***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 60sFan:
QB- (3) Jimmy, Trey, Sudfeld
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Jennings, Sherfield
TE- (3) Kittle, Dwelley, Pruitt
OL- (9) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Willis, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens
LB- (4) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Burgess
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior
S - (5) Ward, Tartt, T.Moore, Harris, Hulfanga,
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

Doesn't Dress Game Day
Sudfeld
Jennings
Moore
Hurst Jr (I think they keep extra ER Willis vs another Tackle)
Burgess

I've got Woerner being waived under this scenario hoping he makes it to PS. Pruitt is the superior TE. Also the second best blocking TE on the team with 4.59 40 speed.

Mine would be same except Woerner on, Willis to PS, Willis doesn't need to clear waivers. And I've been told that the 49ers really like both Woerner and McKivitz, and think they will make an impact this season. I don't think Pruitt is a lock, but for now I do think we keep 4 TEs baring injuries.

Now if Dee is healthy, that's a tough one, I don't wanna inactivate any of the DL, but likely Key, while someone would be cut, I'd rather keep 10 DL over 9 OL, I know crazy, but I'd keep 3 on the PS, Coleman doesn't need to pass waivers, I think Shepley and Skule would pass waivers.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
QB- (3) Jimmy, Trey, Sudfeld
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Jennings, Sherfield
TE- (3) Kittle, Dwelley, Pruitt
OL- (9) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Willis, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens
LB- (4) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Burgess
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior
S - (5) Ward, Tartt, T.Moore, Harris, Hulfanga,
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

Doesn't Dress Game Day
Sudfeld
Jennings
Moore
Hurst Jr (I think they keep extra ER Willis vs another Tackle)
Burgess

I've got Woerner being waived under this scenario hoping he makes it to PS. Pruitt is the superior TE. Also the second best blocking TE on the team with 4.59 40 speed.

Mine would be same except Woerner on, Willis to PS, Willis doesn't need to clear waivers. And I've been told that the 49ers really like both Woerner and McKivitz, and think they will make an impact this season. I don't think Pruitt is a lock, but for now I do think we keep 4 TEs baring injuries.

Now if Dee is healthy, that's a tough one, I don't wanna inactivate any of the DL, but likely Key, while someone would be cut, I'd rather keep 10 DL over 9 OL, I know crazy, but I'd keep 3 on the PS, Coleman doesn't need to pass waivers, I think Shepley and Skule would pass waivers.

Argument makes sense.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
The DT position is crowded and there won't be enough snaps to go around. Hurst, Givens, DJJones, Kinlaw are the pure DTs. AA and Kerr can play some DE, but are better off inside.

Kinlaw will get snaps because of his draft pedigree. AA will get snaps because he's paid a lot. Do all six dress on game day? Then it's just Bosa and Samson as pure DEs.

I was thinking of this today. Are we really going to keep 10 DL to keep Kevin Givens? We have 100 quality interior DL (veterans and young players). How many will even be active? How many snaps will Kinlaw get?

It sounds like Ryans is going to learn heavily on the DL.

You don't cut Givens, a young up and coming talent, when you have a older vet like Kerr there who may not be there past 2021, same with Hurst. Givens is a ERFA in 2022, a RFA in 2023, UFA in 2024, so he's affordable/cheap.

I'd keep 9-10 DL, activate 9 on gamedays, my ideal actives would be.

QB: Jimmy, Lance
RB: Mostert, Sermon, Gallman
FB: Juice
WR: Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, Sherfield, James
TE: Kittle, Dwelley, Woerner
OL: Mack, Brunskill, Tomlinson, Banks, McKivitz, Moore, Trent, McGlinchey
DL: AA, Bosa, Ebukam, Key, Kinlaw, Jones, Kerr, Hurst, Givens
LB: Warner, Dre, Al-Shaair, Whoever is the 4th LB
CB: Verrett, Moseley, K'Waun, Thomas, Lenoir
S: Ward, Moore, Tartt, Harris, Hufanga
ST: Gould, Wish, Pepper

Inactive: QB Sudfeld or Rosen, RB Mitchell, WR Jennings or whoever is the 6th WR, OL Coleman or Skule(whoever wins the 9th OL if we keep 9), and the last would be tough, TE Pruitt or Woerner, but Kyle likes to activate all 4 sometimes. I really want to see Mitchell get the 3rd RB spot, and also as a Returner with Ambry Thomas.

