There are 133 users in the forums

Aaron Banks "The Dancing Bear", OG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's very good. The 2nd best behind Trent Williams. He's a bulldozer in the run game. He's pretty decent as a pass blocker. If you can't see it you are totally blind. The problems are more over on the other side. But the left is not a problem. Something to be said for a 2nd round Guard. See we drafted him high and he's one of our best performers. Maybe something to that. You might want to tell Lynch.
  • thl408
He's been very good imo. I don't see him get beaten in pass pro, which was a strength of his coming out of college. And when the 49ers need yards in the run game, run it to the left. I know Trent is over there, but Banks is also moving DTs and is not simply playing a bystander role in the run game's success to the left. The only concern I have with drafting a 2nd round Guard is that now that he is good, the team may not re-sign him since he plays guard - not a position to overpay considering all the other talent that should be prioritized to be extended.

edit: with the shift to more between the tackles runs, perhaps guard is prioritized, hence why they spent a 2nd rounder on a guard. Will be interesting to see what the team does with Banks once his rookie deal is up.
[ Edited by thl408 on Dec 8, 2023 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
He's been very good imo. I don't see him get beaten in pass pro, which was a strength of his coming out of college. And when the 49ers need yards in the run game, run it to the left. I know Trent is over there, but Banks is also moving DTs and is not simply playing a bystander role in the run game's success to the left. The only concern I have with drafting a 2nd round Guard is that now that he is good, the team may not re-sign him since he plays guard - not a position to overpay considering all the other talent that should be prioritized to be extended.

edit: with the shift to more between the tackles runs, perhaps guard is prioritized, hence why they spent a 2nd rounder on a guard. Will be interesting to see what the team does with Banks once his rookie deal is up.

We probably need to franchise tag him or draft some more early round offensive line talent. Because he is 2nd best behind Trent Williams. I hate to lose him. That left side is very solid. I can't say the same for the right.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by thl408:

We probably need to franchise tag him or draft some more early round offensive line talent. Because he is 2nd best behind Trent Williams. I hate to lose him. That left side is very solid. I can't say the same for the right.

The 49ers aren't franchise tagging a guard. It'd cost $18.
I haven't seen anything about this dude. Any updates?
Only capable of slow dance for the moment, he toe up
Originally posted by Heroism:

Day to day and not as bad as the first time he hurt the toe
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Day to day and not as bad as the first time he hurt the toe

Most likely, he will sit out this game and play in the Rams game. If not, at least you'll have another 2 weeks of rest if we get the bye
We really should try to keep this guy if Chase Young walks and he may. He and Trent Williams are the best part of our offensive line. You have seen it without both of them. It's a catastrophe. Keep Aaron Banks and Brandon Aiyuk. Then draft well. Assuming we can't get something done with Chase Young long term. Which is kind of a long shot. But this board underestimates the importance of offensive line. You have seen how non functional they are without the two. With both you can bulldoze run block and effectively pass block on at least the left side. No small thing since that's the blind side.
We really should try to keep this guy if Chase Young walks and he may. He and Trent Williams are the best part of our offensive line. You have seen it without both of them. It's a catastrophe. Keep Aaron Banks and Brandon Aiyuk. Then draft well. Assuming we can't get something done with Chase Young long term. Which is kind of a long shot. But this board underestimates the importance of offensive line. You have seen how non functional they are without the two. With both you can bulldoze run block and effectively pass block on at least the left side. No small thing since that's the blind side.

That's gonna be a tough sell for fans because of positional value but it's worth discussing for sure.

Originally posted by NCommand:

That's gonna be a tough sell for fans because of positional value but it's worth discussing for sure.

Our offensive line is already sub par. It's a catastrophe without both of them. At least Trent Williams and Aaron Banks are really good. Banks is underrated on this board. He's a very good Guard. Both run blocking as a bulldozer and a very solid pass blocker. He's certainly not the problem on this line. One of the few solutions. 2 of them.

Hes not a free agent
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Hes not a free agent

Eventually when he does come up. He's currently 3rd year. So usually they are 4 or 5 year option deals. He will come up soon. We should look at possibly keeping him. Of course depending on cost, health, other roster importance moves. All things considered.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Our offensive line is already sub par. It's a catastrophe without both of them. At least Trent Williams and Aaron Banks are really good. Banks is underrated on this board. He's a very good Guard. Both run blocking as a bulldozer and a very solid pass blocker. He's certainly not the problem on this line. One of the few solutions. 2 of them.

He's also a 1K+ snap player too. That's excellent value. I hear you.
He's very good. The 2nd best behind Trent Williams. He's a bulldozer in the run game. He's pretty decent as a pass blocker. If you can't see it you are totally blind. The problems are more over on the other side. But the left is not a problem. Something to be said for a 2nd round Guard. See we drafted him high and he's one of our best performers. Maybe something to that. You might want to tell Lynch.

imagine if we still had him + Laken
Share 49ersWebzone