There are 272 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Deadline is T+ 37 minutes
Why dont we know the 53 already?

the 53 needs to be set by 1pm. the exit interviews might take longer. we didnt get all the names until after 4 or 5pm last year.
Am I going crazy or are we worse than last year? The only improvement I can see is Hargrave.

Same starters on offense minus mcglinchey but purdy is back with more experience. Lost Jimmy and Trey and gained darnold.
Same starters on defense but added Hargrave and lost ward. Lost a bunch of depth. Lost ryans.
Lost Gould on special teams.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Aug 29, 2023 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Interesting, I thought he would make it. Curious how the o line plays out.

Manning was a very raw guy, like Poe. Hope he makes the Practice Squad.

Raw in what way?

Uncooked.

Dude had nearly 60 starts at LT in college. Absolutely BONKERS that they think Zakelj is better. They got this wrong. Period.

I agree, I wanted him on the team. I don't think Zakelj is making it either though.
They just have to submit it prior to the deadline, not announcing to the media.

with what intention?
Why not announce immediately? They cant change it any more anyways and all other teams know the moment they sent it to the league?
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Am I going crazy or are we worse than last year? The only improvement I can see is Hargrave.

Same starters on offense minus mcglinchey but purdy is back with more experience. Lost Jimmy and Trey and gained darnold.
Same starters on defense but added Hargrave and lost ward. Lost a bunch of depth. Lost ryans.

No Bosa either.

Yes
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

No Bosa either.

THanks for reminding me

with what intention?
Why not announce immediately? They cant change it any more anyways and all other teams know the moment they sent it to the league?

lol. are you entitled much?

John and Kyle want to talk to each player personally. that takes time.

Originally posted by boast:

with what intention?

I team handles cuts in a classy way, with the best of em. I'm proud of that.

I don't think any of that makes it a worse team than last year. I don't think replacing McGlinchey with McKivitz will be much of a downgrade if any at all.

Adding Hargrave to the defense improves it a lot more than losing Ward hurts it. I think Wilkes will be just as good as Ryans was.

Apparently we still might bring Gould back but if not I think Moody will be ready and get his s**t together.
Bradley roby was cut
Originally posted by boast:

i guess all other teams want to do this too.
Lots of them announced all their cuts already...

Last year's team probably would have won the SB. The injury to Purdy changed everything.

How much of a change on the roster does this team really need?
Share 49ersWebzone