LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 258 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
who gets cut for Ronnie Bell to make the 53?

No one, Gray goes on IR or even McCloud if need be.

Bell is one of the top 4 WRs IMO for the 49ers right now. He surpassed Gray.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
who gets cut for Ronnie Bell to make the 53?

No one, Gray goes on IR or even McCloud if need be.

Bell is one of the top 4 WRs IMO for the 49ers right now. He surpassed Gray.

The better question is if Gray would have made the 53 if everyone is healthy.
DFF
Kinlaw
Zakelj
Pryor
Moore
Woerner
Dwelley
Conley (Snead, if Conley is injured)

These guys are gonna make the team, huh?

And Ilm Manning won't. Watch.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 25, 2023 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
DFF
Kinlaw
Zakelj
Pryor
Moore
Conley (Snead, if injured)

DFF better not make the team, Winter & Graham won't clear waivers IMO
Kinlaw makes it, he looks better, but no one is trading anything worthwhile for him IMO
Agreed on Zakelj, rather have someone like Ilm Manning or another veteran or waiver claim.
Pryor is garbage, I don't get why so many people have him on their 53.
Moore same, I do have him as the Swing T, but he's not good, better than Pryor though IMO.
Conley I like a lot, if they go 6 WRs and McCloud isn't IR'd, Conley makes it, need 5 healthy WRs, and Gray likely gets IR'd Wednesday after making the initial 53.

I think Ilm, and Jamison two UDFAs I like will clear waivers, I'm leaning towards Kalia Davis making it as a 11th DL, won't be IR'd now that he's played. I think Beal gets IR'd, either short term, or redshirt year.

I'm not sure what they do at Kicker, Moody is day to day, Zane is hurt, Moody makes it, they likely cut Zane, and sign him to the PS IMO.
Kinlaw makes it, he looks better, but no one is trading anything worthwhile for him IMO
Agreed on Zakelj, rather have someone like Ilm Manning or another veteran or waiver claim.
Moore same, I do have him as the Swing T, but he's not good, better than Pryor though IMO.
Conley I like a lot, if they go 6 WRs and McCloud isn't IR'd, Conley makes it, need 5 healthy WRs, and Gray likely gets IR'd Wednesday after making the initial 53.

I think Ilm, and Jamison two UDFAs I like will clear waivers, I'm leaning towards Kalia Davis making it as a 11th DL, won't be IR'd now that he's played. I think Beal gets IR'd, either short term, or redshirt year.

I'm not sure what they do at Kicker, Moody is day to day, Zane is hurt, Moody makes it, they likely cut Zane, and sign him to the PS IMO.

Starting to get a feeling we might be overrating Winters and Graham a smidge.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 25, 2023 at 9:23 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Starting to get a feeling we might be overrating Winters and Graham a smidge.

I don't think so. No one is saying they're great but they both had very good preseasons.
Originally posted by NCommand:
DFF
Kinlaw
Zakelj
Pryor
Moore
Conley (Snead, if injured)

This is scary. This is a pretty poor group of players for sure esp. if they have to take real-game snaps as position players. But these coaches seem to lock in on their guys so I think better players will be pushed out, sadly.

PS: Conley hurt his shoulder last night as well.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 26, 2023 at 4:55 AM ]
We're certainly going to have to do one projection of what you think the FO will do and one you wish they'd do.
I wonder what happens at WR due to raw unseasoned talent, I also wonder what happens at TE due to the underwhelming talent.

On the same note...we have a quick set of LBers...but damn...do they looked flawed. Not a ton of instinctive plays.

Lack of a kicker is gonna get someone cut for sure.

S
NOTES:
- I think the team trades or cuts Ty Davis Price because he would be inactive the majority of the time as the 4th RB anyways. He's inferior as a runner and pass-blocker to everyone above him, doesn't play STs, and IMO doesn't fit this team really well either. We need the extra spot, and with as much as we like to use Deebo, it all adds up to us not really needing a 4th RB anyways.

that is a really good point... There is a log jam at back up WR, with multiple dudes showing just a bit of talent.

They might go light at RB with Deebo almost acting like an emergency back to get someone else on the 53.

After all the procedural moves, this would be my guess for week one roster..

OFFENSE - 24
QB: Purdy, Darnold
RB: CMC, Mitchell, Mason, TDP
FB: Juice
WR: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Bell, McCloud
TE: Kittle, Woerner, Latu, & Willis
C: Brendel, Feliciano
OG: Banks, Burford, & Manning
OT: Trent, McKivitz, Moore

DEFENSE - 26
DE: Bosa, Jackson, Ferrell, Hyder, Bryant
IDL: Armstead, Hargrave, Kinlaw, Givens, & McGill
LB: Warner, Greenlaw, DFF, Robinson, Graham, Winters
CB: Ward, Lenoir, Ambry Thomas, Oliver, Womack, & Jamison
S: Gipson, Hufanga, Brown, & Odum

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Moody
P: Wishnowsky
LS: Pepper

IR: WR Gray, WR Conley, DE Beal, LB Burks, K Gonzalez, S Hawkins
PUP: CB Luter

NOTES:
I think we'll just elevate someone from the practice squad at certain spots like receiver and kicker if necessary. No need for anyone to take up an active roster spot.