Maybe they could go just 3 LBs since Harris & Hufanga can play LB, but idk.

Yeah, I have the same 9 or 10 DL too now. I was more concerned about Kinlaw. With that investment, I want 700-900 snaps a year. Big money for AA, needs more interior snaps. Lots of quality bodies inside.
The DT position is crowded and there won't be enough snaps to go around. Hurst, Givens, DJJones, Kinlaw are the pure DTs. AA and Kerr can play some DE, but are better off inside.

Kinlaw will get snaps because of his draft pedigree. AA will get snaps because he's paid a lot. Do all six dress on game day? Then it's just Bosa and Samson as pure DEs.

I was thinking of this today. Are we really going to keep 10 DL to keep Kevin Givens? We have 100 quality interior DL (veterans and young players). How many will even be active? How many snaps will Kinlaw get?

You don't cut Givens, a young up and coming talent, when you have a older vet like Kerr there who may not be there past 2021, same with Hurst. Givens is a ERFA in 2022, a RFA in 2023, UFA in 2024, so he's affordable/cheap.

Inactive: QB Sudfeld or Rosen, RB Mitchell, WR Jennings or whoever is the 6th WR, OL Coleman or Skule(whoever wins the 9th OL if we keep 9), and the last would be tough, TE Pruitt or Woerner, but Kyle likes to activate all 4 sometimes. I really want to see Mitchell get the 3rd RB spot, and also as a Returner with Ambry Thomas.

Yeah, I have the same 9 or 10 DL too now. I was more concerned about Kinlaw. With that investment, I want 700-900 snaps a year. Big money for AA, needs more interior snaps. Lots of quality bodies inside.

