Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 422 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Doing so well teams are putting their elite DT's over sorry ass MM

I mean, every DT is elite, for at least that game, when they line up over MM.
Whenever there is a decent gain Banks is on the scene helping someone up. He is usually the first guy downfield.
no sacks given up still and it's 8 games in
Aaron Banks is playing at a very high level. Perfect example of not giving up on players to early AND giving them actual playing time

To develop. It's looking like he was worth a 2nd rd pick and it would have really hurt us if this kid was a dud. Still early to but after 8 games, Aaron Banks is looking like a good to very good NFL starting offensive guard 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Last 5 games he's playing and heading out like an all-pro Left Guard 🙏🏻
I was told he was a bust doe
Brought this up last year and this off season that he hasn't given up anything since last year
Banks has been incredible considering everything. Maybe there was a lot of truth to shanny saying he was ready past year but they didn't want to screw w the continuity.

We are getting similar performance to Tomlinson on a dirt cheap contract. This is what it takes. I also love that banks is always so front and center on every TD celebration, congratulating his teammates/etc. He had all kinds of s**t talked about him by the fan base and quietly went about his business until he got a chance
Happy to eat crow here, he's been balling. Looks like a long term fixture at LG.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Banks has been incredible considering everything. Maybe there was a lot of truth to shanny saying he was ready past year but they didn't want to screw w the continuity.

We are getting similar performance to Tomlinson on a dirt cheap contract. This is what it takes. I also love that banks is always so front and center on every TD celebration, congratulating his teammates/etc. He had all kinds of s**t talked about him by the fan base and quietly went about his business until he got a chance

I don't think Banks was ready tbh. He was out of shape 100%. That being said, I don't think it takes much to be better than Brunskill.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I don't think Banks was ready tbh. He was out of shape 100%. That being said, I don't think it takes much to be better than Brunskill.

People should understand that sometimes Kyle just wants to "redshirt" certain rookies that are drafted even if it's a high draft pick. That's pretty much what he was doing with Trey and there's a couple others I can't think of offhand. That's just his MO with certain rookies. Oh yeah, Jennings was another one. Sometimes it pans out great and sometimes not.

I would love to know where you are getting information about how banks was out of shape outside of preseason? You watching practices??
Originally posted by Scooper1:

I would love to know where you are getting information about how banks was out of shape outside of preseason? You watching practices??

Well besides the multiple reports that Banks had completely transformed his body this offseason. We did see him in the preseason and he looked okay. I think he's improved. I never said he wasn't worthy of starting last year. But the coaches said his conditioning was an issue last year. It could have been an excuse. As you said, I'm not at the practices.
Well besides the multiple reports that Banks had completely transformed his body this offseason. We did see him in the preseason and he looked okay. I think he's improved. I never said he wasn't worthy of starting last year. But the coaches said his conditioning was an issue last year. It could have been an excuse. As you said, I'm not at the practices.

You literally said you didn't think he was ready. Based off what? Some beat reporters watching warm ups before practice starts. Why listen to multiple reports when the coach said he was ready to play later in the season. Now he hasn't given up a sack over 8 games kind of confirming what head coach said.
Share 49ersWebzone