There are 229 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see Hurst as a lock
Originally posted by lamontb:
I see Hurst as a lock

Who is Hurst?
What about JaMychael Hasty? Does he get cut or go on the PS?
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Checked out your website AB. Excellent work. 100% agreement with Defensive roster. Two areas on the Offensive roster that I question.

1. Might they only carry 2 QBs on the 53? I can't imagine Sudfeld or Rosen not making the practice squad. Maybe leave room for another O-lineman, maybe bring back Ben Garland to be the back up center freeing Brunskill to be the swing tackle. Even if Brunskill becomes the future center, I think he is the best option at Swing Tackle right now.

2. You think they part ways with Richey James? Jennings could probably make PS if they want Sanu on the roster.

1. Maybe, I doubt either Sudfeld or Rosen get picked up, Sudfeld won't go thru waivers, Rosen does. As for Garland, idk, no word on him, nothing this offseason that I've seen as to if he has visited anyone, I mean the team brought Compton back for camp, so why not Garland? I do like Brunskill as the Swing T.

2. I'm just so over James, he has like 1 flash a yr, he's meh as a returner, he muffed one in the SB, then lost one last yr that turned into a TD. I'd rather have Benjamin back there or Mitchell.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I see Hurst as a lock

Who is Hurst?

Maurice Hurst Jr. DT they signed after the Raiders waived him and Arden Key.

Originally posted by CardinalGold:

PS IMO.
Originally posted by CardinalGold:

Hasty is toast imo
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Hasty is toast imo

Hasty is good insurance if we have multiple injuries at RB
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pre-TC prediction:

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance, Nate Sudfield
RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell, Wayne Gallman
WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd, Mohamed Sanu, Richie James, Jajuan Jennings
TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
OT: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz
IOL: Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks, Jaylen Moore

DE: Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Samson Ebukam, Arik Armstead, Arden Key
DT: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Justin Hilliard, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson
S: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt, Tony Jefferson, Tavon Wilson, Talanoa Hufanga

STS: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

Mostly aligned with you. 3 key differences in mine:
- I'd prob put Sherfield over Jennings. JJ can easily make our PS.
- I'd nix Harris for a vet FA after the TC cuts. MH is too much of a tweener.
- I don't think Wilson and Jefferson make it on the final roster. One is replaced by Zettel/Yarbrough due to Bosa/Ford durability.

To OTC, I don't think they cut either Hurst or Pruitt, both seem like locks, Hurst did get some GTD money, but Pruitt, he got $637,500 of his $987,500 GTD. I'd also put Sherfield on the 53, I think he surprises people. Also I'm against Dontae Johnson.

Also, with the PS factored in, this roster leaves us with $4,578,473 in cap room.

To GEEK, I don't know if you keep both Wilson & Jefferson also, you'd guarantee both of their salaries, same as Johnson. As for Zettel, his deal would be GTD if he makes it, no to Yarbrough though, only 2yrs accrued.

Here's my new update, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/07/28/updated-49ers-53-man-roster-projection-plus-injured-lists-practice-squad-10-0/

Yeah, I understand the guaranteed money argument, but at the same time, I feel like that can also not mean as much as it seems like. To me, at least half the time, that is just a way of reassuring the player they will have a legit opportunity to make the team. But at the end of the day, the best players according to the staff will make the 53.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I see Hurst as a lock

Who is Hurst?

Garrison Hearst?!? Two-time Comeback Player of the Year?!? Is he going for 3?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Hasty is toast imo

It should be, Mostert, Sermon and Hasty in that order.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Hasty is toast imo

No chance I'm cutting Gallman to keep Hasty. Gallman was a top half of the league RB last season when Barkley wasn't playing. With as much as our RBs get injured having a proven guy like Gallman is invaluable.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Mostert, Sermon, Gallman/Mitchell, Hasty.

Of the last 3, Hasty easily has the best chance to make it to the practice squad.

And 4RBs will make the 53.
Yeah, I understand the guaranteed money argument, but at the same time, I feel like that can also not mean as much as it seems like. To me, at least half the time, that is just a way of reassuring the player they will have a legit opportunity to make the team. But at the end of the day, the best players according to the staff will make the 53.

It's just usually, whenever a player gets that much GTD, I'd say he's a lock to make it, plus Pruitt is more experienced than anyone on the roster at TE.
Pre-TC prediction:

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance, Nate Sudfield
RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell, Wayne Gallman
WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd, Mohamed Sanu, Richie James, Jajuan Jennings
TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
OT: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz
IOL: Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks, Jaylen Moore

DE: Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Samson Ebukam, Arik Armstead, Arden Key
DT: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Justin Hilliard, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson
S: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt, Tony Jefferson, Tavon Wilson, Talanoa Hufanga

STS: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

No Kyle Juszczyk?
QB- (3) Jimmy, Trey, Rosen
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Hurd, James, Sanu, Scherfield
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Matthews, Woerner
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Willis, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens
LB- (5) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Flanagan-Fowles Harris
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenoir
S - (4) Ward, Tartt, Jefferson, Hufanga
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

I saw one reporter saying that Flanagan-Fowles has looked great so far and that Harris has had multiple pass break ups at LB, seems he's fully converting to LB now. I could see them keeping both especially since Harris can play safety if needed.

I replaced Jauan Jennings with Trent Scherfield for now. I think with Jennings being on the Covid list that's gonna hurt his chances and I think he can land on the PS. I could see him being on the active roster at some point though. Some beat writers are saying that Sanu hype is being really exaggerated right now but I'm keeping him for now.

I'd like to see them keep Tim Harris at CB who has had a couple pass break ups but it just comes down to being a numbers game.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jul 30, 2021 at 5:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone