49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 742 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

For 10m a year? Not sure I agree with you there.

I'd rather spend that money elsewhere and use draft picks for the interior OL.

The Banks pick was weird in that if he pans out and becomes a stud, did the team plan on paying top money for a guard by extending him?

Banks is not a bad player, but he's not pro bowl caliber player either. He's good/above average.

And like you said, even if he was great... would we spend good money on a guard?

I think the answer has proven to be no... you spend that kind of money on tackles and centers.

Which reminds me, I'm still hoping for an all-pro caliber center at some point.
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

Good Guards, especially LGs get paid that kind of money, not sure we do it though.
Originally posted by thl408:
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

The Banks pick was weird in that if he pans out and becomes a stud, did the team plan on paying top money for a guard by extending him?

Banks is not a bad player, but he's not pro bowl caliber player either. He's good/above average.

And like you said, even if he was great... would we spend good money on a guard?

I think the answer has proven to be no... you spend that kind of money on tackles and centers.

Which reminds me, I'm still hoping for an all-pro caliber center at some point.

Yes!
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

Good Guards, especially LGs get paid that kind of money, not sure we do it though.

Agreed. ShanaLynch are unlikely to pay that.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Huff all day.. not even close IMO.

It isn't. But the cost won't be close either. Much like with choosing AA and Ward over just Buck. It might be Greenlaw/Banks vs Huf. That's a closer decision imo depending on how things progress.

Man, if that's the decision, that's a tough one.
Another great game. Damn he is approaching top 15 guard play
I actually wanna know the stats on him.

Not sure what it is about the O line that brings this sort of reaction. They only protect the qb and open up the game for the running backs. We have bodged up the O line for quite long enough. A strong O line is the foundation of a great O.
Originally posted by English:

Not sure what it is about the O line that brings this sort of reaction. They only protect the qb and open up the game for the running backs. We have bodged up the O line for quite long enough. A strong O line is the foundation of a great O.

And if that doesn't make the point, the fact that the Lynch/Shanahan regime has seen a lot of QB injuries should drive the point home. My hat is off to Foerster; what he's been able to accomplish with loose change and pocket lint (Trent Williams, aside) is on par with McKittrick's amazing low-draft capital O-lines. Nevertheless, what we're doing is akin to putting the cheapest possible tires on a Porsche and then hoping for the best on track day. Eventually, it'll bite you.

WWE style nickname for him:

Aaron "Mr. Money in The" Banks

From what I see he's playing playing pretty well.
deleted
[ Edited by ninerFate on Sep 18, 2023 at 7:35 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
WWE style nickname for him:

Aaron "Mr. Money in The" Banks

You can Bank on Banks?
I don't get why ppl think Banks won't get $10M a yr, ppl wanted us to re-sign Laken, he got I think $11M a year, good guards get paid, maybe not by us, but he'll get $10M+ on the open market.
I don't get why ppl think Banks won't get $10M a yr, ppl wanted us to re-sign Laken, he got I think $11M a year, good guards get paid, maybe not by us, but he'll get $10M+ on the open market.

I mean he is looking awesome. Hopefully we can keep him.
Share 49ersWebzone