LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 152 users in the forums

All Pro OT Trent Williams "Silverback",

Shop Find 49ers gear online
More-specifically on that likely "agreement" I proposed on being able to skip camp, albeit without a shred of proof up to now:

Trent WIlliams was fined $5.34M,...but the 49ers are essentially paying back those fines, as Williams's total compensation over three years went from $77.31 million to $82.66 million, with the difference being $5.35 million.
Originally posted by random49er:
More-specifically on that likely "agreement" I proposed on being able to skip camp, albeit without a shred of proof up to now:

Trent WIlliams was fined $5.34M,...but the 49ers are essentially paying back those fines, as Williams's total compensation over three years went from $77.31 million to $82.66 million, with the difference being $5.35 million.

That's just new money. They also moved 1.4M from his 2025 compensation into his 2024 compensation. This is also pre-tax compensation. Before 2017, players used to be able to avoid income taxes on penalties by itemizing a deduction for an unreimbursed business expense. That would have resulted in him paying taxes on 77.31M. The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Bill eliminated that ability. The full 82.6M will be taxed and Trent won't get a tax benefit to offset the fines.
Originally posted by Typecast:
Originally posted by random49er:

That's just new money. They also moved 1.4M from his 2025 compensation into his 2024 compensation. This is also pre-tax compensation. Before 2017, players used to be able to avoid income taxes on penalties by itemizing a deduction for an unreimbursed business expense. That would have resulted in him paying taxes on 77.31M. The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Bill eliminated that ability. The full 82.6M will be taxed and Trent won't get a tax benefit to offset the fines.

Yes...of course it's new money. Money he lost they made up. It becomes a wash. The pounding of his body @ this age doesn't really give a damn about taxes...lol.
The real lambo

I thought the Trent haters in our fanbase said dude was washed?
He didn't miss a beat. Who needs training camp?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He'll probably slightly disagree with you when he finally wakes up tomorrow
[ Edited by TyCore on Sep 10, 2024 at 9:18 AM ]
Originally posted by TyCore:

He's the same but slightly out of camp shape. He needed some fluids. It will get better as the season goes.
TW looked like he was carrying a big no-camp belly last night. Looked a lot heavier than last year. Didn't affect him in game one, but could start to wear him out as the season goes on.
Originally posted by Heroism:
The real lambo

I thought I saw TW get worked by Q Williams, maybe it was a run play....

Either way our line look good ..can't do that with our him

Originally posted by TyCore:

He's the same but slightly out of camp shape. He needed some fluids. It will get better as the season goes.

This!
The left side of the line was a big reason we lost today. Multiple times they were blocking the same guy or one of them let a guy get to purdy untouched. They were visibly arguing
he played like s**t
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
he played like s**t

This pisses me off. Let's hear the WBzers that support contract hold outs answer to this one.
Just a reminder that he held out as well and it showed.
Share 49ersWebzone