There are 308 users in the forums

***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
AB, do they ever release an official depth chart?

I don't think so, at least not in preseason, maybe in regular season, but I can remember them having Pettis listed as a starter when he was getting no snaps, so who knows
There's still quite a bit to figure out and more injuries are coming.

Offensive Personnel: --- 25

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo; Trey Lance & Nate Sudfeld
RB: Raheem Mostert; Trey Sermon, Wayne Gallman & Elijah Mitchell
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; Ross Dwelley & MyCole Pruitt
XWR: Brandon Aiyuk; Travis Benjamin
SWR/F: Mohamed Sanu; Trent Sherfield
ZWR/F: Deebo Samuel; Juan Jennings
LT: Trent Williams; Jaylon Moore
LG: Laken Tomlinson
C: Alex Mack; Daniel Brunskill
RG: Aaron Banks; Colton McKivitz
RT: Mike McGlinchey

Cusp Pool: Richie James, Jalen Hurd, Austin Watkins, Charlie Woerner, Jordan Matthews & Shon Coleman

• I think the emergence of so many players who will play the slot (Kittle, Dwelley, Jennings, Sherfield, Sanu and Deebo), there really isn't a need for a 4th TE where the run game was so top heavy. I know Kyle loves 4 TE's but I believe that was out of necessity for an unbalanced run game. A guy like Woerner could be easily stashed on the PS after a very poor rookie campaign. With that said, could another pass catcher like Matthews be included here?
  • With Hurd likely done, there's still a battle between Benjamin, James and Watkins. Benjamin and James are both returners

Defensive Personnel: --- 25
LDE/W9: Arik Armstead; Dee Ford & Samson Ebukam
2i: D.J. Jones; Kevin Givens & Zach Kerr
3T: Javon Kinlaw; Maurice Hurst Jr.
RDE/W9: Nick Bosa; Arden Key
SAM/SS: Azeez Al-Shaair; Marcell Harris
MIKE: Fred Warner; Jonas Griffith
WILL: Dre Greenlaw; Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
RCB: Emmanuel Moseley; Ambrey Thomas
SCB: K'Waun Williams; Deommodore Lenoir
LCB: Jason Verrett
FS: Jimmie Ward; Tony Jefferson
SS: Tavon Wilson; Talanoa Hufanga

Cusp Pool: Alex Barrett, Eddie Yarbrough, Darrion Daniels, Kentavius Street, Davin Bellamy, Justin Hilliard, James Burgess, Elijah Sullivan, Dontae Johnson, Ken Webster, B.W. Webb & Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

• Guys are getting nicked up or remain injured: Tartt, Jefferson, Key, Ebukam, Armstead, Kerr, Hurst, DFF, Azeez, etc.
  • As as a result, the team brought in Yarbrough, Bellamy, Webb and Clinton-Dix. Could that mean they look to carry 6 LB's or even an 11th DL or a 5th S? The team has been hit there with in-season injuries in the past. Have they learned?

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Taybor Pepper
PK: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky

KOR: Travis Benjamin & Ambry Thomas
PR: Brandon Aiyuk
GR: Trent Sherfield & Elijah Mitchell
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 12, 2021 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
There's still quite a bit to figure out and more injuries are coming.

Offensive Personnel: --- 25

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo; Trey Lance & Nate Sudfeld
RB: Raheem Mostert; Trey Sermon, Wayne Gallman & Elijah Mitchell
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; Ross Dwelley & MyCole Pruitt
XWR: Brandon Aiyuk; Travis Benjamin
SWR/F: Mohamed Sanu; Trent Sherfield
ZWR/F: Deebo Samuel; Juan Jennings
LT: Trent Williams; Jaylon Moore
LG: Laken Tomlinson
C: Alex Mack; Daniel Brunskill
RG: Aaron Banks; Colton McKivitz
RT: Mike McGlinchey

Cusp Pool: Richie James, Jalen Hurd, Austin Watkins, Charlie Woerner, Jordan Matthews & Shon Coleman

