There are 799 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva
Banks > Tomlinson

Hopefully the FO will be more encouraged to use higher capital on the OL.

It's like not signing Tomlinson was the right decision or something.

I loved the Tomlinson pick up. Trading last second. Do whatever it takes to bring in talent.

How is he doing in NY anyway? Also DJ Jones & K'Waun in DEN? I hated losing all 3, but glad Banks has proven everyone wrong, now have Hargrave, and Oliver, I think we may have upgraded at all 3 spots, K'Waun can't stay healthy apparently, one reason why Broncos fans are done with George Paton.

Not many have left here and set the world on fire. I think DJ Jones and DJ Reed are the best of the bunch. Most do worst.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Did he have any one on one against Aaron Donald on pass protection?
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Did he have any one on one against Aaron Donald on pass protection?
Donald didn't want any part of banks
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

This is why I hate seeing some guys making $30-$50 million per year. I see the O line and D line as keys to any teams success. When you pay too much to one or two members of the team then you are going to have to let some guys move on. You can only do so much backloading. That results in one or two new guys in the line nearly all the time. About the time they start getting to be a cohesive unit someone leaves or gets traded.

That's the product of the cap going up and up and up, NFL Revenue is big, new TV deals(NBC, FOX, CBS, Prime, YouTubeTV for NFL ST, ABC/ESPN), so we're gonna see guys making ridiculous amounts of money, just how it is now, not like it was when the cap was like $100M or less. Cap will be $256M in 2024, $280M in 2025, $300M by 2026.

The problem is that salaries are rising faster than the cap. Top earners are taking up larger and larger amounts of the cap which is leaving very little for the guys that work just as hard and add the support the stars need. The players say they have a union so why not operate like a union. Have minimum and maximum salaries based on position and number of years in the league. I know that won't happen but this idea that every guy needs to make more than the previous highest earner at that position is whacked.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

This is why I hate seeing some guys making $30-$50 million per year. I see the O line and D line as keys to any teams success. When you pay too much to one or two members of the team then you are going to have to let some guys move on. You can only do so much backloading. That results in one or two new guys in the line nearly all the time. About the time they start getting to be a cohesive unit someone leaves or gets traded.

That's the product of the cap going up and up and up, NFL Revenue is big, new TV deals(NBC, FOX, CBS, Prime, YouTubeTV for NFL ST, ABC/ESPN), so we're gonna see guys making ridiculous amounts of money, just how it is now, not like it was when the cap was like $100M or less. Cap will be $256M in 2024, $280M in 2025, $300M by 2026.

The problem is that salaries are rising faster than the cap. Top earners are taking up larger and larger amounts of the cap which is leaving very little for the guys that work just as hard and add the support the stars need. The players say they have a union so why not operate like a union. Have minimum and maximum salaries based on position and number of years in the league. I know that won't happen but this idea that every guy needs to make more than the previous highest earner at that position is whacked.

Not really it's all relative…it was part of the CBA, the players get part of the revenue share which is the cap. The team has to spend at least 89% of the total cap over a 4 yr span. That money is gone regardless, really the only control the owner/GM have is how it's allocated. You want an elite FQB, it's gonna cost you. You want an elite EDGE, it's gonna cost ya. Etc etc.

We all know the cap can be manipulated. SF just gave Nick a massive contract and now have the most cap space in the NFL. It will come back to bite them, but that's the cost of doing business and having good players on your team.

as far as setting Min and Max…why in the world would the players do that? This is a pay me now league, you can get your knee blown out (Chubb) at any point. Go get paid as much money as possible as soon as possible….if you're at the bottom of the roster, is what it is. You're paid what your worth is and the impact you have… It's not like they're getting paid Min wage either. $900K to play special teams only? Sign me up lol.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva
Banks > Tomlinson

I loved the Tomlinson pick up. Trading last second. Do whatever it takes to bring in talent.

How is he doing in NY anyway? Also DJ Jones & K'Waun in DEN? I hated losing all 3, but glad Banks has proven everyone wrong, now have Hargrave, and Oliver, I think we may have upgraded at all 3 spots, K'Waun can't stay healthy apparently, one reason why Broncos fans are done with George Paton.

For sure!
Nice to finally have an IOL high draft pick who isn't a bust.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Banks > Tomlinson

Remember when LT sucked while here , then was irreplaceable when he left in FA?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Banks > Tomlinson

He did suck as a PB. But I'm sure you didn't see it that way. LOL.

Now he REALLY blows now that he's no longer next to Trent Williams.

Glad Banks got that red shirt and is playing so well. He's much more balanced. Tier 1 left side of the OL.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 20, 2023 at 10:42 AM ]

Banks > Tomlinson

Glad Banks got that red shirt and is playing so well. He's much more balanced. Tier 1 left side of the OL.

What I remember was you incessantly railing on him and blaming him for every QB injury on him then he leaves and you then begin to incessantly rail on the team for letting such a an integral piece go, classic NC 🤣
Banks > Tomlinson

What I remember was you incessantly railing on him and blaming him for every QB injury on him then he leaves and you then begin to incessantly rail on the team for letting such a an integral piece go, classic NC 🤣

Like I said, there isn't a day that goes by where you're not making stuff up and twisting reality.

HAD Laken been a reasonable cost, I would have had no issues keeping him WITH Banks starting on the right side. I had zero issues letting him walk esp. at that cost and esp. b/c he sucked at what we needed most: pass protectors.
Banks > Tomlinson

Like I said, there isn't a day that goes by where you're not making stuff up and twisting reality.

HAD Laken been a reasonable cost, I would have had no issues keeping him WITH Banks starting on the right side. I had zero issues letting him walk esp. at that cost and esp. b/c he sucked at what we needed most: pass protectors.

Ok liar
Banks > Tomlinson

Ok liar

LOL. Try again tomorrow.
Banks > Tomlinson

Ok liar

LOL. Try again tomorrow.

Good one. Pretending you didn't say something to avoid having to acknowledge you are/were wrong is no different than lying. It's all apart if arguing in bad faith, which is your special…but hey clearly being right is very important to you so carry on .
Share 49ersWebzone