glaring missies /blunders early in the draft.

if Trent is being unreasonable it's going to be interesting.
Share 49ersWebzone