The thing for me is I want Mitchell to win the 3rd RB and Kick Returner job along with Ambry Thomas. Enough of James, no Deebo or Aiyuk, don't risk injuries. I get the feeling Kyle will keep 4 TEs in exchange for DeMeco getting 10 DL to work with, so no 9th OL.
Here is my early projection. Players in bold are in the final year of their contract.
QB
Locks: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
Strong Bubble: Nate Sudfeld
Weak Bubble: Josh Rosen
Josh Rosen reminds me of Martin Sheen's quote in The Departed, "Do you want to be a cop or do you want to appear to be a cop?"
RB
Locks: Kyle Juszczyk, Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon
Strong Bubble: Wayne Gallman, Elijah Mitchell
Weak Bubble: JaMycal Hasty
Longshots: Josh Hokit
IR: Jeff Wilson
TE
Locks: George Kittle
Strong Bubble: Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
Weak Bubble: MyCole Pruitt
Longshots: Josh Pederson
WR
Locks: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd
Strong Bubble: Richie James, Jauan Jennings, Travis Benjamin, Trent Sherfield
Weak Bubble: Mohamed Sanu, River Cracraft
Longshots: Bennie Fowler, Andy Jones, Kevin White, Austin Watkins
I saw a comment about Sherfield getting a good look as a key special teamer.
OT
Locks: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey
Strong Bubble: Justin Skule, Shon Coleman
Weak Bubble: Corbin Kaufusi
Longshots: Alfredo Gutierrez
C/OG
Locks: Laken Tomlinson, Aaron Banks, Alex Mack
Strong Bubble: Daniel Brunskill, Colton McKivitz, Jaylon Moore
Weak Bubble: Tom Compton, Jake Brendel
Longshots: Isaiah Williams, Dakoda Shepley
EDGE
Locks: Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Samson Ebukam
Strong Bubble: Dee Ford, Kentavius Street, Jordan Willis
Weak Bubble: Arden Key
Longshots: Daeshon Hall
DT/NT
Locks: D.J. Jones, Javon Kinlaw
Strong Bubble: Kevin Givens, Zach Kerr
Weak Bubble: Maurice Hurst, Darrion Daniels
Longshots: Alex Barrett
It looks like the assault charges against Givens aren't going to happen but I'll leave him in strong bubble for now
LB
Locks: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw
Strong Bubble: Azzez Al-Shaair, Nate Gerry
Weak Bubble: Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Jonas Griffith, Justin Hilliard
Longshots: Elijah Sullivan, James Burgess
Special teams ability will decide who makes the team. Behind Warner and Greenlaw, the bumping order will be pretty fluid.
S
Locks: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt
Strong Bubble: Tarvarius Moore, Marcell Harris
Weak Bubble: Talanoa Hufanga, Jared Mayden
Longshots: Kai Nacua, Tavon Wilson
CB
Locks: Jason Verrett, K'Waun Williams, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas
Strong Bubble: Deommodore Lenoir
Weak Bubble: Tim Harris
Longshots: Dontae Johnson, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Ken Webster, Mark Fields
ST
Locks: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Here is my early projection. Players in bold are in the final year of their contract.
QB
Locks: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
Strong Bubble: Nate Sudfeld
Weak Bubble: Josh Rosen
Josh Rosen reminds me of Martin Sheen's quote in The Departed, "Do you want to be a cop or do you want to appear to be a cop?"
RB
Locks: Kyle Juszczyk, Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon
Strong Bubble: Wayne Gallman, Elijah Mitchell
Weak Bubble: JaMycal Hasty
Longshots: Josh Hokit
IR: Jeff Wilson
TE
Locks: George Kittle
Strong Bubble: Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
Weak Bubble: MyCole Pruitt
Longshots: Josh Pederson
WR
Locks: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd
Strong Bubble: Richie James, Jauan Jennings, Travis Benjamin, Trent Sherfield
Weak Bubble: Mohamed Sanu, River Cracraft
Longshots: Bennie Fowler, Andy Jones, Kevin White, Austin Watkins
I saw a comment about Sherfield getting a good look as a key special teamer.
OT
Locks: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey
Strong Bubble: Justin Skule, Shon Coleman
Weak Bubble: Corbin Kaufusi
Longshots: Alfredo Gutierrez
C/OG
Locks: Laken Tomlinson, Aaron Banks, Alex Mack
Strong Bubble: Daniel Brunskill, Colton McKivitz, Jaylon Moore
Weak Bubble: Tom Compton, Jake Brendel
Longshots: Isaiah Williams, Dakoda Shepley
EDGE
Locks: Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Samson Ebukam
Strong Bubble: Dee Ford, Kentavius Street, Jordan Willis
Weak Bubble: Arden Key
Longshots: Daeshon Hall
DT/NT
Locks: D.J. Jones, Javon Kinlaw
Strong Bubble: Kevin Givens, Zach Kerr
Weak Bubble: Maurice Hurst, Darrion Daniels
Longshots: Alex Barrett
It looks like the assault charges against Givens aren't going to happen but I'll leave him in strong bubble for now
LB
Locks: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw
Strong Bubble: Azzez Al-Shaair, Nate Gerry
Weak Bubble: Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Jonas Griffith, Justin Hilliard
Longshots: Elijah Sullivan, James Burgess
Special teams ability will decide who makes the team. Behind Warner and Greenlaw, the bumping order will be pretty fluid.
S
Locks: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt
Strong Bubble: Tarvarius Moore, Marcell Harris
Weak Bubble: Talanoa Hufanga, Jared Mayden
Longshots: Kai Nacua, Tavon Wilson
CB
Locks: Jason Verrett, K'Waun Williams, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas
Strong Bubble: Deommodore Lenoir
Weak Bubble: Tim Harris
Longshots: Dontae Johnson, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Ken Webster, Mark Fields
ST
Locks: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

