Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 251 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shanny does not use the RT for anything but run blocking, on pass pro it is stand there and don't get in the way of Kittle blocking
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not a big deal. The big upgrade at tackle was always going to come through the draft. Dude is just insurance.

now, if they don't grab a tackle in the draft, then begin to worry.

I don't think we should reach for a tackle at 31. We should trade up for one of the top guys or trade down.

Id rather draft no tackles then pass up value with our first pick.
Originally posted by dj43:
Based on reported guaranteed money, he will now be the 25th highest-paid RT in the league. That is a pretty close fit to his performance level.

That about sums it up.
He's not worth keeping, come on
Don't be surprised If he's starting at right tackle again next season. It normally takes Kyle and Lynch a few years before they realise a player actually sucks.
Originally posted by jreff22:

It's wild to me that most want to bring Ferrell back but I'd argue Mckivitz was better this year and at a bigger position of need.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Don't be surprised If he's starting at right tackle again next season. It normally takes Kyle and Lynch a few years before they realise a player actually sucks.

Facts

Remember, just gettting to the super bowl is a win to the Yorks.

I prefer the Debaartolo's to the York but that's just me. LOL
[ Edited by glorydayz on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:06 AM ]

if this is true…

idk man. That might be the dam breaking for me.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

It's wild to me that most want to bring Ferrell back but I'd argue Mckivitz was better this year and at a bigger position of need.

You f'ing kidding man? McKivitz wasn't awful but uh, that's just not good enough.
I see people saying the extension fills a need and allows them more flexibility in the draft. Huh?

He was already under contract. Giving him more GTD cash wasn't needed imo. I'm okay with him as a backup swing tackle. That's what he is. Acting like he needed more cash and we can't replace his play in a yr is kinda a head scratcher.

FWIW we all said he was making backup cash and yet he he wasn't a backup.

whatever I guess. I can't imagine we're going into 2024 with Colton starting.

Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

You f'ing kidding man? McKivitz wasn't awful but uh, that's just not good enough.

The entire right side of our o-line was awful when it mattered.
oh boy, looks like d line round 1
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

I don't think either are true starting caliber players FWIW.
[ Edited by Waterbear on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Facts

Remember, just gettting to the super bowl is a win to the Yorks.

I prefer the Debaartolo's to the York but that's just me. LOL

I prefer the no salary cap era where you can spend as much as you want. Not sure if you realize, but that's not doable anymore.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
oh boy, looks like d line round 1

I don't see how this changes anything. It's not like he was a FA
Share 49ersWebzone