LISTEN: Do The 49ers Need To Make A Trade? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Dammit! Our FO isn't even willing to kick the tires on this dude?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/25/lael-collins-ex-cincinnati-bengals-tackle-passes-physical/70965827007/

Bc it's hard to just bring an OL during the season and expect him to start right away and be good. It's the hardest position to get someone in right away. Hence why you rarely see OL traded during the season.

Pretty sure QB is the toughest position to get someone in right away, but I'm sure he could pick it up quick enough to have a big impact. I'd just feel a lot better if McKivitz was on the bench in case the team suffered any injuries. Even if McKivitz play was subpar, injuries are the only thing keeping this team from winning it all.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Well, He doesn't have big shoes to fill from the previous holdover. We know Glinch was a great vs the run and mediocre vs the pass. A couple more games before Dallas to get him some more valuable reps.

He's effed against the cowboys. It's going to be horrible. I really hope Kyle gives him help. Parsons rushes from the right side a lot too.

Parsons is just as good as watt - damnit. This is depressing to think about.
you know he is going to give up tons of pressures too. I hope Kyle really does give him chips and/or running backs to help.

There are game plans to neutralize a pass rush. We just saw the Rams employ one.

Kyle's a master at this too. And all our weapons are short area YAC monsters.

Yeah, I have a lot of confidence that Shanahan can gameplan against elite pass-rushers. Hopefully McKivitz can improve to just hold up long enough when he has those dudes.

The more resources we have to dedicate to stopping an elite pass-rusher, it means we probably lose out on Kittle and/or Juice as a receiving option.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/25/lael-collins-ex-cincinnati-bengals-tackle-passes-physical/70965827007/

Bc it's hard to just bring an OL during the season and expect him to start right away and be good. It's the hardest position to get someone in right away. Hence why you rarely see OL traded during the season.

Pretty sure QB is the toughest position to get someone in right away, but I'm sure he could pick it up quick enough to have a big impact. I'd just feel a lot better if McKivitz was on the bench in case the team suffered any injuries. Even if McKivitz play was subpar, injuries are the only thing keeping this team from winning it all.
Pretty unlikely. It's going take some time just for him to get back in game shape.

You must be new to the shanahan offensive scheme

OL zone blocking is like a synchronized ballet

It takes timing and reps to get the teamwork and coordination

You usually cant plug people in...especially OL

Numerous articles have been written on it...like this

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/16/why-its-hard-to-copycat-the-shanahan-style-offense-daily-cover
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/16/why-its-hard-to-copycat-the-shanahan-style-offense-daily-cover

Ohh man I didn't realize I was watching a ballet on the right side of the line the last few weeks. Now it makes more sense.
HE LEARNING!! Kivo learnin kids !!!
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LMAO.

Who's better... Mckivits or Tom Compton?

Bump. I'm curious who is better.

You must be new to this forum. I've heard the same thing about QBs in his offense. People say it takes a QB 2-3 years to master his playbook, then Brock comes in and tears it up his first year. Then Kyle goes with a backup and 3rd string QB with no experience in it. Stop it with this garbage when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

You must be new to this forum. I've heard the same thing about QBs in his offense. People say it takes a QB 2-3 years to master his playbook, then Brock comes in and tears it up his first year. Then Kyle goes with a backup and 3rd string QB with no experience in it. Stop it with this garbage when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Amen. That's was just a lame excuse folks were using.

LMAO.

LOL.

McKivitz > Compton > McGlinchey

• Giedi
  • Veteran

LMAO.

LOL.

Originally posted by Giedi:

LMAO.

LOL.

Just like Keith Fahnhorst back in the 80s, Kivo wont make a lot of noise but he'll be solid for the next 12 years..

Brock Purdy is special

KS didnt choose to make him the starter

Injuries forced Purdy into a sink or swim situation and we got lucky

Your argument is like saying why draft QBs in the 1st round Purdy was a 7th rounder
once you learn OZ blocking footwork its basically the same anywhere... what needs to be learned is the particular OL coache's rules for who blocks who, when tandem blocks are made, when pass offs are made, etc.

not hearing much about McKivitz so he must be doing OK

Brock Purdy is special

KS didnt choose to make him the starter

Injuries forced Purdy into a sink or swim situation and we got lucky

Your argument is like saying why draft QBs in the 1st round Purdy was a 7th rounder

Dude, your statement was that an O lineman couldn't have early success because in Kyle's system it's too difficult to learn. The same had been said about the QB position and I simply provided evidence to the contrary. Purdy has the most experience with the playbook in the QB room. For a team that lost EVERY QB to injury last year, why would he choose 2 other QBs if in fact his system was that difficult to learn? I have no idea what you even mean with your last sentence, but seems you just posted what you did looking for an argument, so look elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone