There are 315 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 60sFan:
No. Should he get hurt bad enough this season where he would not be able to pass a physical by the start of the following season, then the 49ers would have to pay him his contract for that season as well. In that case, 49ers would be out 50M between the 2 seasons.

In cap space?
Originally posted by 49ersTown56:
No. Should he get hurt bad enough this season where he would not be able to pass a physical by the start of the following season, then the 49ers would have to pay him his contract for that season as well. In that case, 49ers would be out 50M between the 2 seasons.

In cap space?

Yes. Approximately
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jul 10, 2021 at 11:50 PM ]
damn thx for the heads up. So in essence 49ers are caught in no mans land
Originally posted by 49ersTown56:
damn thx for the heads up. So in essence 49ers are caught in no mans land

Yeah, he has to be traded or cut before game one to avoid this potential dilemma. Ultimately it's better to at least cut him and get that 50M in cap space.
I know I would rather have the cap space and bolster this roster as much as possible while we have a rookie QB salary on the books.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Jul 11, 2021 at 1:46 PM ]
I'm not certain about the 3rd and 4th TEs. Woerner was a large disappointment and Pruitt, although he has great measureables, is memorable mostly for the number of teams that have cut him. Shanahan might go with just three TEs or the FO might scour the cut downs.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
My latest roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/07/09/updated-49ers-2021-53-man-roster-projection-with-injured-lists-practice-squad-plus-cap-implications-9-0/

OFFENSE:

QB(3): 10 Jimmy Garoppolo(2022)/ 5 Trey Lance(2024)/ 3 Josh Rosen(2021)
RB(4): 31 Raheem Mostert(2021)/ 28 Trey Sermon(2024)/ 22 Wayne Gallman Jr.(2021)/ 49 Elijah Mitchell(2024)
FB(1): 44 Kyle Juszyzck(2025)
WR(6): 11 Brandon Aiyuk(2023)/ 19 Deebo Samuel(2022)/ 81 Trent Sherfield(2021)/ 14 Jalen Hurd(2022)/ 18 Mohamed Sanu Sr.(2021)/ 15 Jauan Jennings(2021)
TE(4): 85 George Kittle(2025)/ 82 Ross Dwelley(2021)/ 89 Charlie Woerner(2023)/ 88 MyCole Pruitt(2021)
C(2): 50 Alex Mack(2023)/ 60 Daniel Brunskill(2021)
OG(3): 75 Laken Tomlinson(2021)/ 65 Aaron Banks(2024)/ 68 Colton McKivitz(2023)
OT(3): 71 Trent Williams(2026)/ 69 Mike McGlinchey(2022)/ 76 Jaylon Moore(2024)

DEFENSE:

DE(5): 97 Nick Bosa(2022)/ 91 Arik Armstead(2024)/ 56 Samson Ebukam(2022)/ 98 Arden Key(2021)/ 64 Alex Barrett(2021)
DT(3): 99 Javon Kinlaw(2023)/ 90 Kevin Givens(2021)/ 96 Maurice Hurst Jr.(2021)
NT(2): 93 D.J. Jones(2021)/ 92 Zach Kerr(2021)
LB(4): 54 Fred Warner(2021)/ 57 Dre Greenlaw(2022)/ 51 Azeez Al-Shaair(2021)/ 48 James Burgess Jr.(2021)
CB(5): 2 Jason Verrett(2021)/ 4 Emmanuel Moseley(2021)/ 24 K'Waun Williams(2021)/ 20 Ambry Thomas(2024)/ 38 Deommodore Lenoir(2024)
FS(2): 1 Jimmie Ward(2022)/ 23 Tony Jefferson(2021)
SS(3): 26 Jaquiski Tartt(2021)/ 29 Talanoa Hufanga(2024)/ 36 Marcell Harris(2021)

Challenges/Questions:

QB: Agreed. We keep 3 again because Josh Rosen will be a very legit #2 next year. He got exposure to the offense last year and now has a full year to become a well-prepared #2 in 2022.
RB: Agreed.
FB: Agreed.
TE: No Woerner for me. Why 4 TE's for you? Pruitt > Woerner as a blocking TE for me.
XWR: Agreed. +Travis Benjamin is the only X with top end speed and return ability. A 7th WR for me (for now). Another position with tons of annual injuries.
SWR/F: Agreed.
ZWR/F: Agreed.
LT: Agreed. +Shon Coleman for me d/t annual injuries to the OL.
LG: Agreed.
C: Agreed.
RG: Agreed.
RT: Agreed.