• I think the emergence of so many players who will play the slot (Kittle, Dwelley, Jennings, Sherfield, Sanu and Deebo), there really isn't a need for a 4th TE where the run game was so top heavy. I know Kyle loves 4 TE's but I believe that was out of necessity for an unbalanced run game. A guy like Woerner could be easily stashed on the PS after a very poor rookie campaign. With that said, could another pass catcher like Matthews be included here?
  • With Hurd likely done, there's still a battle between Benjamin, James and Watkins. Benjamin and James are both returners

Defensive Personnel: --- 25
LDE/W9: Arik Armstead; Dee Ford & Samson Ebukam
2i: D.J. Jones; Kevin Givens & Zach Kerr
3T: Javon Kinlaw; Maurice Hurst Jr.
RDE/W9: Nick Bosa; Arden Key
SAM/SS: Azeez Al-Shaair; Marcell Harris
MIKE: Fred Warner; Jonas Griffith
WILL: Dre Greenlaw; Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles
RCB: Emmanuel Moseley; Ambrey Thomas
SCB: K'Waun Williams; Deommodore Lenoir
LCB: Jason Verrett
FS: Jimmie Ward; Tony Jefferson
SS: Tavon Wilson; Talanoa Hufanga

Cusp Pool: Alex Barrett, Eddie Yarbrough, Darrion Daniels, Kentavius Street, Davin Bellamy, Justin Hilliard, James Burgess, Elijah Sullivan, Dontae Johnson, Ken Webster, B.W. Webb & Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

• Guys are getting nicked up or remain injured: Tartt, Jefferson, Key, Ebukam, Armstead, Kerr, Hurst, DFF, Azeez, etc.
  • As as a result, the team brought in Yarbrough, Bellamy, Webb and Clinton-Dix. Could that mean they look to carry 6 LB's or even an 11th DL or a 5th S? The team has been hit there with in-season injuries in the past. Have they learned?

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Taybor Pepper
PK: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky

KOR: Travis Benjamin & Ambry Thomas
PR: Brandon Aiyuk
GR: Trent Sherfield & Elijah Mitchell

Not bad, but the Jefferson signing was too good to be true, he was placed on injured reserve, so I guess that means Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the backup FS,

As far as differences, I have the same 3 QBs, same 5 RBs/FBs, Same 6 WRs(With Hurd making the 53, then the next day is placed on IR so he only has to miss 3 games, they'll cut a guy who doesn't go through waivers, maybe Benjamin, or Gallman, whoever it would be would have already agreed to re-sign the day after he's cut), I have the same 3 TEs, Same 8 OL, Same 10 DL, Same 5 CBs, then I also had the same 4 Safeties, but with Jefferson on IR, I'd go with Ha Ha, I have 5 of the same LBs, don't have Griffith, I still like Woerner to make it.

So we might only disagree with 1 spot, depending on who you think at FS, of course if Tartt is ready, you still have to keep Tavon, as the backup FS, then Ha Ha is cut.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Not bad, but the Jefferson signing was too good to be true, he was placed on injured reserve, so I guess that means Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the backup FS,

As far as differences, I have the same 3 QBs, same 5 RBs/FBs, Same 6 WRs(With Hurd making the 53, then the next day is placed on IR so he only has to miss 3 games, they'll cut a guy who doesn't go through waivers, maybe Benjamin, or Gallman, whoever it would be would have already agreed to re-sign the day after he's cut), I have the same 3 TEs, Same 8 OL, Same 10 DL, Same 5 CBs, then I also had the same 4 Safeties, but with Jefferson on IR, I'd go with Ha Ha, I have 5 of the same LBs, don't have Griffith, I still like Woerner to make it.

So we might only disagree with 1 spot, depending on who you think at FS, of course if Tartt is ready, you still have to keep Tavon, as the backup FS, then Ha Ha is cut.

I don't think Kyle keeps 3 QBs on 53. Both Rosen and Sudfeld will not be picked up.

Hurd is feeling the pressure. Practiced today and looked good by all accounts. I agree he makes the 53 now and will be placed on IR.

Benjamin gets cut. Dropped a couple of passes in practice today. Being a good return guy isn't enough for Kyle. Gallman over Benjamin.

Don't be surprised if Ha Ha performs at a high level. He needs to show something after not getting any interest like he thought he would.

