There are 96 users in the forums

Dallas Cowboys QB Trey Lance Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by genus49:
btw does anyone know where people are pulling the All-22 film from?

NFL redisgned Game Pass and I don't see it on there...so annoying when they decide to re-do certain things and basically remove access from fans to things they've enjoyed for years. They completely fu*cked up their draft/combine information last year and now doing the same to Game Pass.

The completely f**ked the all22. Supposedly it will be back by the regular season. There was never preseason all22 for the general public anyway.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/04/nfl-says-all-22-to-return-to-game-pass-by-start-of-regular-season/
The all-22 film feature has disappeared from the NFL's excellent Game Pass feature. The NFL says it will eventually return.
According to the league, the goal is to return the all-22 film to Game Pass service by the start of the regular season.

This account seems to have a lot of the all-22. https://twitter.com/syedschemes
  • thl408
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
This account seems to have a lot of the all-22. https://twitter.com/syedschemes

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Bump
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Trey won't get any significant playing time for at least another season, barring injury. It's clear from Kyle's comments, camp reports and from what we say the other day.

He'll most likely get a few reps each game, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at It.

I doubt he gets a few reps every game. I'm sure he'll come in on special packages but I don't see them rolling him out every week

I hear you but they might do a weekly special package for him. Especially if it has success early on.

I'd love to see him out there often. I just can't remember very many QBs that sit the first year getting special packages on a weekly basis. I don't remember Mahomes coming in very often his rookie year. Rodgers didn't either. Kap barely saw the field as well. What other high profile rookie QBs who sat at least the first year got rolled out consistently?

You are correct. I just think Shanny will go outside of the box on this one. Trey is a better run/pass option than all the guys you mentioned. He'll be even harder to defend than Taysum Hill b/c he's a much better passer. I think that's it's going to lead to success and a package for every game. I won't be mad if Shanny goes the more traditional; route though and we only see him in certain games.
Originally posted by thl408:
btw does anyone know where people are pulling the All-22 film from?

NFL redisgned Game Pass and I don't see it on there...so annoying when they decide to re-do certain things and basically remove access from fans to things they've enjoyed for years. They completely fu*cked up their draft/combine information last year and now doing the same to Game Pass.

The completely f**ked the all22. Supposedly it will be back by the regular season. There was never preseason all22 for the general public anyway.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/04/nfl-says-all-22-to-return-to-game-pass-by-start-of-regular-season/
The all-22 film feature has disappeared from the NFL's excellent Game Pass feature. The NFL says it will eventually return.
According to the league, the goal is to return the all-22 film to Game Pass service by the start of the regular season.

Here's hoping. I just generally hate the new Game Pass format. Couldn't recall if they had it for preseason before.
Exactly... I hate the whole 2 quarterback system.. it never works. You either have a guy you trust, or you don't. I like the idea of Lance in goalline situations, I have no issue with that.

meh. the way I see it is having a guy you can trust and a guy you need to develop at the same time. It just needs to be done in a way that doesn't disrupt JG's rhythm.

I think doing goal line would be telling JG you don't trust him to score down there and would disrupt his rhythm.

I think it will be more of a random play here and there honestly. But I think the best way would be to have Lance play the first series of the second half in any games we are leading at halftime. They can script the series to give him the best chance of success. Then JG comes back in the rest of the game. Unless its a comfortable lead in the 4th.
  • thl408
Here's hoping. I just generally hate the new Game Pass format. Couldn't recall if they had it for preseason before.

I hate it too. No more slow mo, the damn buttons (rewind/forward/pause) stay on screen too long after you stop hovering the mouse over the video screen. It's a trash format. Trust me, there was never preseason all22 for the public.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Exactly... I hate the whole 2 quarterback system.. it never works. You either have a guy you trust, or you don't. I like the idea of Lance in goalline situations, I have no issue with that.

meh. the way I see it is having a guy you can trust and a guy you need to develop at the same time. It just needs to be done in a way that doesn't disrupt JG's rhythm.

I think doing goal line would be telling JG you don't trust him to score down there and would disrupt his rhythm.

I think it will be more of a random play here and there honestly. But I think the best way would be to have Lance play the first series of the second half in any games we are leading at halftime. They can script the series to give him the best chance of success. Then JG comes back in the rest of the game. Unless its a comfortable lead in the 4th.

interesting.

have you ever seen that? i cant think of any examples.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

interesting.

any team who rotates quarterbacks has turned out to be a s**t show,... it is a TERRIBLE idea.. you can f**k up a drive. a series. a locker room a team in so many ways with that "theory"
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
any team who rotates quarterbacks has turned out to be a s**t show,... it is a TERRIBLE idea.. you can f**k up a drive. a series. a locker room a team in so many ways with that "theory"

cc forgot to say.... who the hell is your leader with rotating quarterbacks... the worst idea ever created.. the cardinals tried this in the 70s and then they said f**k it.. jim hart its your job and they thrived.

Trey won't get any significant playing time for at least another season, barring injury. It's clear from Kyle's comments, camp reports and from what we say the other day.

He'll most likely get a few reps each game, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at It.

I doubt he gets a few reps every game. I'm sure he'll come in on special packages but I don't see them rolling him out every week

I hear you but they might do a weekly special package for him. Especially if it has success early on.

I'd love to see him out there often. I just can't remember very many QBs that sit the first year getting special packages on a weekly basis. I don't remember Mahomes coming in very often his rookie year. Rodgers didn't either. Kap barely saw the field as well. What other high profile rookie QBs who sat at least the first year got rolled out consistently?

Originally posted by Crown:

interesting.

There's always a first time for everything. The more they can confuse a defense or cause them a delayed reaction the easier it is on offense.

cc forgot to say.... who the hell is your leader with rotating quarterbacks... the worst idea ever created.. the cardinals tried this in the 70s and then they said f**k it.. jim hart its your job and they thrived.

It worked out for the '06 National Champion Florida Gators.

You are correct. I just think Shanny will go outside of the box on this one. Trey is a better run/pass option than all the guys you mentioned. He'll be even harder to defend than Taysum Hill b/c he's a much better passer. I think that's it's going to lead to success and a package for every game. I won't be mad if Shanny goes the more traditional; route though and we only see him in certain games.

I agree. Trey is probably more ready now than the QBs I mentioned in their first years. I can definitely see how Trey could be a great option on goal line packages. I can already picture him using his legs to the perimeter and sneaking the ball over the pylon. Or even the jump over the top of the OL like vintage Cam. It's hard to be patient as a fan. They gave up a lot to get him and I'm sure many of us want to see the new toy as much as possible. I can't wait for this Sunday already! I've never been so excited for pre-season games.
If Trent is out then Jimmy's concrete feet pocket passing vanilla hazelnut ice cream O won't work. Can't have 3 passes Totalling 5 yards. Oh wait, we have a perfect qb for the job!!! Lance can make plays running for his life! Welcome to the 49ers oline Trey!!
Can't wait for more analysis on his 1st pre-season game lol
Share 49ersWebzone