There are 192 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Posted on Reddit. Would probably be a good idea for the 49ers to go looking for at least a couple tackles in the next draft.
to be fair, McGlinch played his best year last year which isn't much.

If Mck can stop helping Bu in the inside, those number would be better
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 17, 2023 at 8:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

At the very least you get to see the real player. Give him an opportunity to sink or swim on his own without having to constantly worry about the guy inside of him.

Posted on Reddit. Would probably be a good idea for the 49ers to go looking for at least a couple tackles in the next draft.

Do you believe ShanaLynch will actually use the high capitol on T?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

At the very least you get to see the real player. Give him an opportunity to sink or swim on his own without having to constantly worry about the guy inside of him.

It happens way too much in the gap when Bu gets turned in the wrong direction or up too late.
Originally posted by NCommand:

If the right player is available they can. Remember that did draft McGlinchey with a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

If the right player is available they can. Remember that did draft McGlinchey with a top 10 pick.

I ask because they only did that because they had a trade in place for Brown if MM was there. Meaning, they only did that because there would be a clear hole. This regime hasn't exactly been big on stacking talent but more about drafting players specifically when a hole opens up....Banks for Tomlinson. McGlinchey for Brown. Burford for Brunskill. They punted on Richburg/Mack in the draft.

They bring in a bunch of JAG's because they know they won't threaten starters.

My point is, will they really draft a T to be proactive or wait until Trent Williams (like Staley) tells them he's hanging it up?

History tells me they won't cross that bridge until it actually happens.

"So we're in this situation, we knew (Alex) Mack had a chance to leave, but you don't want to take that risk. Just stockpiling other players when you can do that at other positions." ~ Kyle Shanahan

EXCELLENT post!

McGlinchey had a relatively good year last year DESPITE having the same issue McKivitz is having this year - playing beside a guard who is near the very bottom of the league.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Banks comes back. In his first game last week against the Jags, Jon Feliciano did an outstanding job in both RBLK and PP. Will that be enough to send Burford to the bench?
Originally posted by dj43:

McGlinchey had a relatively good year last year DESPITE having the same issue McKivitz is having this year - playing beside a guard who is near the very bottom of the league.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Banks comes back. In his first game last week against the Jags, Jon Feliciano did an outstanding job in both RBLK and PP. Will that be enough to send Burford to the bench?
I'm hoping the team is trying to get the most they can out of Bu and Mck to get past the first 3/4th of the season, then make the moves to Moore Felatio towards our goal.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 18, 2023 at 9:55 PM ]

I do, because having McKivitz is screwing up the run game too and Kyle isn't going to stand for that nonsense. Also it's a very good draft for tackle.

I do, because having McKivitz is screwing up the run game too and Kyle isn't going to stand for that nonsense. Also it's a very good draft for tackle.

This

And I think JL/KS will take at least 3 OLine guys.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

And I think JL/KS will take at least 3 OLine guys.

I 🙏 both of you are right AND they pick the right guys! Pray for Brock.

Seeing the drop-off in the run game on the right side with the departure of McGlinchey and the relative lack of improvement from Burford, Kyle will have no choice but to move to improve that side of the OL.

Seeing the drop-off in the run game on the right side with the departure of McGlinchey and the relative lack of improvement from Burford, Kyle will have no choice but to move to improve that side of the OL.

Indeed. Double dip at tackle. Can also add one of the better centers and maybe we go with a vet at guard since the IOL class isn't that great. I'd imagine a rookie 1st round pick could beat out McKivitz at RT, the second tackle in the third could challenge, but we'd look good at starter and have better looking depth. Then we could just maybe go with the bes tof the rest at RG since it isn't likely a rookie will start there.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Indeed. Double dip at tackle. Can also add one of the better centers and maybe we go with a vet at guard since the IOL class isn't that great. I'd imagine a rookie 1st round pick could beat out McKivitz at RT, the second tackle in the third could challenge, but we'd look good at starter and have better looking depth. Then we could just maybe go with the bes tof the rest at RG since it isn't likely a rookie will start there.

Share 49ersWebzone