Will not have 4 TEs on 53 imho. Pruitt is injured and Mathews makes PS easily.

I know it already blew up from when I made this this morning. Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to bounce a few things off you before my final 53. Always appreciate the ping pong.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I don't think Kyle keeps 3 QBs on 53. Both Rosen and Sudfeld will not be picked up.

Hurd is feeling the pressure. Practiced today and looked good by all accounts. I agree he makes the 53 now and will be placed on IR.

Benjamin gets cut. Dropped a couple of passes in practice today. Being a good return guy isn't enough for Kyle. Gallman over Benjamin.

Don't be surprised if Ha Ha performs at a high level. He needs to show something after not getting any interest like he thought he would.

Will not have 4 TEs on 53 imho. Pruitt is injured and Mathews makes PS easily.

It's not hard to buy all these points too. Truly.
Yea i think a 4th TE is overkill
Originally posted by NCommand:

I know it already blew up from when I made this this morning. Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to bounce a few things off you before my final 53. Always appreciate the ping pong.

Sounds good, and unlike recent years, teams have to cut players after each preseason game.

Teams will be permitted to open training camp with 90 players. They must then cut down to 85 by Aug. 17, 80 by Aug. 24 and 53 players by Aug. 31. The three cutdown dates are all on Tuesdays following each of the three weeks of the preseason.

While not a lot at first, 5 each first 2 weeks, then big cut from 80 to 53 like last year.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I really believe we have 4 TEs vs 6 WRs. I think Matthews makes the 53. Samuel, Aiyuk, Sanu, James, Sherfiled are your WRs. Hurd had one good day and will need to show up during preseason to make the squad.

Im seriously concerned about Edge. Ebukam has been injured quite a bit. Bosa really hasn't played and I haven't heard much from Ford in the past few days. Key looks ok. Willis will miss 6 games.

Tom Compton is the backup RT. That should concern everyone.

I still think they could keep 4 TEs & 6 WRs, I don't think Kyle would go with less than 6 WRs on the 53. I agree on Deebo, Aiyuk, Sanu & Sherfield, but I'm over James, everyone probably knows why, just not a good returner, and only flashes like 1 time a year.

I think the EDGE will be fine, Bosa hasn't played? It's practices, you don't put him out on the field after that injury, also just because we haven't heard about Dee, doesn't mean anything's bad or wrong. Ebukam will be fine, the injuries we have are mostly minor.

Compton isn't making the 53, the true backup RT IMO is Brunskill, we're only keeping 8 OL IMO, Mack, Brunskill, Laken, McKivitz, Banks, Trent, Moore, & McGlinchey are all locks
Compton isn't making the 53, the true backup RT IMO is Brunskill, we're only keeping 8 OL IMO, Mack, Brunskill, Laken, McKivitz, Banks, Trent, Moore, & McGlinchey are all locks

Agree. Compton is a camp body.

Originally posted by 60sFan:

Agree. Compton is a camp body.

He shouldn't even be that. Don't know what they saw in him cause he was trash before he got here, trash when they brought him here last year and trash again
Newest article on 49erscap.com, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/08/13/updated-49ers-2021-53-man-roster-plus-injured-lists-practice-squad-13-0-and-i-take-a-look-at-the-49ers-2021-2022-salary-cap-situation-with-analysis/

Please let me know what you guys think, it's a long read, but worth it IMO.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
You have more faith than I do AB in the 49ers ability to manage injury. Ebukam was supposed to be Bosas healthy backfill. He's coming into a new system and has only participated in a few practices. I don't know man if injuries were minor he would be missing less vs more. 8 OL seems super thin. Very conceivable your oldes players Mack and Williams will miss time. Going to need a true BU at both spots vs the same player backing up 3.

Got a sneaking feeling they keep Sean Coleman. I think they should bring back Garland which would free up Brunskill to be the Swing OT
Newest article on 49erscap.com, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2021/08/13/updated-49ers-2021-53-man-roster-plus-injured-lists-practice-squad-13-0-and-i-take-a-look-at-the-49ers-2021-2022-salary-cap-situation-with-analysis/

You state 6 WR but only list 5 of them.

You don't fool me Paraag. Just use your real name.
Share 49ersWebzone