There are 273 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think I heard KS reference to Hurd is that he wants him to stack up TC practices and make it through camp without getting injured, so far so good... I think he is going to be the #5 wr for cutdowns and work his way up with playing time during the season

Exactly. Test him out, see how the back responds. Build on days, see how it responds and if all is good, slowly start turning him loose while managing the soft tissue issues which will probably be inevitable.

Same concept with Ford too.
(3) QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance, Josh Rosen
(5) RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell, Wayne Gallman, Juice
(6) WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Jalen Hurd, Mohamed Sanu, Richie James, Trent Sherfield
(3) TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
(4) OT: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz, Jaylen Moore
(4) IOL: Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks

(5) DE: Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Samson Ebukam, Arik Armstead, Arden Key
(5) DT: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr, Kentavius Street
(6) LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, DFF, Justin Hilliard, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
(5) CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams
(4) S: Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt, Tony Jefferson, Talanoa Hufanga

(3) STS: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

I hate thinking that anyone here will be hurt.. but I know it's inevitable every year... someone gets a spot due to another's injury. Feel pretty good about this roster guess though.
Do alot of teams go with 3 QB's or are we only doing that because we can't trust Jimmy to stay healthy? I think the #3 QB is a waste of a Roster spot. But then again if Jimmy gets hurt we will need a backup to Trey. But I would love to just go with two QB's and use that extra roster spot on the Dline or RB since we are going to have to likely cut atleast 1 decent player from both of those positions.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Do alot of teams go with 3 QB's or are we only doing that because we can't trust Jimmy to stay healthy? I think the #3 QB is a waste of a Roster spot. But then again if Jimmy gets hurt we will need a backup to Trey. But I would love to just go with two QB's and use that extra roster spot on the Dline or RB since we are going to have to likely cut atleast 1 decent player from both of those positions.

It's a great question. Most are going with 3 because of COVID (see Vikings). Also, it's known Garoppolo won't be here next year so the #3 is being groomed to be the #2 next year. But overall, I agree...2 would be nice under normal situations esp. with a 3rd on the PS.
@ OTC or AB:

If we cut/trade Jimmy, what do the Niners do with the extra cash?
Projected 53 Game 1, 2021

Still standing by my opinion, Jimmy is not on roster.

QB- (2) Trey, Sudfeld
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Hurd, James, Sherfield
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Mathews, Woerner
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens, Ford
LB- (5) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Flan, Harris
CB- (6) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior, Webb
S - (4) Ward, Tartt, Wilson, Hulfanga
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore
If Kevin White gets some reps we could see whether he could beat out James or Sherfield. He's healthy and caught 2 including a td the other day.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I think I heard KS reference to Hurd is that he wants him to stack up TC practices and make it through camp without getting injured, so far so good... I think he is going to be the #5 wr for cutdowns and work his way up with playing time during the season

Exactly. Test him out, see how the back responds. Build on days, see how it responds and if all is good, slowly start turning him loose while managing the soft tissue issues which will probably be inevitable.

Same concept with Ford too.

If either one of these guys provides anything this then it's a total win and a great job on the staff for not giving up.
Originally posted by rapid4:
If Kevin White gets some reps we could see whether he could beat out James or Sherfield. He's healthy and caught 2 including a td the other day.

I like Kevin White and I think you're right about his talent level. Sherfield might be the 2nd best Gunner in the NFL next to Mostert so I think Sherfield gets the call. Also, I think Kevin can make practice squad easily.
any chance Tavon Wilson and Tony Jefferson make the team?

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

Supposedly Tavon is having a great camp
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:

i hope tony makes it. also rooting for travis benjamin to take a wide out spot and a return spot
Originally posted by cciowa:

i hope tony makes it. also rooting for travis benjamin to take a wide out spot and a return spot

My opinion is that Benjamin is on the outside looking in. I think it'll be Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Hurd and Sherfield.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Projected 53 Game 1, 2021

Still standing by my opinion, Jimmy is not on roster.

QB- (2) Trey, Sudfeld
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Gallman, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Hurd, James, Sherfield
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Mathews, Woerner
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam, Key, Jones, Kerr, Hurst Jr, Givens, Ford
LB- (5) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Flan, Harris
CB- (6) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Thomas, Lenior, Webb
S - (4) Ward, Tartt, Wilson, Hulfanga
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

PUP
Wilson
Moore

Wait what happened to Ritchie James? He's not making the roster? I think he's good and thrived when others were out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
My opinion is that Benjamin is on the outside looking in. I think it'll be Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Hurd and Sherfield.

Hurd isn't making this team unfortunately because he can't stay on the practice filed.

agree . hurd can not just not play or practice and expect a roster spot to be given to him
Share 49ersWebzone