LDE/W9: Agreed. No need for Alex Barrett on the 53 for me though. He's always available.
2i: Agreed.
3T: Agreed.
RDE/W9: Agreed.
SAM/SS: Agreed.
MIKE: Agreed.
WILL: Agreed. Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles over Burgess
RCB: Agreed.
SCB: Agreed.
LCB: Agreed.
FS: Agreed.
SS: Agreed.

As usual, only a few differences. Keep up the great work AB!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 12, 2021 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
My latest roster projection, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/07/09/updated-49ers-2021-53-man-roster-projection-with-injured-lists-practice-squad-plus-cap-implications-9-0/

OFFENSE:

QB(3): 10 Jimmy Garoppolo(2022)/ 5 Trey Lance(2024)/ 3 Josh Rosen(2021)
RB(4): 31 Raheem Mostert(2021)/ 28 Trey Sermon(2024)/ 22 Wayne Gallman Jr.(2021)/ 49 Elijah Mitchell(2024)
FB(1): 44 Kyle Juszyzck(2025)
WR(6): 11 Brandon Aiyuk(2023)/ 19 Deebo Samuel(2022)/ 81 Trent Sherfield(2021)/ 14 Jalen Hurd(2022)/ 18 Mohamed Sanu Sr.(2021)/ 15 Jauan Jennings(2021)
TE(4): 85 George Kittle(2025)/ 82 Ross Dwelley(2021)/ 89 Charlie Woerner(2023)/ 88 MyCole Pruitt(2021)
C(2): 50 Alex Mack(2023)/ 60 Daniel Brunskill(2021)
OG(3): 75 Laken Tomlinson(2021)/ 65 Aaron Banks(2024)/ 68 Colton McKivitz(2023)
OT(3): 71 Trent Williams(2026)/ 69 Mike McGlinchey(2022)/ 76 Jaylon Moore(2024)

DEFENSE:

DE(5): 97 Nick Bosa(2022)/ 91 Arik Armstead(2024)/ 56 Samson Ebukam(2022)/ 98 Arden Key(2021)/ 64 Alex Barrett(2021)
DT(3): 99 Javon Kinlaw(2023)/ 90 Kevin Givens(2021)/ 96 Maurice Hurst Jr.(2021)
NT(2): 93 D.J. Jones(2021)/ 92 Zach Kerr(2021)
LB(4): 54 Fred Warner(2021)/ 57 Dre Greenlaw(2022)/ 51 Azeez Al-Shaair(2021)/ 48 James Burgess Jr.(2021)
CB(5): 2 Jason Verrett(2021)/ 4 Emmanuel Moseley(2021)/ 24 K'Waun Williams(2021)/ 20 Ambry Thomas(2024)/ 38 Deommodore Lenoir(2024)
FS(2): 1 Jimmie Ward(2022)/ 23 Tony Jefferson(2021)
SS(3): 26 Jaquiski Tartt(2021)/ 29 Talanoa Hufanga(2024)/ 36 Marcell Harris(2021)

Challenges/Questions:

QB: Agreed. We keep 3 again because Josh Rosen will be a very legit #2 next year. He got exposure to the offense last year and now has a full year to become a well-prepared #2 in 2022.
RB: Agreed.
FB: Agreed.
TE: No Woerner for me. Why 4 TE's for you? Pruitt > Woerner as a blocking TE for me.
XWR: Agreed. +Travis Benjamin is the only X with top end speed and return ability. A 7th WR for me (for now). Another position with tons of annual injuries.
SWR/F: Agreed.
ZWR/F: Agreed.
LT: Agreed. +Shon Coleman for me d/t annual injuries to the OL.
LG: Agreed.
C: Agreed.
RG: Agreed.
RT: Agreed.

