Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 230 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see people saying the extension fills a need and allows them more flexibility in the draft. Huh?

He was already under contract. Giving him more GTD cash wasn't needed imo. I'm okay with him as a backup swing tackle. That's what he is. Acting like he needed more cash and we can't replace his play in a yr is kinda a head scratcher.

FWIW we all said he was making backup cash and yet he he wasn't a backup.

whatever I guess. I can't imagine we're going into 2024 with Colton starting.

I think and hope you're right - he's fine as a swing tackle.

we HAVE to find a new starter at RT, PERIOD
  • thl408
I see people saying the extension fills a need and allows them more flexibility in the draft. Huh?

He was already under contract. Giving him more GTD cash wasn't needed imo. I'm okay with him as a backup swing tackle. That's what he is. Acting like he needed more cash and we can't replace his play in a yr is kinda a head scratcher.

Oh right, he wasn't a FA. Oops. I thought he was. I guess the team liked what he brought. Perhaps they are protecting themselves in the event he plays well in 2024 and can't be re-signed for 2025.
I don't hate the extension. Keep in mind they need a swing tackle as a back up. So basically he is making 4.5 million over next two years . Win win in my opinion
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
oh boy, looks like d line round 1

I don't see how this changes anything. It's not like he was a FA

I was being sarcastic, but tbh until we see who they actually draft, I will be worried lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Don't be surprised If he's starting at right tackle again next season. It normally takes Kyle and Lynch a few years before they realise a player actually sucks.

Facts

Remember, just gettting to the super bowl is a win to the Yorks.

I prefer the Debaartolo's to the York but that's just me. LOL

I prefer the no salary cap era where you can spend as much as you want. Not sure if you realize, but that's not doable anymore.

And the Yorks are currently spending like $296M in cash this yr…I think they're ninth in overall cash spent the past 3 years at like $1.17B. Anyone calling Jed cheap isn't paying attention.
Don't be surprised If he's starting at right tackle again next season. It normally takes Kyle and Lynch a few years before they realise a player actually sucks.

Facts

I prefer the no salary cap era where you can spend as much as you want. Not sure if you realize, but that's not doable anymore.

And the Yorks are currently spending like $296M in cash this yr…I think they're ninth in overall cash spent the past 3 years at like $1.17B. Anyone calling Jed cheap isn't paying attention.

Yorks Super Bowl record = 0 - 3 = 0.000 winning percentage.

They stack up NFC Championship losses so much I can't even keep track of the total.

Originally posted by thl408:

Oh right, he wasn't a FA. Oops. I thought he was. I guess the team liked what he brought. Perhaps they are protecting themselves in the event he plays well in 2024 and can't be re-signed for 2025.

Yeah that's why when I hear it allows more flexibility I scratch my head. He was here in 2024.

I guess that's the plan. I just feel like he's replaceable and they didn't have to give him more cash. Whatever though not that big of a deal
Omfg Maiocco is on knbr right now and he's parroting the talking point that they have their RT now. WTF
Originally posted by 9erred:
I don't hate the extension. Keep in mind they need a swing tackle as a back up. So basically he is making 4.5 million over next two years . Win win in my opinion

Yeah, I don't necessarily think this excludes is from taking a tackle. Colton could still be relegated to swing tackle, or short term starter if the rookie isn't ready right away. This signing is about giving the team options more than anything else.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Omfg Maiocco is on knbr right now and he's parroting the talking point that they have their RT now. WTF

We shall see but it wouldn't surprise me.

Originally posted by thl408:

To me, this is more of a sign we are targeting a tackle high in the draft.

And possibly that they expect Trent to retire after next season.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Facts

Yorks Super Bowl record = 0 - 3 = 0.000 winning percentage.

They stack up NFC Championship losses so much I can't even keep track of the total.

How many does old Jerry have? Or damn near anyone not named the Hunts (who reportly are cheap as s**t).

People complaining about SF come off as entitled brats… 90% of fan bases don't even get to the point where they can complain about what we do.

the point is they spend money and that's a fact. Comparing it do an era where there was no hard cap is stupid. This isn't baseball.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 8, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]

Does Maiocco not realize that Colton was still on the team? People acting like he was a FA lol wtf

If he was their RT it woulda been more than a 1 year deal. This is just incase a Tackle doesn't drop or they aren't able to trade up for 1
Share 49ersWebzone