LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Well, He doesn't have big shoes to fill from the previous holdover. We know Glinch was a great vs the run and mediocre vs the pass. A couple more games before Dallas to get him some more valuable reps.

He's effed against the cowboys. It's going to be horrible. I really hope Kyle gives him help. Parsons rushes from the right side a lot too.

Parsons is just as good as watt - damnit. This is depressing to think about.
you know he is going to give up tons of pressures too. I hope Kyle really does give him chips and/or running backs to help.

Kyle will employ the McVay game plan for sure with lots of runs to the left side and all passes out under 2.3s.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well, He doesn't have big shoes to fill from the previous holdover. We know Glinch was a great vs the run and mediocre vs the pass. A couple more games before Dallas to get him some more valuable reps.

He's effed against the cowboys. It's going to be horrible. I really hope Kyle gives him help. Parsons rushes from the right side a lot too.

you know he is going to give up tons of pressures too. I hope Kyle really does give him chips and/or running backs to help.

Kyle will employ the McVay game plan for sure with lots of runs to the left side and all passes out under 2.3s.

I agree with this. I'd grind it out with the Cowboys. Lots of running. Make it a Juice, CMC, Mitchell, Mason, and Kittle game,with some shots downfield taken every.now and again. Cowboys talent wise, match up well, but they can't match us man for man all over the field. I hear Parsons name a lot. Thats just one guy. They have other guys, but is it as many as us? Our linebackers, Bosa, Hargrave, Armstead, Jackson, DBs that will pick you off. Etc.

Id never give them an opportunity to rush. On offense, I think our defense can slow them down. If we play mistake free,we should take them.

There are game plans to neutralize a pass rush. We just saw the Rams employ one.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

There are game plans to neutralize a pass rush. We just saw the Rams employ one.

Kyle's a master at this too. And all our weapons are short area YAC monsters.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

McKivitz has gotten better since Bosa's come back. Good performance against Aaron, and TJ Watt only got three sacks. The Browns OLine (I think) gave up 6. Let's see how the OLine does against the Giants then see what the options are. Chubb is out for the season. Desperate bottom feeding ball clubs will do the stupidest things - once they are in panic mode, that's when ShanaLynch pounces for a great left tackle.
Originally posted by Giedi:

McKivitz has gotten better since Bosa's come back. Good performance against Aaron, and TJ Watt only got three sacks. The Browns OLine (I think) gave up 6. Let's see how the OLine does against the Giants then see what the options are. Chubb is out for the season. Desperate bottom feeding ball clubs will do the stupidest things - once they are in panic mode, that's when ShanaLynch pounces for a great left tackle.

I cant really think of any good tackles being traded during the season. Offseason there are a few.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I cant really think of any good tackles being traded during the season. Offseason there are a few.

No, you are correct. Its going to be a rare trade if it does happen. Probably as rare as getting an elite edge rusher on a trade for pennies. The cap space is most likely going to be rolled over. Still, I'm an optimist! I hope its going to happen!
They have to make a trade
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
He's improving, but he still needs help. Hope in the Cardinal's game he shows more growth and improvement. I don't think he had any penalties or had his name called in the Giants game, so if that's the case - 🏹 up in my book.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LMAO.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LMAO.

Who's better... Mckivits or Tom Compton?
Dammit! Our FO isn't even willing to kick the tires on this dude?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/25/lael-collins-ex-cincinnati-bengals-tackle-passes-physical/70965827007/
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/25/lael-collins-ex-cincinnati-bengals-tackle-passes-physical/70965827007/

Bc it's hard to just bring an OL during the season and expect him to start right away and be good. It's the hardest position to get someone in right away. Hence why you rarely see OL traded during the season.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Hes pretty awful at pass protection himself. Might be OK at guard.
Share 49ersWebzone