Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 228 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I didn't think he did too bad today. Sure he gave up three sacks but what can you say it was TJ Watt. Watt makes a lot of Tackles in the NFL look stupid.

McKivitz will be just fine.

Yeah, that was my take too. I thought a lot of it had to do with playing Watt.

If the Niners lined Bosa up against the opposing RT every snap of every game, he would NOT get 3 sacks every game. Bosa >>> Watt.
Tough match up today. That being said, I think he held up well. Was nowhere near as disturbing as a majority of McGlinchey's sacks.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Tough match up today. That being said, I think he held up well. Was nowhere near as disturbing as a majority of McGlinchey's sacks.

BOTTOM line is.. Kivo could have gotten some help BY DESIGN from either the TE or the RB... anyhowwww... He's already faced ONE OF THE BEST in the NFL, Sundays to come will nothing more than ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE !!!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you pretend McKivitz was wearing #69, nothing out of the ordinary happened today.

They don't call him McLunchmoney for nothing…
NC is so pissed right now
the arrow can only go up right?
Imagine this guy in the playoffs versus the Eagles or Cowboys pass rush
Originally posted by lamontb:
Imagine this guy in the playoffs versus the Eagles or Cowboys pass rush
Lombardi #6 ?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
NC is so pissed right now

As he should be. I'm pissed right now. We have the best roster too to bottom in the league, with a backup player at one of the most pivotal positions in the game. If Purdy is constantly pressured from that side, it is literally the team's only vulnerability and greatest weakness.
Please let this be his worst game we're screwed if it gets worse than this

• mod
  • Veteran
I didn't think he was any worse than McGlinch. Which is to say its still a position that needs addressing. We're saving cap space with Mckivitz in but with Trent Williams retiring soon we need to bolster this line very soon.
[ Edited by mod on Sep 10, 2023 at 6:21 PM ]

Pretending that it's ok to give up 3 sacks just because he was matched up against Watt is foolish. If that were the case, Watt would get 51 sacks per season. No, it's nowhere near alright and needs to be fixed ASAP.
My guess is that about mid-year, when a team with an expensive RT is out of the playoff hunt, the Niners will make a trade. Ala CMC last year. And then go first round OT in next year's draft.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
My guess is that about mid-year, when a team with an expensive RT is out of the playoff hunt, the Niners will make a trade. Ala CMC last year. And then go first round OT in next year's draft.

Mid season could be too late. It only takes 1 hit to lose Brock for the season, or 1 game to lose home field advantage. They'll likely give him a couple more weeks, but vs LA next week he'll probably only give up 1 sack. Vs Giants and then Cowboys he'll give up more. We have the cap space to make a move, and trading a 1sf round pick for a quality starter at that position is better than waiting to draft one and Hopi the pans out.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Pretending that it's ok to give up 3 sacks just because he was matched up against Watt is foolish. If that were the case, Watt would get 51 sacks per season. No, it's nowhere near alright and needs to be fixed ASAP.
Not sure if you are aware but there is a shortage of quality offensive linemen in the NFL right now. The fact Zakelj made this roster should tell you enough. Where exactly do you suppose we find this help??
Share 49ersWebzone