Shop Find 49ers gear online
IMO, good back-up.

That's it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Fanatic49:
if he's back next year

Honestly, i think he would be fine. If they go get a top RG. Having a dominant guy next to you can cover a whole lot.

The RG turnstile didn't help. McKivitz is a solid backup. And he's making backup money. Hopefully we can find an upgrade in FA or the draft.
Why is Colton getting so much flack what did he do this year that was so bad? He was pretty reliable and I didn't see much holding or false starts on his end.
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Why is Colton getting so much flack what did he do this year that was so bad? He was pretty reliable and I didn't see much holding or false starts on his end.

Because he sucks

He was a big downgrade in the run game from McG without adding any better pass blocking. I will say he performed much better next to Feliciano than Burford.
Originally posted by mcwoot:

He was a big downgrade in the run game from McG without adding any better pass blocking. I will say he performed much better next to Feliciano than Burford.

Mckivitz performed way better than McGlinchey especially in pass protection. Dude above saying he sucks but I really haven't noticed anything bad with Colton and I watch every game more than once. It would be nice to get the views that JTO gets from QB school but point being is Colton is a solid starter. No sacks, holding or false starts I'm content
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Because he sucks

I guess...he gave up no sacks when it mattered. Flags for holding and false starts to ruin drives, n/a. The RG was the point of weakness on the oline

Because he isn't good. Run game suffered, etc. I'd take him as a backup.
Originally posted by GEEK:
The RG turnstile didn't help. McKivitz is a solid backup. And he's making backup money. Hopefully we can find an upgrade in FA or the draft.
Yes, my point kind of goes...
If he is the weak link in the line, the line is going to be REALLY good. And it is easy to give him help.
The problem, he was not the weak link. And the help was too spread out to actually be able to help.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, good back-up.

That's it.

This. He has value as the first OT off the bench.

Mckivitz performed way better than McGlinchey especially in pass protection. Dude above saying he sucks but I really haven't noticed anything bad with Colton and I watch every game more than once. It would be nice to get the views that JTO gets from QB school but point being is Colton is a solid starter. No sacks, holding or false starts I'm content

He was a noticeable downgrade in the running game. With McGlinchey you could run wither way off tackle with equal success. This is how guys like Mostert dominated playoff games. How many big runs did CMC have off the right side?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, good back-up.

That's it.

Originally posted by lamontb:

Yep, and that's how he's paid. Definitely a spot for him on our team, but not as starter
Originally posted by walker807:

He was a noticeable downgrade in the running game. With McGlinchey you could run wither way off tackle with equal success. This is how guys like Mostert dominated playoff games. How many big runs did CMC have off the right side?

More than you give him credit for..off the top the packers big run that should have been delay of game. There was multiple red zone TD's to the right vs lions. again he's not a phenom but he was pretty damn reliable. Now Burford on the other hand got benched for a reason
[ Edited by 49erFaithfullest on Feb 23, 2024 at 11:51 AM ]

McGlinchey performed better in PBLK and RBLK according to PFF…if you factor in cash, then Colton is a much better value.

they need to upgraded the right side of the OL. Hopefully they get an IOL that has the ability to be the future center.

Colton is a below avg starter on a Super Bowl roster. We should want better there. He's a good backup and will have plenty of years in the NFL as that.
Share 49ersWebzone