My thoughts

RB Gallman & Mitchell are locks right now
WR Sherfield is a lock to me
TE Dwelley & Woerner are locks, Dwelley's contract is fully GTD
C/OG Brunskill, Moore, & McKivitz are locks
EDGE Street is weak bubble, Key is a lock, Dee is either 53 or IR/PUP
DT/NT Hurst is a lock, same with Givens & Kerr
CB Lenoir is a lock
S Moore is a lock, Harris is a close lock, Hufanga is a lock, he gonna be the new SS in 2022 IMO.

All in all I have the following locks.

QBs Garoppolo & Lance, RBs Mostert, Sermon, Gallman Jr., & Mitchell, FB Juszyzck, WRs Aiyuk, Samuel, Hurd, & Sherfield, TEs Kittle, Dwelley, & Woerner, OL Mack, Brunskill, Trent, Moore, McGlinchey, McKivitz, Laken, Banks, DEs Armstead, Bosa, Ebukam, & Key, DTs Kinlaw, Hurst & Givens, NTs Jones & Kerr, LBs Warner & Greenlaw, CBs Verrett, Moseley, K'Waun, Thomas, & Lenoir, Safeties Ward, Moore, Tartt, Harris, & Hufanga, STs Gould, Wish, & Pepper.

That's 46 locks IMO. I'd put James as a lock also, so 47, Wilson on PUP, Dee on Short Term IR or 53.

The thing for me is I want Mitchell to win the 3rd RB and Kick Returner job along with Ambry Thomas. Enough of James, no Deebo or Aiyuk, don't risk injuries. I get the feeling Kyle will keep 4 TEs in exchange for DeMeco getting 10 DL to work with, so no 9th OL.

Yeah, I was reminded by Lombardi (not sure if accurate), that Kyle's kept 4 TE's every year. But I thought it was just last year because they didn't want to lose that dude that ended up going to the Giants (Kaden Smith). Plus they have Juice. So maybe Kyle does want to keep 4 TE's again???
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 5, 2021 at 12:04 PM ]
they do seem to be looking at TE's, whether it be to take the #3 slot or as a fourth guy. i'm not sure whether they are looking for someone else that can catch or a blocker for the run game. i thought woerner was going to be the blocker but i think he disappointed last year, although he didn't get a camp.
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
they do seem to be looking at TE's, whether it be to take the #3 slot or as a fourth guy. i'm not sure whether they are looking for someone else that can catch or a blocker for the run game. i thought woerner was going to be the blocker but i think he disappointed last year, although he didn't get a camp.

From what I've been told the 49ers believe Woerner will improve, and be a vital player for them in the run game.
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

From what I've been told the 49ers believe Woerner will improve, and be a vital player for them in the run game.

He better. He was very poor last year and that is his only specialty and something he loves to do.

i thought woerner was drafted after they really missed big T. i honestly thought they would start chipping more when mcg struggled in pass protection, too.
Anyone who thinks SF is keeping Sudfeld is brain damaged. He's GARBAGE. His signing bonus was a bump over practice squad pay.

Anyone pro-Sudfeld has no merit posting.
While I get Rosen has under-achieved previously, that was without a lot of support from his team/coach. I know this kid can play...great arm, mobile enough. I'd have a hard time keeping Sudfeld on the roster over Josh.
I think Kittle will enjoy playing with Pruitt...adds an excellent blocker, plus MyCole can catch the ball, too. Dwelley likely stays over Woerner due to his versatility & experience.
  • thl408
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Kittle will enjoy playing with Pruitt...adds an excellent blocker, plus MyCole can catch the ball, too. Dwelley likely stays over Woerner due to his versatility & experience.

They kept four TEs in 2020 (Kittle, Reed, Dwelley, Woerner). There could be room for four again this season.
Share 49ersWebzone