Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 215 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Wasn't terrible in the 1st half. Definitely seemed to get worn down in the 2nd.

Can't have him getting beat and Burford giving penalties 5-6 times a game. Right side of the OL still an issue.

Agree on Burford and McKivitz, they will be a work in progress for the entire season, for sure. I still hope Foerster can get it done and develop Burford and McKivitz. I think McKivitz has potential to be a good right tackle - the score was, I think, an indicator of the whole OLine play, and a big part of it was stalemating TJ Watt. Yeah he got his sacks, but still the offense kept rolling for the most part.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Can't have him getting beat and Burford giving penalties 5-6 times a game. Right side of the OL still an issue.

Agree on Burford and McKivitz, they will be a work in progress for the entire season, for sure. I still hope Foerster can get it done and develop Burford and McKivitz. I think McKivitz has potential to be a good right tackle - the score was, I think, an indicator of the whole OLine play, and a big part of it was stalemating TJ Watt. Yeah he got his sacks, but still the offense kept rolling for the most part.

I will wait until the Giants game before I assess.
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you pretend McKivitz was wearing #69, nothing out of the ordinary happened today.

For those that think we should have extended McGlinchey. We got the same level of play for a fraction of the cost. Cap Economics :-).

they good ... they good..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I didn't think he did too bad today. Sure he gave up three sacks but what can you say it was TJ Watt. Watt makes a lot of Tackles in the NFL look stupid.

McKivitz will be just fine.
He sucked but Buford gave up two penalties in the first quarter alone...

Yet they let ill manning go to the cards after stonewalling people all preseason...
That was as bad as it gets for him today.
They should move Kittle's locker to the right of him
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
He sucked but Buford gave up two penalties in the first quarter alone...

Yet they let ill manning go to the cards after stonewalling people all preseason...

After what we did to the Steelers, you are using preseason to judge the quality of a player?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I will wait until the Giants game before I assess.
If you pretend McKivitz was wearing #69, nothing out of the ordinary happened today.

For those that think we should have extended McGlinchey. We got the same level of play for a fraction of the cost. Cap Economics :-).

The only people who really thought resigning McGlinchey was a good idea was his family and close friends. Watt would've killed him and flipped him and his overpaid ass on his ass

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
The only people who really thought resigning McGlinchey was a good idea was his family and close friends. Watt would've killed him and flipped him and his overpaid ass on his ass

Personally, I'm kinda glad he's not here anymore. He was a turnstile as a pass protector. McKivitz, I thought, was OK - I think he just got tired in the 2nd half against Watt.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I didn't think he did too bad today. Sure he gave up three sacks but what can you say it was TJ Watt. Watt makes a lot of Tackles in the NFL look stupid.

Agree

He's definitely a work in progress. He had a good first half.

Not every DE will be of the calibre of TJ.

Still Mcivitz needs more improvement.

Agree

He's definitely a work in progress. He had a good first half.

Not every DE will be of the calibre of TJ.

Still Mcivitz needs more improvement.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This!

Even against Watt, giving up THREE sacks is unacceptable. He HAS to get better to keep our FQB healthy. It's not sacks that bother me as much as Brock getting hit.

Yeah, that was my take too. I thought a lot of it had to do with playing Watt.
Share 49ersWebzone