There are 203 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Ya man I've been pleasantly surprised in how well he has played.... guess Lynch knew what he was doing when he didnt draft a rookie or sign a FA tackle

Great point! Kudos also to Foerster for coaching him up and continuing to develop McKivitz! If he keeps improving, ShanaLynch may not need to draft a right tackle, but Left and interior depth next year. we shall see.

Still needs to draft a right, but they can wait until day 3 like the McKivitz pick and develop them. There isn't much behind Williams and McKivitz. Round 1- Trent replacement. Round 4/5- depth.

has everyone given up already on Moore?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Yes
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Ya man I've been pleasantly surprised in how well he has played.... guess Lynch knew what he was doing when he didnt draft a rookie or sign a FA tackle

Great point! Kudos also to Foerster for coaching him up and continuing to develop McKivitz! If he keeps improving, ShanaLynch may not need to draft a right tackle, but Left and interior depth next year. we shall see.

Still needs to draft a right, but they can wait until day 3 like the McKivitz pick and develop them. There isn't much behind Williams and McKivitz. Round 1- Trent replacement. Round 4/5- depth.

Yes lol. Hoping our rookie tackle beats him out for the swing job in 2024. I think Moore will be with us in 2024, but as a healthy scratch.

At any rate, round 1 tackle, round 3 center. I'm curious if Zakelj can challenge Burford in 2024.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
We need a tackle for sure. But if there's an A center and a B- tackle in the draft... give me the center.

Brendel has been good this year, but an elite center would make this team invincible.

Unfortunately I don't see an A center in the class. But in the 2nd it can be an option.
Here's Ilm Manning's measurables:
Height – 6′ 2 1/8″
Weight – 294 pounds
40-yard time – 4.97 seconds
10-yard split time – 1.76 seconds
Arm length – 32 5/8″
Hand size – 9 3/8″
Wingspan – 80″
Vertical jump – 30 1/2″
Broad jump – 9′ and 2″ (or 110″)
Shuttle time – 4.70 seconds
3-cone drill time – 7.93 seconds
Bench press – 25 reps
If Ilm can get that strength up to - say around - 30 to 35, he'd be a damn fine center. Brendel's numbers are very similar to Mannings, but he's about 7 years younger. If Manning can be the center for the 49ers for the next 10 years - that's a ton of draft capital that can be saved for other positions.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
We need a tackle for sure. But if there's an A center and a B- tackle in the draft... give me the center.

Brendel has been good this year, but an elite center would make this team invincible.

Unfortunately I don't see an A center in the class. But in the 2nd it can be an option.
Here's Ilm Manning's measurables:
Height – 6′ 2 1/8″
Weight – 294 pounds
40-yard time – 4.97 seconds
10-yard split time – 1.76 seconds
Arm length – 32 5/8″
Hand size – 9 3/8″
Wingspan – 80″
Vertical jump – 30 1/2″
Broad jump – 9′ and 2″ (or 110″)
Shuttle time – 4.70 seconds
3-cone drill time – 7.93 seconds
Bench press – 25 reps
If Ilm can get that strength up to - say around - 30 to 35, he'd be a damn fine center. Brendel's numbers are very similar to Mannings, but he's about 7 years younger. If Manning can be the center for the 49ers for the next 10 years - that's a ton of draft capital that can be saved for other positions.

Never stop stacking talent. 3-prong approach. You've got 2 right now: Brendel (FA) and Manning (UDFA). Now add the high end drafted pick and let them compete! Don't 'count' on one.
No question about it one of the worse RT's in football
[ Edited by onetrackt on Oct 15, 2023 at 1:15 PM ]
Right side needs a total revamp
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Yes

yes x 1M
Very rough game for him. Need better play at RT, especially when you're going against talented D lines.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Very rough game for him. Need better play at RT, especially when you're going against talented D lines.

He's DONE a fine JOB since facing Watts... Kyle just need to give him some TE help when facing an ALL PRO
💩
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's clearly learned a lot from Mike McGlinchey.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He's clearly learned a lot from Mike McGlinchey.

He's worse in every way but the biggest drop-off by far is as a run blocker. I still don't understand why there was this air of inevitability with him being treated as the starter in waiting and why there wasn't more of a competition.
He still struggles pretty bad. He's not a great pass blocker. But he has his ups and downs.
Share 49ersWebzone