There are 624 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

This is why I hate seeing some guys making $30-$50 million per year. I see the O line and D line as keys to any teams success. When you pay too much to one or two members of the team then you are going to have to let some guys move on. You can only do so much backloading. That results in one or two new guys in the line nearly all the time. About the time they start getting to be a cohesive unit someone leaves or gets traded.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

This is why I hate seeing some guys making $30-$50 million per year. I see the O line and D line as keys to any teams success. When you pay too much to one or two members of the team then you are going to have to let some guys move on. You can only do so much backloading. That results in one or two new guys in the line nearly all the time. About the time they start getting to be a cohesive unit someone leaves or gets traded.

That's the product of the cap going up and up and up, NFL Revenue is big, new TV deals(NBC, FOX, CBS, Prime, YouTubeTV for NFL ST, ABC/ESPN), so we're gonna see guys making ridiculous amounts of money, just how it is now, not like it was when the cap was like $100M or less. Cap will be $256M in 2024, $280M in 2025, $300M by 2026.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
sweet. take that to the bank?
Banks > Tomlinson

Hopefully the FO will be more encouraged to use higher capital on the OL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Banks > Tomlinson

Oh, no doubt, 100%, Tomlinson can't pass block for anything, Banks can, Banks is good at both pass & run blocking.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Banks > Tomlinson

Oh, no doubt, 100%, Tomlinson can't pass block for anything, Banks can, Banks is good at both pass & run blocking.

I remember when people here were complaining and b***hing about him. Sometimes you gotta give a player time to develop. Espcially If they are not a 1st round pick.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Banks > Tomlinson

I remember when people here were complaining and b***hing about him. Sometimes you gotta give a player time to develop. Espcially If they are not a 1st round pick.

Same.
Banks > Tomlinson

It's like not signing Tomlinson was the right decision or something.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Banks > Tomlinson

banks 1, NC 0

Originally posted by father49er:
sweet. take that to the bank?

"I'm gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent. To the blood bank!" Compliments of Steven Segal

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Banks > Tomlinson

I loved the Tomlinson pick up. Trading last second. Do whatever it takes to bring in talent.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Banks > Tomlinson

Same.

Esp. in this system. He needed that full year to learn.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva
Banks > Tomlinson

I loved the Tomlinson pick up. Trading last second. Do whatever it takes to bring in talent.

How is he doing in NY anyway? Also DJ Jones & K'Waun in DEN? I hated losing all 3, but glad Banks has proven everyone wrong, now have Hargrave, and Oliver, I think we may have upgraded at all 3 spots, K'Waun can't stay healthy apparently, one reason why Broncos fans are done with George Paton.
Share 49ersWebzone