PRACTICE SQUAD: 17
RB 36 Brian Hill*
FB 33 Jack Colletto
WR 83 Willie Snead IV*
LB Marcelino McCray Ball (if not traded)
TE 89 Ross Dwelley*
LG 63 Nick Zakelj
RG 51 Jason Poe
RG 66 Joey Fisher
LT 75 Matt Pryor*
LT 78 Leroy Watson IV
RT 77 Alfredo Gutierrez**
DT Kalia Davis
DT Marlon Davidson
DE 58 Alex Barrett
K Dustin Hopkins (brought over after Chargers cuts)
CB/FS 43 Qwuantrezz Knight
SS 38 Myles Hartsfield*
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 26, 2023 at 8:34 AM ]
My final roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/08/26/my-final-49ers-2023-53-man-roster-projection-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-plus-2023-2024-salary-cap-implications/

I don't have Ilm Manning or D'Shawn Jamison on my 53 now, I think they keep Davis at NT, and Zakelj gets the final IOL job, just have a feeling they'll waive both, and both should clear waivers, I hope. I hope they both make the 53, but I had to go with my gut feeling this time.
My final roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/08/26/my-final-49ers-2023-53-man-roster-projection-with-practice-squad-injured-lists-plus-2023-2024-salary-cap-implications/

I don't have Ilm Manning or D'Shawn Jamison on my 53 now, I think they keep Davis at NT, and Zakelj gets the final IOL job, just have a feeling they'll waive both, and both should clear waivers, I hope. I hope they both make the 53, but I had to go with my gut feeling this time.

At the end of the day, Zakelj has performed atrocious in the games and apparently got beat repeatedly in practice. I have him getting deservedly cut.

I am honestly wondering how much Kyle defers on these decisions or if he let's positional coaches have almost full authority.

I can't fathom Manning getting cut. Too much tape has been put out with him shutting down starting NFL DL.

At the end of the day, Zakelj has performed atrocious in the games and apparently got beat repeatedly in practice. I have him getting deservedly cut.

I am honestly wondering how much Kyle defers on these decisions or if he let's positional coaches have almost full authority.

I can't fathom Manning getting cut. Too much tape has been put out with him shutting down starting NFL DL.

I hope you're right, just a gut feeling they keep Zakelj, I would keep Manning, and somehow keep Jamison, but I like Kalia Davis, he played well last night. idk about how bad Conley or Parker's injuries are, I would love for them to be not serious, so they sign to the PS.
After all the procedural moves, this would be my guess for week one roster..

OFFENSE - 24
QB: Purdy, Darnold
RB: CMC, Mitchell, Mason, TDP
FB: Juice
WR: Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Bell, McCloud
TE: Kittle, Woerner, Latu, & Willis
C: Brendel, Feliciano
OG: Banks, Burford, & Manning
OT: Trent, McKivitz, Moore

DEFENSE - 26
DE: Bosa, Jackson, Ferrell, Hyder, Bryant
IDL: Armstead, Hargrave, Kinlaw, Givens, & McGill
LB: Warner, Greenlaw, DFF, Robinson, Graham, Winters
CB: Ward, Lenoir, Ambry Thomas, Oliver, Womack, & Jamison
S: Gipson, Hufanga, Brown, & Odum

SPECIAL TEAMS
K: Moody
P: Wishnowsky
LS: Pepper

IR: WR Gray, WR Conley, DE Beal, LB Burks, K Gonzalez, S Hawkins
PUP: CB Luter

NOTES:
I think we'll just elevate someone from the practice squad at certain spots like receiver and kicker if necessary. No need for anyone to take up an active roster spot.

PRACTICE SQUAD: 17
RB 36 Brian Hill*
FB 33 Jack Colletto
WR 83 Willie Snead IV*
LB Marcelino McCray Ball (if not traded)
TE 89 Ross Dwelley*
LG 63 Nick Zakelj
RG 51 Jason Poe
RG 66 Joey Fisher
LT 75 Matt Pryor*
LT 78 Leroy Watson IV
RT 77 Alfredo Gutierrez**
DT Kalia Davis
DT Marlon Davidson
DE 58 Alex Barrett
K Dustin Hopkins (brought over after Chargers cuts)
CB/FS 43 Qwuantrezz Knight
SS 38 Myles Hartsfield*

I'd be fine with this 53, but remember they only get 8 spots to bring players back, so I wonder who of the injured guys gets IR'd, I think Burks makes the 53 for opening day, might be inactive. How serious is Gray, Beal and Conley injuries? That's a big question, not sure ytou waste a spot on those 3, I might just IR Beal as a redshirt year.
Share 49ersWebzone