LDE/W9: Agreed. No need for Alex Barrett on the 53 for me though. He's always available.
2i: Agreed.
3T: Agreed.
RDE/W9: Agreed.
SAM/SS: Agreed.
MIKE: Agreed.
WILL: Agreed. Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles over Burgess
RCB: Agreed.
SCB: Agreed.
LCB: Agreed.
FS: Agreed.
SS: Agreed.

As usual, only a few differences. Keep up the great work AB!

Hey bud, umm, I think Kyle will keep 4 TEs, he always does, he said he was happy with the top 3 after not drafting one, so I think Woerner stays, but is inactive.

I kinda hate the idea of Shon Coleman on the 53, because it means either McKivitz or Moore sit, and I'd like to have both active, I think they're better than Coleman, who hasn't played a meaningful down since 2017, he was out 2018 with injury, tore his ACL in 2019 preseason, opted out last year, I'm just not sold on him.

I went with Barrett because I think the team may keep 10 DL off the bat, if not, then add in someone somewhere else.

I have no clue who wins the 4th LB spot, I went with Burgess due to experience, but I'd have no issue with DFF, or Hilliard winning the spot.

As for Benjamin, I'd be cool with it, if, he's released, then re-signed the next day to a veteran minimum salary benefit deal, so he counts just $850K and not $1.075M, his salary is what makes me say no to him at this moment.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Also just noticed that you don't have Richie James making your top 6 WR's, or PS? I am assuming that was an oversight, or do you just not like James?

I'm just done with James, he only shows flashes 1 time a year, he's become a liability as a return man, muffed one in the SB, lost one last yr which turned into a TD I believe. I'd rather go with Sanu, Jennings or Benjamin than James, I just can't get behind him anymore.
Hey bud, umm, I think Kyle will keep 4 TEs, he always does, he said he was happy with the top 3 after not drafting one, so I think Woerner stays, but is inactive.

I kinda hate the idea of Shon Coleman on the 53, because it means either McKivitz or Moore sit, and I'd like to have both active, I think they're better than Coleman, who hasn't played a meaningful down since 2017, he was out 2018 with injury, tore his ACL in 2019 preseason, opted out last year, I'm just not sold on him.

I went with Barrett because I think the team may keep 10 DL off the bat, if not, then add in someone somewhere else.

I have no clue who wins the 4th LB spot, I went with Burgess due to experience, but I'd have no issue with DFF, or Hilliard winning the spot.

As for Benjamin, I'd be cool with it, if, he's released, then re-signed the next day to a veteran minimum salary benefit deal, so he counts just $850K and not $1.075M, his salary is what makes me say no to him at this moment.

Great thoughts.

Yeah, you're right...he does usually keep 4 for that ground game so I see your point about keeping a 4th and 6 WR's.

I know, I'm not feeling too hot about that 4th LB spot either. No real preference.

I like that Benjamin move too. Good point.

Thanks for your thoughts.
QB- (3) Jimmy, Trey, Rosen
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Jennings, Sanu
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Pruitt, Woerner
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Willis, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens
LB- (4) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Burgess
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenoir
S - (5) Ward, Tartt, Harris, Jefferson, Hufanga
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

I don't know if we get a roster exemption for Willis being suspended but if so I could see them going with another LB like Hilliard or the UDFA from Kansas. Maybe a 9th OL like Coleman or Skule. Also I think that they will look at other teams final cuts for a LB instead of Burgess.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 23, 2021 at 4:05 PM ]

Originally posted by btthepunk:
FB- (1) Juszczyk
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Willis, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

I don't know if we get a roster exemption for Willis being suspended but if so I could see them going with another LB like Hilliard or the UDFA from Kansas. Maybe a 9th OL like Coleman or Skule. Also I think that they will look at other teams final cuts for a LB instead of Burgess.

