There are 132 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

just great.

Unreal. Turf toe can linger for a long time too. Damn.

Yep. Few weeks could mean rest of the season.

time to fire up your injury thread?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
f**kin great.
  • thl408

just great.

How you get turf toe playing on grass? That's like getting tennis elbow while playing ping pong.
heal up big guy

hopefully trent comes back
Originally posted by thl408:

just great.

How you get turf toe playing on grass? That's like getting tennis elbow while playing ping pong.

Grass is still turf, man. The steak part of a surf n turf isn't grown on field turf….
"The simplest definition of turf toe is that it is a sprain of the main joint of the big toe. The injury happens when the toe is forcibly bent up into hyperextension, such as when pushing off into a sprint and having the toe get stuck flat on the ground."

To help plan treatment for turf toe, doctors grade the injuries from 1 to 3 — mild to severe.
  • Grade 1. The plantar complex has been stretched, causing pinpoint tenderness and slight swelling.
  • Grade 2. A partial tearing of the plantar complex causes more widespread tenderness, moderate swelling, and bruising. Movement of the toe is limited and painful.
  • Grade 3. The plantar complex is completely torn, causing severe tenderness, severe swelling, and bruising. It is difficult and painful to move the big toe.
  • TREATMENT
  • Grade 2. To keep the MTP joint immobilized, the doctor may prescribe a walking boot to wear for up to a week, if needed. Afterwards, these injuries are managed with a taping regimen and the Grade 1 treatments discussed above. In most cases, an athlete with a Grade 2 injury needs 3 to 14 days of rest before returning to play.
  • Grade 3. These more severe injuries are most often treated with immobilization for several weeks. The athlete may wear a walking boot or be put in a cast that keeps the big toe in a partially pointed down position. As the injury heals, treatment will gradually step down to Grade 2 and then to Grade 1.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/turf-toe
  • thl408
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

just great.

Grass is still turf, man. The steak part of a surf n turf isn't grown on field turf….

I have athlete's foot and I don't even play sports.

just great.

LMAO! Touché.
Say it ain't toe :(

Yep, a witch out there put a hex on us as she is a Cowboys fan

just great.

I played football for 10 years and wrestled for 3, never got athletes foot.

I used the gym showers for many years after High School, and only once, about 6 years ago did I accidentally step on the ground without my sandals.

Till this day my toes itch...

Gold Bond Powder
Aaron Banks out. Is Ant Banks available?

just great.

Hope it's really minor. They interviewed him after the game and there was no indication he had anything wrong.

just great.

• thl408
Originally posted by mitpdub:

just great.

Hope it's really minor. They interviewed him after the game and there was no indication he had anything wrong.

I don't think it's minor. He left the stadium in a toe truck.
Share 49ersWebzone