49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 513 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I remember saying it's all good on the OL, and Banks / Brendel stepped up with good years. I look forward to the inevitable panic on 'who will possibly replace McG', a player this community dumped on for years
when was this.. i was the only advocating for Banks and Bren way before the season started.

Same. I was happy they spent a 2nd on Banks. Brendel was my underdog crush.

Both are very solid for very different reasons.
Oh yeah, Tier 1 now !?!
I remember saying it's all good on the OL, and Banks / Brendel stepped up with good years. I look forward to the inevitable panic on 'who will possibly replace McG', a player this community dumped on for years
when was this.. i was the only advocating for Banks and Bren way before the season started.

Oh yeah, Tier 1 now !?!

Slow down, my man! LOL
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Oh yeah, Tier 1 now !?!

Slow down, my man! LOL

If McKivitz can develop like Brendel - WOW!

That would be so great! That would be one less high round pick for the OLine. But don't get me wrong, now they can *trade up* and use the draft captial that would go to McKivitz backup, to get that all important elite left tackle to be Trent's understudy.
hate this thread title
This guy is a f'ing rock. No sacks No pressures and No hits allowed
Originally posted by elguapo:

He's already far better than Laken Tomlinson in that regard. That dude was not good at all in PP.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 14, 2023 at 6:19 PM ]

He's already far better than Laken Tomlinson in that regard. That dude was not good at all in PP.

I agree. Plus he's not a penalty machine like Laken was at times

I agree. Plus he's not a penalty machine like Laken was at times

Truth.
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

For 10m a year? Not sure I agree with you there.

I'd rather spend that money elsewhere and use draft picks for the interior OL.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

It'll probably come down to a decision between him and Huf. Won't be able to afford both.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Sep 15, 2023 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

It'll probably come down to a decision between him and Huf. Won't be able to afford both.

Huff all day.. not even close IMO.
Originally posted by Garce:
hate this thread title

it'll dance it's way into your heart, if you are not careful
Huff all day.. not even close IMO.

It isn't. But the cost won't be close either. Much like with choosing AA and Ward over just Buck. It might be Greenlaw/Banks vs Huf. That's a closer decision imo depending on how things progress.
  • thl408
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

The Banks pick was weird in that if he pans out and becomes a stud, did the team plan on paying top money for a guard by extending him?
Share 49ersWebzone