49ers remain on losing side of Chiefs rivalry in 28-18 defeat →

There are 718 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
extend him in season and save some money, like we did with Greenlaw. Banks will be expensive after the season, they should use some of that cap space and bet on him
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

For 10m a year? Not sure I agree with you there.

I'd rather spend that money elsewhere and use draft picks for the interior OL.
I'd rather not have to constantly be developing OL.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Huff all day.. not even close IMO.

It isn't. But the cost won't be close either. Much like with choosing AA and Ward over just Buck. It might be Greenlaw/Banks vs Huf. That's a closer decision imo depending on how things progress.
An extension on Banks would go past Trent's deal so that when we is ultimately replaced we'd have an established vet next to the young left tackle. I think with some creative structuring, we can keep Banks, Hufanga, abd Aiyuk. I think Greenlaw is the odd man out, especially if Dee Winters pans out. We would have Greenlaw for 6 years on contracts below his market value. He's gonna hit free agency to get the 12 million + he deserves.
Originally posted by BP22:
extend him in season and save some money, like we did with Greenlaw. Banks will be expensive after the season, they should use some of that cap space and bet on him

He can't be extended until the end of the season. He is in year 3 now.

I can also remember when people poo poo'd on this draft pick. I was always confident because of his pedigree, pass protection skills at ND, and he seemed to be a departure from the OL we had before. I am glad he is emerging.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 18, 2023 at 7:54 AM ]
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

I can't see us paying big money to a guard.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He can't be extended until the end of the season. He is in year 3 now.

I can also remember when people poo poo'd on this draft pick. I was always confident because of his pedigree, pass protection skills at ND, and he seemed to be a departure from the OL we had before. I am glad he is emerging.
ah, i see, lazy comment on my part. I never watched him at ND, liked the pic; i guess I was thrown off by his lack of play his first year. Very impressed with Banks now. Interesting to hear how others, like Trent and CMC talk about him. Hopefully they resign him this off-season, I'm sure it's a tough squeeze cap-wise, but important future piece to keep Purdy healthy
it was just a matter of time before BANKS gets the recognition... he's only a GUARD and unless he came in w/a name already, he wont get that much recognition.. bottom line is by the END of this season, he will be a TOP 5 OG !!
Banks will be a $10M a year guy soon enough, hope we can keep him, currently we have 9 players making $10M+ a year, Browns lead the way with 11, Eagles 10, so I'm confident we'll get BA, Huf, Dre added to that to make it 12, and I think we can get to 13 with Banks, just need to see what the 49ers do, they're all about rewarding their own, Kittle in 2020, Warner in 2021, Deebo in 2022, Bosa in 2023, then BA, Huf, & hoping Banks in 2024.

It isn't. But the cost won't be close either. Much like with choosing AA and Ward over just Buck. It might be Greenlaw/Banks vs Huf. That's a closer decision imo depending on how things progress.
An extension on Banks would go past Trent's deal so that when we is ultimately replaced we'd have an established vet next to the young left tackle. I think with some creative structuring, we can keep Banks, Hufanga, abd Aiyuk. I think Greenlaw is the odd man out, especially if Dee Winters pans out. We would have Greenlaw for 6 years on contracts below his market value. He's gonna hit free agency to get the 12 million + he deserves.

We're not gonna lose Greenlaw, we can extend him next year, along with AA & Ward, and save $27.668M, they amount for like $28M in dead money in 2025, so they can get their salaries to be around there combined, plus add in Banks, Hufanga, & Aiyuk long term, saying it here first, we will keep our core guys, it's the reason why we created so much cap room, to carryover it, not to bring in a high priced player.

We're not gonna lose Greenlaw, we can extend him next year, along with AA & Ward, and save $27.668M, they amount for like $28M in dead money in 2025, so they can get their salaries to be around there combined, plus add in Banks, Hufanga, & Aiyuk long term, saying it here first, we will keep our core guys, it's the reason why we created so much cap room, to carryover it, not to bring in a high priced player.

Not that it matters, or that you have any idea, but out of curiosity would the Niners FO already be talking to their agents about a restructure and or extension? I imagine this stuff takes time. Agents certainly understand what the team is doing, so I would imagine they hash out some parameters and relay that to the player?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Not that it matters, or that you have any idea, but out of curiosity would the Niners FO already be talking to their agents about a restructure and or extension? I imagine this stuff takes time. Agents certainly understand what the team is doing, so I would imagine they hash out some parameters and relay that to the player?

For Banks? No, they can't he's not eligible for a new deal till 2024, same with Huf, maybe with Aiyuk. As for restructures, those are procedural moves, in the CBA it allows teams to redo deals whenever they want as long as it's in the contract, which 99% of players have it in. Extensions, they may be talking to some players about extending their deals now, not sure TBH, they coulod use a little cap room, lower their 2024 base salary, give them an option bonus(Dre, AA, Ward) to get a deal done, if they want to get it done now, but this regime seems to like to wait till there's 1yr left on the deal, not 1 + 1 yr like right now.

I missed the game yesterday. Sounds in this thread like he played great but PFF has him as one of the lowest graded players. So can someone please explain PFF's scoring system? Or can the Webzone just stop posting that if they're just pulling #s out of a hat?
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
I missed the game yesterday. Sounds in this thread like he played great but PFF has him as one of the lowest graded players. So can someone please explain PFF's scoring system? Or can the Webzone just stop posting that if they're just pulling #s out of a hat?

idk how PFF's rating system works, never did, never will, I refuse to pay for their service, just weird that week 1 Warner was low defensive wise, and now Banks week 2, makes no sense.

For Banks? No, they can't he's not eligible for a new deal till 2024, same with Huf, maybe with Aiyuk. As for restructures, those are procedural moves, in the CBA it allows teams to redo deals whenever they want as long as it's in the contract, which 99% of players have it in. Extensions, they may be talking to some players about extending their deals now, not sure TBH, they coulod use a little cap room, lower their 2024 base salary, give them an option bonus(Dre, AA, Ward) to get a deal done, if they want to get it done now, but this regime seems to like to wait till there's 1yr left on the deal, not 1 + 1 yr like right now.

Thanks for the insight!

Thanks for the insight!

Anytime
Share 49ersWebzone