There are 265 users in the forums

Niners draft Colton McKivitz | OT West Virginia

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Lol at people losing their minds. He's getting paid swing tackle money, and it helps the cap.

Sure, let's celebrate every single move ShanaLynch make cause so far it has yielded us ZERO Super Bowls.
[ Edited by Koldo on Mar 8, 2024 at 12:53 PM ]
I read the list of salaries at the top of the page. Looking at the 2024 cap I see where the top 5 guys are 53% of the cap. The top 10 are 83%. The other 43 guys get to split the remaining $43 million. I wonder how long this can go on in the NFL with 10 players taking up 80% of the cap space? It's almost like the bulk of the team gets the table scraps.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Mar 8, 2024 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I read the list of salaries at the top of the page. Looking at the 2024 cap I see where the top 5 guys are 53% of the cap. The top 10 are 83%. The other 43 guys get to split the remaining $43 million. I wonder how long this can go on in the NFL with 10 players taking up 80% of the cap space? It's almost like the bulk of the team gets the table scraps.

It is ALWAYS this way. The Niners just have a luxury of the lowest salary cap space dedicated to the qb room in the moment, that will change in 2025.

QB-
WR
LT
CB
DE
Above 5 are the foundation of any team, and those all are premium positions for salary cap.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Lol at people losing their minds. He's getting paid swing tackle money, and it helps the cap.

Sure, let's celebrate every single move ShanaLynch make cause so far it has yielded us ZERO Super Bowls.

Originally posted by Koldo:

I get that, but I don't think think every move needs to be lampooned either, especially one like this that doesn't significantly move the needle one way or another.
I like the McK deal
1 year... no big deal
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
1 year... no big deal

yup, ideally he's be a first man up (off the bench) at LT or RT, or he improves and is RT
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 8, 2024 at 1:28 PM ]
Lol. These clowns will never win a ring.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lol. These clowns will never win a ring.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
1 year... no big deal

Cheap. I guess as long as this is not the only oline move.
[ Edited by Bringbackedjr on Mar 8, 2024 at 1:51 PM ]
Wrong thread.
obviously going to red shirt the tackle they draft
He's good to have as a swing and there's room for improvement. Hopefully we get some real competition in the draft. I always like the kid
Share 49ersWebzone