There are 250 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I need to eat crow here. He's been great, literally one of our best players. I called him "looking like a bust".

you good... you good.. do you also need to eat another crow because you called Kyle a GREAT coach??

I've never said that. He's a top-10 coach, probably 4-7 range in the NFL.

Positives: coaching tree, running game, ability to find talent at end of draft / UDFA, consistency and overall state of the franchise is strong.

Negatives: gets in his own way, poor clutch-time decision-making, inability to get a FQB on the field, overall demeanor, inability to take responsibility.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 18, 2022 at 8:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers_Life:
Brendel actually seems like he is good. I think he has played better than Mack did last year. Brendel does have some hiccups but I can't complain about his play.

Brendel has been solid, its really RT that they could stand to find another diamond in the rough that could at least hold up against either speed rushers or power guys, McGlinchey isn't capable of either right now.

Yup. Esp. in PP.
Brendel has been solid, its really RT that they could stand to find another diamond in the rough that could at least hold up against either speed rushers or power guys, McGlinchey isn't capable of either right now.

Burford at RT. Every game I watch i'm more confident he'd be doing better against speed than power.

They really need to rotate him with MM. Brunskill is playing solid enough at RG at the moment.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Burford at RT. Every game I watch i'm more confident he'd be doing better against speed than power.

They really need to rotate him with MM. Brunskill is playing solid enough at RG at the moment.

This would be the ideal lineup
I don't see the lateral movement from Burford to be RT. But it's something they can try in the off season. No way should they just start rotating him in now at RT when he hasn't worked as a tackle all off season.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't see the lateral movement from Burford to be RT. But it's something they can try in the off season. No way should they just start rotating him in now at RT when he hasn't worked as a tackle all off season.

Hard to show much lateral movement at guard. What I have seen is a major struggle with power similar to Brunskill last year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021428-spencer-burford-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-utsa-ot

Think this scouting report is pretty accurate from what I've seen.
Burford at RT next year and Poe or Brunskill at RG would be good.

Or Brunskill at RT and keep Burford at RG while we get a C in FA
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Burford at RT next year and Poe or Brunskill at RG would be good.

Or Brunskill at RT and keep Burford at RG while we get a C in FA

we need to address the center position once and for all. Well the whole online. If we go above average oaky at C and RT we would probably have 2 SB now .
Originally posted by 9moon:
you good... you good.. do you also need to eat another crow because you called Kyle a GREAT coach??

Sounds like someone is looking for attention again? I got you fam.

There you are Phoe !! how come you don't reply to my PM??

I had a feeling it was you again who put me on a TO.. I wasn't even trying to start something w/BUFF..

What was the issue?
He has been shockingly good this year. I was starting to think he was the next Joshua Garnett.

Originally posted by Niners99:
He has been shockingly good this year. I was starting to think he was the next Joshua Garnett.

How so? He wasn't able to show what he had until he played. Garnett played his rookie year and sucked.
Proud of Banks! This is why I hold judgements until a couple of years into their career.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Niners99:

How so? He wasn't able to show what he had until he played. Garnett played his rookie year and sucked.

I don't get judging players who haven't played. Especially when the coach explains the reason they haven't played. Kyle said Banks was ready last year, but didn't want to disrupt the continuity of the O-line. Too fast to judge around here.
Pro Bowl Banks
Lesson learned for a lot of haters in this thread—some guys need a year or two to develop. Seems obvious, but everyone wants instant gratification these days.
Share 49ersWebzone