There are 157 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i've been worried about Banks all day, good news for sure. we've been healthy this year, team of destiny. I don't believe in knocking on wood, I'm not important enough to jinx anything, so I won't. Rest up Aaron!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dodged a bullet!

More like dodged a cruise missile. Thank god he's ok, and most likely will be back next week - if not earlier.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Banks is day-to-day with a shoulder strain. Nice!

I love you.

such good news.

health is wealth in this league.

Lots of man love to go around Cisco
It was driving me crazy the announcers didn't notice we had a new LG in the game.

HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Glad he's alright. Anytime I hear bicep I fear the worst.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Thank the football gods and zeus. If he needs to rest next week take it off. We need him for the playoffs
Originally posted by Waterbear:
It was driving me crazy the announcers didn't notice we had a new LG in the game.

Collinsworth briefly mentioned it but there was no elaboration or mention of effects it had on the o-line. No love for Banks on the national stage - yet. To be fair, there wasn't a timeout for his injury so almost no one noticed it.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dodged a bullet!

More like dodged a cruise missile. Thank god he's ok, and most likely will be back next week - if not earlier.

They should have him skip the next start, would rather be safe than sorry.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
If you ever want proof that PFF grades can sometimes be completely off base, look no further than Banks. Consistently grades poorly—but my eyes tell me different whenever I focus on him during games.

YAC is conflicted with this statement.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

They see as well as the officials see an obvious Bosa holding.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
how'd it go from a Bicep to shoulder strain lol.... wtf do they need a real G like me as a Doctor lol

The long head of the bicep (the upper that Kyle referred to) inserts at the top of the shoulder. It can tear completely loose without resulting in the classical Popeye deformity or any bruising...which could contribute the 'in the moment' misdiagnosis. That kind of injury also can/does result in some pain in the shoulder. (been down that road with both my biceps)
Originally posted by Mankster:
how'd it go from a Bicep to shoulder strain lol.... wtf do they need a real G like me as a Doctor lol

The long head of the bicep (the upper that Kyle referred to) inserts at the top of the shoulder. It can tear completely loose without resulting in the classical Popeye deformity or any bruising...which could contribute the 'in the moment' misdiagnosis. That kind of injury also can/does result in some pain in the shoulder. (been down that road with both my biceps)

thanks for clearing that up lol... you're the real G here.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, good stuff. Hopeful he'll be back soon. Strain is better than a tear in any book I have.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, good stuff. Hopeful he'll be back soon. Strain is better than a tear in any book I have.

he FINE he FINE !!!

3 weeks and he be back..

You got to stop trying to show off in front of all the nurses on the treadmills at the gym. jk
Share 49ersWebzone