LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 119 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trent throw down a player is all it takes to get the rust off. Which team rookie will offer up the sacrifice...
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bingo. It's just wild some folks are complaining about this roster overall.

Part of their DNA. Will find a reason to b***h even in the best of times

Pretty much. Lame
Originally posted by tankle104:
KC has been good in the later rounds and UDFA like we have. They've had some big time hits at corner and then having a monster like Chris jones helps. Then they hit on the cheetah. As well as HOF players like mahommes and Kelce.

no team is perfect at drafting and most are horrible. If you look at every teams drafts over the last five years - most are horrific

Kelce was drafted in 2013… That was back when we took Vance McDonald over him lolz. We're going back over 10 yrs now?

Only reason Hill dropped is because he likes to beat women and Reid doesn't care about that stuff.

my point was basically saying what you're alluding to. No team is perfect. KC the "golden child" has had plenty of misses all the same.

Yeah I'm not debating on if we made mistakes etc. I'm just agreeing with you that every team misses a lot and that the chiefs are built similar to us. When they hit, they've hit big time (like us). But they've missed on quite a few too.
Are we really complaining about first round draft picks? Of course you always want them to be studs, but doesn't work like that. How many people even remember that when the Rams took Aaron Donald he was their second first round draft pick? They took a tackle in the top 5 first who didn't even see out his rookie contract.

Aside from over analysing your own team (we all do it), nobody else really cares where you got the players as long as you get the players.
KC has been good in the later rounds and UDFA like we have. They've had some big time hits at corner and then having a monster like Chris jones helps. Then they hit on the cheetah. As well as HOF players like mahommes and Kelce.

no team is perfect at drafting and most are horrible. If you look at every teams drafts over the last five years - most are horrific

Kelce was drafted in 2013… That was back when we took Vance McDonald over him lolz. We're going back over 10 yrs now?

Only reason Hill dropped is because he likes to beat women and Reid doesn't care about that stuff.

my point was basically saying what you're alluding to. No team is perfect. KC the "golden child" has had plenty of misses all the same.

Yeah I'm not debating on if we made mistakes etc. I'm just agreeing with you that every team misses a lot and that the chiefs are built similar to us. When they hit, they've hit big time (like us). But they've missed on quite a few too.

They got 3 Super Bowl wins. We got 3 Super Bowl losses. In somewhat modern and recent times. Not always the same regime exactly. But I don't think they are built like us. Not exactly. They got a lot of Super Bowl trophies. We don't have any. Except if you go back to the Eddie D days.

KC was an average to a terrible team since I can remember until they got Mahomes. There last SB appearance SB2 before Mahomes. They stunk.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Sep 4, 2024 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by TD49ers:

KC was an average to terrible since I can remember until they got Mahomes.

That sounds good except for the fact Alex Smith led the Chiefs to the playoffs 4 straight years before Mahomes took over the team
KC was an average to a terrible team since I can remember until they got Mahomes. There last SB appearance SB2 before Mahomes. They stunk.

I know their fans would continually b***h about not drafting a QB high going back to the early 80s IIRC. Always getting other teams' sloppy seconds (many Niners of course).

Really worked out for them when they did, lol.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

That sounds good except for the fact Alex Smith led the Chiefs to the playoffs 4 straight years before Mahomes took over the team

Alex had some of the best years of his life there. So they had a lot of talent and coaching around him. In particular Tyreek Hill. He would go deep to Hill sometimes over the top. It was weird watching Alex do that. Because with us I didn't know he could throw more than 15 yards.....
KC was an average to a terrible since I can remember until they got Mahomes.

Big deal. They were never contenders.

You've got to read up a bit… it's Super Bowl or bust for the intents of this convo 🤣🤣
KC was an average to a terrible since I can remember until they got Mahomes.

Big deal. They were never contenders.

Your definition of "average to terrible" probably needs to be revisited

You appear to see teams as SB Contenders or losers with no in between
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

You've got to read up a bit… it's Super Bowl or bust for the intents of this convo 🤣🤣

Low bar for making the KC argument.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Alex had some of the best years of his life there. So they had a lot of talent and coaching around him. In particular Tyreek Hill. He would go deep to Hill sometimes over the top. It was weird watching Alex do that. Because with us I didn't know he could throw more than 15 yards.....
Best years lol, he couldn't throw and it's why he was gone. He was the weak link as always
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 4, 2024 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Best years lol, he couldn't throw and it's not why he was gone. He was the weak link as always

He was the same player there as here. He had a better set of weapons around him, especially for his strengths, and Andy Reid obviously isn't a slouch either.
Share 49ersWebzone