I agree with most of yours, I do see Sherfield making the team, also Willis will begin on Suspended list, so he won't count against the 53, I can see the 49ers cutting him, bring him back if they want too, he doesn't go through waivers.

Also Skule is out for the season, torn ACL a while back, is on IR, cleared waivers, reverted to IR.

The only thing I disagree with is James over Sherfield, and I have Barrett on the 53 to begin, or they could keep 7 WRs, never know or keep 6 Safeties, I know it's crazy, but Hufanga & Harris can play LB, plus never know if/when Tartt will go down, so I'd be for Wilson & Jefferson making the team, but I do want Hufanga active each week, so idk.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
FB- (1) Juszczyk
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

I agree with most of yours, I do see Sherfield making the team, also Willis will begin on Suspended list, so he won't count against the 53, I can see the 49ers cutting him, bring him back if they want too, he doesn't go through waivers.

Also Skule is out for the season, torn ACL a while back, is on IR, cleared waivers, reverted to IR.

The only thing I disagree with is James over Sherfield, and I have Barrett on the 53 to begin, or they could keep 7 WRs, never know or keep 6 Safeties, I know it's crazy, but Hufanga & Harris can play LB, plus never know if/when Tartt will go down, so I'd be for Wilson & Jefferson making the team, but I do want Hufanga active each week, so idk.

I totally forgot about Skule getting hurt.

I like Richie James and he seems to produce when given a chance. I think the game he had against Green Bay showed that he's plenty capable of being a very good #3. I don't see anything about Sherfield that makes me think he should be on the initial 53. Also now with Dede Westbrook possibly coming in that could change it.

Hard to say with those final spots but I definitely agree about Hufanga.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 23, 2021 at 7:21 PM ]
QB- (3)Trey, Rosen, Sudfeld

FB- (1) Juszczyk

WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Jennings, Sherfield

OL- (9) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore, McKivitz

DL- (9) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens

CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior

S - (5) Ward, Tartt, Harris, Mayden, Hulfanga,

K- (1) Gould

P- (1) Wishnowsky

LS- (1) Pepper

I am more confident everyday that Jimmy is not on the roster for week 1. I don't think they can keep him. If he gets hurt after week one, he not only is guaranteed his contract for 2021, but should he be injured enough to not pass his physical for the start of the following season in 2022, his salary for that season is guaranteed and would count against the cap. 49ers cannot afford to take a 50M hit for this and next season. Let's use the money to pick up another ER like Justin Houston and maybe another CB and this team will be stuffed to the gills with talent! I am on the record, Jimmy is gone before week one.😓

We're not cutting Jimmy with a SB caliber roster. Stop this nonsense.
QB- (3)Trey, Rosen, Sudfeld

FB- (1) Juszczyk

WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Jennings, Sherfield

OL- (9) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Coleman, Moore, McKivitz

DL- (9) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens

CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior

S - (5) Ward, Tartt, Harris, Mayden, Hulfanga,

K- (1) Gould

P- (1) Wishnowsky

LS- (1) Pepper

I am more confident everyday that Jimmy is not on the roster for week 1. I don't think they can keep him. If he gets hurt after week one, he not only is guaranteed his contract for 2021, but should he be injured enough to not pass his physical for the start of the following season in 2022, his salary for that season is guaranteed and would count against the cap. 49ers cannot afford to take a 50M hit for this and next season. Let's use the money to pick up another ER like Justin Houston and maybe another CB and this team will be stuffed to the gills with talent! I am on the record, Jimmy is gone before week one.😓

You're high if you think we're cutting Jimmy G.
Sherfield is someone I would like to see traded away for a bag of balls, so we can get out from his gtd. money. I like other options on our roster at WR than him.
Share 49ersWebzone