Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 419 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Scooper1:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Well besides the multiple reports that Banks had completely transformed his body this offseason. We did see him in the preseason and he looked okay. I think he's improved. I never said he wasn't worthy of starting last year. But the coaches said his conditioning was an issue last year. It could have been an excuse. As you said, I'm not at the practices.

You literally said you didn't think he was ready. Based off what? Some beat reporters watching warm ups before practice starts. Why listen to multiple reports when the coach said he was ready to play later in the season. Now he hasn't given up a sack over 8 games kind of confirming what head coach said.
more than 8 counting last year
Well besides the multiple reports that Banks had completely transformed his body this offseason. We did see him in the preseason and he looked okay. I think he's improved. I never said he wasn't worthy of starting last year. But the coaches said his conditioning was an issue last year. It could have been an excuse. As you said, I'm not at the practices.

You literally said you didn't think he was ready. Based off what? Some beat reporters watching warm ups before practice starts. Why listen to multiple reports when the coach said he was ready to play later in the season. Now he hasn't given up a sack over 8 games kind of confirming what head coach said.

Because I don't form all of my opinions based of what the coaches or GM says. I watched all of his reps in the preseason, I listened to practice reports, and watched his start vs the Jaguars.

If you want to disagree with me or believe every word the coaches say, go right ahead.
The Bear is collecting receipts with each game.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Happy to eat crow here, he's been balling. Looks like a long term fixture at LG.

Him and Williams are tough on the left side. Hoping Banks keeps getting better - Williams is a good influence.
Dude has been incredible this year.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Banks has been incredible considering everything. Maybe there was a lot of truth to shanny saying he was ready past year but they didn't want to screw w the continuity.

We are getting similar performance to Tomlinson on a dirt cheap contract. This is what it takes. I also love that banks is always so front and center on every TD celebration, congratulating his teammates/etc. He had all kinds of s**t talked about him by the fan base and quietly went about his business until he got a chance

I don't think Banks was ready tbh. He was out of shape 100%. That being said, I don't think it takes much to be better than Brunskill.

I would love to know where you are getting information about how banks was out of shape outside of preseason? You watching practices??

A lot of guys need that first full NFL offseason between their rookie and 2nd year to get into NFL shape. That first offseason between the draft and preseason many of them are getting (relatively) limited training/workout time because they are students wrapping up their classes, then they are doing all the rookie orientations, etc. Can be a huge difference for these young guys to go from amateur athlete that has other responsibilities to a professional athlete where their primary job is to be in shape for the season ahead.
Now put him next to McGlinchey lol
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 1, 2022 at 11:33 AM ]

Because I don't form all of my opinions based of what the coaches or GM says. I watched all of his reps in the preseason, I listened to practice reports, and watched his start vs the Jaguars.

If you want to disagree with me or believe every word the coaches say, go right ahead.

That came off more argumentative than I intended. I am fine if that's your opinion. I am j ust really trying to wrap my head around how anyone has insight on how a player is performing in practice after training camp if they aren't in games. The beat reports can say whatever they want but after training camp/preseason they hardly get to watch any practice outside of warmups and a few drills themselves.

Honestly, it's hardly worth having a discussion about the dudes ballin right now and that's all that matters.
One thing that stands out to me about Banks is that when he lands his punch, interior DL stop in their tracks. He's the anti-McGlinchey in that regard.

Aaron Donald's tried his signature cross-chop on Banks, but Banks played it well. Great timing and hand placement with his punch but even more impressive movement to stay square and not lunge.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 31, 2022 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Now put him next McGlinchey lol

That's like being left alone.

Originally posted by Heroism:
One thing that stands out to me about Banks is that when he lands his punch, interior DL stop in their tracks. He's the anti-McGlinchey in that regard.

Aaron Donald's tried his signature cross-chop on Banks, but Banks played it well. Great timing and hand placement with his punch but even more impressive movement to stay square and not lunge.

thats great and all, but I want to see how he does against the worst DT in football not the best.
Banks learning.... he's gaining that Fighting Irish feistiness... something Glynch will never have..

TRADE GLYNCH !!
Originally posted by Heroism:

I just got a major chubby watching that. I've been saying this guy has been great in pass protection since college so it will be a good pick. I'm glad it's working out beautifully
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
thats great and all, but I want to see how he does against the worst DT in football not the best.

But seriously, this dude just ran the gauntlet going against the top 3 IDL in back-to-back-to-back games and played well. I'm very impressed with Banks.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 31, 2022 at 7:50 PM ]
I was so wrong. And I love it.

MM I was right about. Fck that guy
Share 49ersWebzone