There are 267 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We can work with this. At least the left side is functioning. Center and rg and rt all need to suck less plz
  • thl408
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dude has been incredible this year.

I feel like I saw his guy sack Jimmy in the LAR game. I'm not questioning how good he's been, just that the source of this tweet could be wrong.
Originally posted by thl408:

I feel like I saw his guy sack Jimmy in the LAR game. I'm not questioning how good he's been, just that the source of this tweet could be wrong.

The only two sacks came from the right side. One of which when Burford was just standing there and didn't anticipate the snap and the other one was of course Mike McGlinchey.
Originally posted by Heroism:

But seriously, this dude just ran the gauntlet going against the top 3 IDL in back-to-back-to-back games and played well. I'm very impressed with Banks.

This. 3 of the top 4 IDL (Buckner is the other one) and had a clean game. That is astounding
9 hurries, 0 hits and 0 sacks in 284 pass blocking snaps. That is a pressure rate of 3.16%. That is elite, my friends.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
9 hurries, 0 hits and 0 sacks in 284 pass blocking snaps. That is a pressure rate of 3.16%. That is elite, my friends.

Yup
What are the numbers for Burford?
Dancing bear woke up from hibernation.
  • thl408
Originally posted by elguapo:

The only two sacks came from the right side. One of which when Burford was just standing there and didn't anticipate the snap and the other one was of course Mike McGlinchey.

Check the play at 5:44 of this video (49ers/Rams highlights). This isn't on Banks? I guess it's because Burford let his guy through.
If Jimmy isn't forced to escape because of instant pressure, Donald doesn't make that play. What is Banks supposed to do? Grab and hold Donald's arm so he cannot reach his out and grab Jimmy who is latteral with him?

• thl408
If Jimmy isn't forced to escape because of instant pressure, Donald doesn't make that play. What is Banks supposed to do? Grab and hold Donald's arm so he cannot reach his out and grab Jimmy who is latteral with him?

I don't know. Just wondering how they assign sacks. I guess it's whichever linemen gave up the initial pressure is the one given the 'sack allowed'.

I don't know. Just wondering how they assign sacks. I guess it's whichever linemen gave up the initial pressure is the one given the 'sack allowed'.

Idk the answer to that either but I haven't seen Bank's credited with giving up a sack this season. So your explanation may not be far off.

Its hard to tell without knowing the blocking assignments. Especially with the guards and center where chaos happens.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Its hard to tell without knowing the blocking assignments. Especially with the guards and center where chaos happens.

My guess is it's Burford that made Jimmy climb the pocket and run into Donald. So although Banks' guy got the sack, it's not because Banks did a poor job of pass blocking.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

My guess is it's Burford that made Jimmy climb the pocket and run into Donald. So although Banks' guy got the sack, it's not because Banks did a poor job of pass blocking.

Pff credited MM with both sacks.
Share 49ersWebzone