Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Banks > Tomlinson

Hopefully the FO will be more encouraged to use higher capital on the OL.

It's like not signing Tomlinson was the right decision or something.

Remember when LT sucked while here , then was irreplaceable when he left in FA?

He did suck as a PB. But I'm sure you didn't see it that way. LOL.

Now he REALLY blows now that he's no longer next to Trent Williams.

Glad Banks got that red shirt and is playing so well. He's much more balanced. Tier 1 left side of the OL.

What I remember was you incessantly railing on him and blaming him for every QB injury on him then he leaves and you then begin to incessantly rail on the team for letting such a an integral piece go, classic NC 🤣

Like I said, there isn't a day that goes by where you're not making stuff up and twisting reality.

HAD Laken been a reasonable cost, I would have had no issues keeping him WITH Banks starting on the right side. I had zero issues letting him walk esp. at that cost and esp. b/c he sucked at what we needed most: pass protectors.

Ok liar

LOL. Try again tomorrow.

Or better still, both of you leave it. It's a pointless argument anyway.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Banks > Tomlinson

Hopefully the FO will be more encouraged to use higher capital on the OL.

It's like not signing Tomlinson was the right decision or something.

Remember when LT sucked while here , then was irreplaceable when he left in FA?

He did suck as a PB. But I'm sure you didn't see it that way. LOL.

Now he REALLY blows now that he's no longer next to Trent Williams.

Glad Banks got that red shirt and is playing so well. He's much more balanced. Tier 1 left side of the OL.

What I remember was you incessantly railing on him and blaming him for every QB injury on him then he leaves and you then begin to incessantly rail on the team for letting such a an integral piece go, classic NC 🤣

Like I said, there isn't a day that goes by where you're not making stuff up and twisting reality.

HAD Laken been a reasonable cost, I would have had no issues keeping him WITH Banks starting on the right side. I had zero issues letting him walk esp. at that cost and esp. b/c he sucked at what we needed most: pass protectors.

Ok liar

LOL. Try again tomorrow.

Or better still, both of you leave it. It's a pointless argument anyway.

Esp. with a search option available. Ha
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Guy is going to get paid $10m+ here or somewhere else. He's been playing at a probowl level since last year so it's not a fluke.

This is why I hate seeing some guys making $30-$50 million per year. I see the O line and D line as keys to any teams success. When you pay too much to one or two members of the team then you are going to have to let some guys move on. You can only do so much backloading. That results in one or two new guys in the line nearly all the time. About the time they start getting to be a cohesive unit someone leaves or gets traded.

That's the product of the cap going up and up and up, NFL Revenue is big, new TV deals(NBC, FOX, CBS, Prime, YouTubeTV for NFL ST, ABC/ESPN), so we're gonna see guys making ridiculous amounts of money, just how it is now, not like it was when the cap was like $100M or less. Cap will be $256M in 2024, $280M in 2025, $300M by 2026.

The problem is that salaries are rising faster than the cap. Top earners are taking up larger and larger amounts of the cap which is leaving very little for the guys that work just as hard and add the support the stars need. The players say they have a union so why not operate like a union. Have minimum and maximum salaries based on position and number of years in the league. I know that won't happen but this idea that every guy needs to make more than the previous highest earner at that position is whacked.

Not really it's all relative…it was part of the CBA, the players get part of the revenue share which is the cap. The team has to spend at least 89% of the total cap over a 4 yr span. That money is gone regardless, really the only control the owner/GM have is how it's allocated. You want an elite FQB, it's gonna cost you. You want an elite EDGE, it's gonna cost ya. Etc etc.

We all know the cap can be manipulated. SF just gave Nick a massive contract and now have the most cap space in the NFL. It will come back to bite them, but that's the cost of doing business and having good players on your team.

as far as setting Min and Max…why in the world would the players do that? This is a pay me now league, you can get your knee blown out (Chubb) at any point. Go get paid as much money as possible as soon as possible….if you're at the bottom of the roster, is what it is. You're paid what your worth is and the impact you have… It's not like they're getting paid Min wage either. $900K to play special teams only? Sign me up lol.

This will never happen, a minimum yes, $750K is the minimum salary for a rookie, but there will never be a maximum salary, this isn't the NBA, the NBA has a hard cap, and a soft cap, plus luxury tax.

Also the 89% thing, is in cash, not based off of cap numbers, so the 49ers need to spend 89% of their cap in cash wise, so Bosa alone was $51.01M in cash given out.
Another very good game yesterday. Turning out to be a good fit for this OL and what this offense wants to do.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Another very good game yesterday. Turning out to be a good fit for this OL and what this offense wants to do.

Told you all last year, he's going to be TOP 3 OG in the league.. all he needed was playing time..
He seems to have improved by leaps & bounds.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Actually, all the metrics say he was a good bit better last season than he has been so far.
Originally posted by dj43:

Actually, all the metrics say he was a good bit better last season than he has been so far.

Which metrics?

Pressure responsibility
2022- 38.1%
2023- 9.1%

Pressure rate & sacks
2022- 4.8%, 1 sack
2023- 2.3%, 0 sacks

Rushing direction LG
2022- 11 attempts, 4.6 YPC, 0 TD's, 1 FD
2023- 11 attempts, 8.5 YPC, 1 TD, 4 FD's.

Penalties
2022- 5
2023- 0
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Which metrics?

Pressure responsibility
2022- 38.1%
2023- 9.1%

Pressure rate & sacks
2022- 4.8%, 1 sack
2023- 2.3%, 0 sacks

Rushing direction LG

Penalties
2022- 5
2023- 0

Well, I stand corrected. I will go back and watch some more games because I obviously missed something.

I will say that having CMC with a full off-season behind him is going to help the YPC a ton.

Which metrics?

Pressure responsibility
2022- 38.1%
2023- 9.1%

Pressure rate & sacks
2022- 4.8%, 1 sack
2023- 2.3%, 0 sacks

Rushing direction LG

Penalties
2022- 5
2023- 0

Well, I stand corrected. I will go back and watch some more games because I obviously missed something.

I will say that having CMC with a full off-season behind him is going to help the YPC a ton.

I am sure CMC helps but how much exactly can easily be determined by how much production has increased for the rest of our starting o lineman when he has ran behind them as well. Four games in and we have already reached the amount of rushing attempts behind Banks as we had all of last year. So Shanahan must feel pretty comfortbale running the ball his way.

Which metrics?

Pressure responsibility
2022- 38.1%
2023- 9.1%

Pressure rate & sacks
2022- 4.8%, 1 sack
2023- 2.3%, 0 sacks

Rushing direction LG

Penalties
2022- 5
2023- 0

I'm guessing you were referring to his peer ranking?
Is Banks hurt?
Originally posted by father49er:
Is Banks hurt?

Bicep injury. I hope he's okay. Dude has been really good.
Kyle said it was a high bicep, the lower one would have been season ending, not sure on severity, just saw the part on ESPN during his presser.
I hope he didn't hurt it shoving that dude in the face.

Right bicep?
Share 49ersWebzone