Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 254 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He couldn't do anything against Watt. If he looks even half as bad against lesser players, Pryor will start to not look so bad as a replacement option.

Now you see why Pryor made the team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This dude was Kwame Harris bad today. Teams are going to be targeting him as the glaring weak spot on the OL if he doesn't get it together.

First game of the season against a historically great pass rusher, on a team getting embarrassed at home. Watt has real ability, and was legitimately motivated to change the game single handedly.

Even with that, I think we have seen heavier pressure from one guy before. Charles Hayley on Dallas for example....

Not a good showing for McKivits....no doubt... but maybe a baptism by fire.
He didn't have Bosa to practice against. Now he does.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He looked better in pre-season and he was really solid Week 18 against the Rams in 2021 playing LT.
I would wait a little bit here.
McGlinchey didn't look good either against the Cowboys last year in the POs.
TJ Watt is a monster and of course he wouldn't go against Trent Williams. It's hard to play against players like him or Micah Parsons.
If you pretend McKivitz was wearing #69, nothing out of the ordinary happened today.
Originally posted by pdc20:
He looked better in pre-season and he was really solid Week 18 against the Rams in 2021 playing LT.
I would wait a little bit here.
McGlinchey didn't look good either against the Cowboys last year in the POs.
TJ Watt is a monster and of course he wouldn't go against Trent Williams. It's hard to play against players like him or Micah Parsons.

The thing is, he wasn't really good against the Rams in that game. He got a lot of help and when the game was on the line, he gave up a huge sack that all but sealed the game until we pulled out a miracle.
He played OK. He had 1 bad whiff that I saw. But mostly blocked pretty well.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He couldn't do anything against Watt. If he looks even half as bad against lesser players, Pryor will start to not look so bad as a replacement option.

This. He looked helpless, he wasn't even forcing Watt to work for it. May have been the three easiest sacks of his career.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Oof, may want to get those eyes looked at.
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you pretend McKivitz was wearing #69, nothing out of the ordinary happened today.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This. He looked helpless, he wasn't even forcing Watt to work for it. May have been the three easiest sacks of his career.

Baptism by fire. Let's see how he fares in Week 2 against lesser pass rush talent. We need him to bounce back.

I saw that live
Originally posted by Dshearn:
This dude was Kwame Harris bad today. Teams are going to be targeting him as the glaring weak spot on the OL if he doesn't get it together.

First game of the season against a historically great pass rusher, on a team getting embarrassed at home. Watt has real ability, and was legitimately motivated to change the game single handedly.

Even with that, I think we have seen heavier pressure from one guy before. Charles Hayley on Dallas for example....

Not a good showing for McKivits....no doubt... but maybe a baptism by fire.

Yah, Mckivits did get embarrassed a few times but I could also see that Watt was unstoppable today and I'm sure just about anyone across from him today would be getting this treatment.

It was the home opener and that guy has a motor that just runs and runs. That guy was motivated and on a mission to change the tide himself. He did his part.
Wasn't terrible in the 1st half. Definitely seemed to get worn down in the 2nd.

Can't have him getting beat and Burford giving penalties 5-6 times a game. Right side of the OL still an issue.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LOL

He played awful, but it was against Watt. I expect him to be fine. But today went poorly.
Share 49ersWebzone