There are 307 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So far so good. When everyone was ripping on him I always pointed to his pass protection being a plus. Can't anchor well but he is also so damn hard to get around. Looks like we finally found 2 solid guards.

Based on film for Norte Dame I never had real issues with pass-pro. My issue was his ability to react if he over set or got beat initially and getting to the second level in RBLKing. I never saw the ability to react and recover because he has slow feet. Overall he looks better there, which is great news. Rebuilding his body last season helped a lot apparently. Arrow up and happy about it

He seemed a bit slow but he's hard to get around so that kind of balanced out his deficiencies imo in pass pro. Run blocking seemed solid but his weight loss/muscle gain helped. Not to mention ANYONE who plays next to Trent Williams will look better than they really are (see Tomlinson).

I think we all wanted Samuel Jr at cb with the 2nd round pick but after trading back it seemed like a solid pick.

If we just have top 10-15 guard play Jimmy may actually do something in the playoffs

When we think about Aaron Donald's 4th quarter in the NFCCG or Chris Jones's entire game in the Super Bowl, you are correct. If the guards can hold up we might actually go all the way.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
So far so good. When everyone was ripping on him I always pointed to his pass protection being a plus. Can't anchor well but he is also so damn hard to get around. Looks like we finally found 2 solid guards.

Based on film for Norte Dame I never had real issues with pass-pro. My issue was his ability to react if he over set or got beat initially and getting to the second level in RBLKing. I never saw the ability to react and recover because he has slow feet. Overall he looks better there, which is great news. Rebuilding his body last season helped a lot apparently. Arrow up and happy about it

He seemed a bit slow but he's hard to get around so that kind of balanced out his deficiencies imo in pass pro. Run blocking seemed solid but his weight loss/muscle gain helped. Not to mention ANYONE who plays next to Trent Williams will look better than they really are (see Tomlinson).

I think we all wanted Samuel Jr at cb with the 2nd round pick but after trading back it seemed like a solid pick.

If we just have top 10-15 guard play Jimmy may actually do something in the playoffs

When we think about Aaron Donald's 4th quarter in the NFCCG or Chris Jones's entire game in the Super Bowl, you are correct. If the guards can hold up we might actually go all the way.

We also need the NFL to help us out. Hopefully we are the chosen ones.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

So true. Now with an immobile Jimmy G guard play is much more important

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Samuel would have been a great pick, but Banks has looked good, plus we got Ward now, so it all worked out, so far, let's hope it stays that way.

glad it worked out that way bc I like Ward better than Samuel jr.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Other than the one blown assignment by Burford, both he & Banks have looked good, Donald was a non factor once again against us.
Banks has looked extremely impressive. I'm kind of blown away.

These are happy

If that was Laken Tomlinson, Jimmy gets his ankle snapped there and never completes that TD.
  • thl408
Not gonna lie, I was afraid Banks would be Josh Garnett level bust. Being a 2nd round guard, I would hope he isn't a player that is just 'solid', but a player considered as one of the better guards in the league. I don't think he's been whooped in pass pro on any play this season. Very nice showing by Banks early in his career.

We definitely have the best story out of all the other teams so far. Jimmy G was a media favorite all off season. Plus the QB controversy it could potentially create in the off season for all the talking heads and all of their clickbait bs.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Other than the one blown assignment by Burford, both he & Banks have looked good, Donald was a non factor once again against us.

I wouldn't say he was a non factor but he certainly wasn't a game changer.

• thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:

We definitely have the best story out of all the other teams so far. Jimmy G was a media favorite all off season. Plus the QB controversy it could potentially create in the off season for all the talking heads and all of their clickbait bs.

In December, Brady will announce that this is his final season. Bucs OL allowed to hold to their heart's content. Bucs win again.
Originally posted by thl408:

In December, Brady will announce that this is his final season. Bucs OL allowed to hold to their heart's content. Bucs win again.

Why you got to go and f**k up my wet dream?
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Oct 5, 2022 at 10:01 AM ]

And subsequently Brady announces that he has changed his mind.

This is what scares me. We can out talent/coach any team, but unless Goodell says its our turn its all moot.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

This is what scares me. We can out talent/coach any team, but unless Goodell says its our turn its all moot.

It's not the 49ers turn….ever.

we're just here to be a bridesmaid for the rest of the league. in regards to Brady, he has more rings than Jordan, does he really need another gifted by the league? Who am I kidding?, this is the same league, that pulled out the red carpet for a murderer during his swan song
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Oct 5, 2022 at 6:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone