There are 257 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Is Banks OK? I saw he left the game yesterday with an apparent injury I think but thought I saw him back in there later in the game?

He played all 70 snaps. The announcers were wrong.
  • thl408
Originally posted by dj43:
Is Banks OK? I saw he left the game yesterday with an apparent injury I think but thought I saw him back in there later in the game?

Burford was injured and had to leave the field. Maybe that's the mix up?
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by dj43:

Burford was injured and had to leave the field. Maybe that's the mix up?

I think the announcers made a mistake on the broadcast saying Brunskill was coming in at center and Brendel was playing left guard. But they meant to say Brunskill at right guard.

That's probably why people were confused on who was injured. I know I was until they showed Burford.
TW and Banks are becoming a sweet combo. Once that LB backed off he sealed the DE's fate.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I liked what i saw last yr, which was ok for a rook. But this yr is what i expected based on his collegiate play. He got not much PT but did get some experience, and this yr, the kid is a fantastic pick. Where are the naysayers now?

He didn't even play last year though? What were you seeing lol...I wanted to see too !
He did a lot towards the end of the season, mainly STs

oh really, I didn't even notice that he played on STs lol.... but I was mainly referencing OLine play.
Still got to (pass)block the guy in front of you on STs or it's a blocked FG/punt

pretty obvious, but like I said already lol I'm referencing Offensive plays.
We'll that's how you miss these things

so did he play any offensive snaps then? I might've missed them.
Yes, vs Jax

howd he do
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I love what Banks has done. I thought his play would be a lot more up and down. I was worried that Laken being gone would leave a sizeable hole, but not so much. That is a credit to Banks. His play definitely has to be the biggest surprise of this season for sure.

Agree. Like others I had my doubts about him and he's been solid.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I love what Banks has done. I thought his play would be a lot more up and down. I was worried that Laken being gone would leave a sizeable hole, but not so much. That is a credit to Banks. His play definitely has to be the biggest surprise of this season for sure.
Me too. I was concerned when we drafted him watching him at ND. Didn't think he was a good fit and last year was pretty forgettable. He's stepped up for sure.
Keep collecting those receipts.
How long will an MCL strain keep him out? Round 2?
Rest up big fella & get healthy ASAP

Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Thinking he would miss at least three games, so IF SF advances and makes it to the NFCCG, but maybe if it's mild enough - divisional round IF they make it.
Originally posted by 49erBrodie70:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Thinking he would miss at least three games, so IF SF advances and makes it to the NFCCG, but maybe if it's mild enough - divisional round IF they make it.

I actually don't think a guard will miss as much time as a skilled position player. The seem more apt to play with these types of injuries.
He looked happy as can be in the locker room after the game. I'm hopeful that it's a minor injury.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
He looked happy as can be in the locker room after the game. I'm hopeful that it's a minor injury.
well it was a great win
Originally posted by BYisGod:
well it was a great win

the adrenaline hasn't worn off yet.
Share 49ersWebzone