There are 180 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Kyle mentioned this play, inferring Brock waited too long. The coverage changed on Brock. Maybe they disguised to confused Brock.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 12, 2023 at 8:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I vaguely remember McGlinchey's first couple of outing, he went against a quick top pass rusher and didn't fare well. Did ok after that. I can't remember who that was...been awhile. McKivitz will be ok.

We HOPE.

IMO the quality of o-line play has dropped big time and most people tell me its the CBA. The reduced offseason stuff has hurt o-line development compared to before.

I find it ironic the league has purposely pushed to be a passing league, but pass protection has really gone down overall.

I wonder if coaches will migrate to more elaborate running schemes to help develop lineman (and qb's now that I think about it) along more reasonably. I am surprised more teams don't try to run like we do.

It takes time and commitment to get the right pieces. Kyle and Bobby Turner, the best at it, and it took them 2-3 years to get to good. Imagine a coach that's part of the tree trynna get the GM to commit the same.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 12, 2023 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Brocks biggest weakness is he doesn't sense pressure well from the right side. It was a common theme last year too and unfortunately saw it in yesterday's game. This is a pretty big concern with McKivitz there. Looks very slow and terrible in the above video. At least just try to get in the guys way more even if he does run you over....

I am not sure it is necessarily the right side. I would say it is more like the blind side. If he is scanning the field on the right side, maybe he won't sense the rush from the left. I don't know if other top tier QB can always sense their blind side either. It is more a question of how often a QB can sense the pressure. I don't have an answer to how good or bad Brock is on this. We have definitely seen him sense the free rusher and spin out of trouble a number times.

Here is an example of he sensing the pressure from the right side
Do the Jets have a OT that's better then Colton? I'd imagine after Aaron's injury some of those players are available.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Do the Jets have a OT that's better then Colton? I'd imagine after Aaron's injury some of those players are available.

Their RT is a 1st round guy. 11th overall.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 12, 2023 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

He isn't much better than Colton if at all.

let me see if I understand this correct, Rodgers gets ended after 1 pass, and we should take one of those tackles, and add that guy to the 49ers, see what happens?

bold strategy right there
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

let me see if I understand this correct, Rodgers gets ended after 1 pass, and we should take one of those tackles, and add that guy to the 49ers, see what happens?

I don't put Rodgers injury on the OL. The play he got hurt on was a 3 step drop where the ball was supposed to come out quick. Rodgers held it too long, then got his cleats hung up on that trash turf.

I don't put Rodgers injury on the OL. The play he got hurt on was a 3 step drop where the ball was supposed to come out quick. Rodgers held it too long, then got his cleats hung up on that trash turf.

i'm just having fun here, i agree with you
being serious, I don't think NYJ is the place to go if you need a tackle, they might be 32nd in OT, also I don't think they are selling at 1-0, especially at that position

i'm just having fun here, i agree with you
being serious, I don't think NYJ is the place to go if you need a tackle, they might be 32nd in OT, also I don't think they are selling at 1-0, especially at that position

Yeah, I've heard bad things about them but haven't paid attention.

And yet he sucks
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

he any good though? Ive heard his name a few times just dont remember if they were cause he was bad or good lol.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

he any good though? Ive heard his name a few times just dont remember if they were cause he was bad or good lol.

He was great, not sure how he is at the moment.
Share 49ersWebzone