***The Forever Official 53-MAN ROSTER/DEPTH CHART/PS Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cut downs to 85 by Tuesday
QB- (3) Jimmy, Trey, Studfeld
RB- (4) Mostert, Sermon, Hasty, Mitchell
FB- (1) Juszczyk
WR- (6) Aiyuk, Deebo, Sherfield, Sanu, Jennings, Hurd
TE- (4) Kittle, Dwelley, Matthews, Woerner
OL- (8) T.Williams, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey, Brunskill, Moore, McKivitz
DL- (10) Bosa, Kinlaw, Jones, Armstead, Ford, Ebukam, Kerr, Key, Hurst, Givens
LB- (5) Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shaair, Harris, Kendricks
CB- (5) Verrett, Mosley, K.Williams, Lenoir, Thomas
S - (4) Ward, Clinton-Dix, Wilson, Hufanga
K- (1) Gould
P- (1) Wishnowsky
LS- (1) Pepper

Tartt on PUP.
I got Hasty over Gallman as of now.
The 6th WR spot is the toughest pick. I still have Hurd making it, hopefully he plays the next 2 games but he really has to distance himself from Webster and Watkins. If Webster has a couple more good returns he takes the spot. I really hope we see a lot of Watkins next game. Was he in at all yesterday?

I think the practice squad will have several players that can help.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 15, 2021 at 11:41 AM ]
Based on yesterday, I see no place for Ritchie James, Travis Benjamin or River Cracraft - we've plenty of people on the team that can catch passes and fair catch punts.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Based on yesterday, I see no place for Ritchie James, Travis Benjamin or River Cracraft - we've plenty of people on the team that can catch passes and fair catch punts.

James still has a slight chance to make the team but the others are Benjamin and Cracraft are out. I hope they get cut as part of the first cut down but I think they'll go with the final cuts. Need the bodies out there to take the hits.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

James still has a slight chance to make the team but the others are Benjamin and Cracraft are out. I hope they get cut as part of the first cut down but I think they'll go with the final cuts. Need the bodies out there to take the hits.

Based on what I saw last night Sherfield (who has been great in practices has shown up gameday). He is a LOCK to make the roster. I also think Simba is a LOCK to make the roster because as stated above fair catching balls does not improve field position.

Ayuk, Samuel, Sherfield, Simba, Sanu, Hurd ( i know i am lame but its year 3, come on Jalen)
PS- Jennings, River Cracecraft

Let walk James, Travis Benjamin
Originally posted by 9erred:

Based on what I saw last night Sherfield (who has been great in practices has shown up gameday). He is a LOCK to make the roster. I also think Simba is a LOCK to make the roster because as stated above fair catching balls does not improve field position.

Ayuk, Samuel, Sherfield, Simba, Sanu, Hurd ( i know i am lame but its year 3, come on Jalen)

Sherfield is absolutely a lock. I think Jennings makes the team as well. I could actually see them keeping 7 WRs and only go with 3 TEs so they can keep Nsimba for his returns.

Did Ambry Thomas ever return punts or kickoffs at Michigan? It's too bad Mitchell got hurt because I would have liked to see what he could do.

Sherfield is absolutely a lock. I think Jennings makes the team as well. I could actually see them keeping 7 WRs and only go with 3 TEs so they can keep Nsimba for his returns.

Did Ambry Thomas ever return punts or kickoffs at Michigan? It's too bad Mitchell got hurt because I would have liked to see what he could do.

Hurd hasn't done anything to earn a roster spot over Jennings except being a third round pick which is irrelevant at this point
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Hurd hasn't done anything to earn a roster spot over Jennings except being a third round pick which is irrelevant at this point

Jennings is making the team.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

Jennings is making the team.

I will place a gentlemans bet that Jennings does not make the final roster, passes through waivers and is on the 49ers PS. We overvalue our own players as do other teams. Is this fair, no, but it happens every year.
Updated roster guess:

(2) QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance
(4) RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell, Wayne Gallman
(1) FB: Juice
(6) WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Mohamed Sanu, Jajuan Jennings, Trent Sherfield, Nsimba Webster
(3) TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
(4) OT: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz, Jaylen Moore
(4) IOL: Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks

(5) DE: Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, Samson Ebukam, Arik Armstead, Arden Key
(6) DT: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr, Kentavius Street, Maurice Hurst
(5) LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Jonas Griffith, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
(6) CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson
(4) S: Jimmie Ward, Tavon Wilson, Talanoa Hufanga, HaHa Clinton-Dix

(3) STS: Robbie Gould, Mitch Wishnowsky, Taybor Pepper

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Updated roster guess:

(6) WR: Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Mohamed Sanu, Jajuan Jennings, Trent Sherfield, Nsimba Webster

(6) DT: Javon Kinlaw, Kevin Givens, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr, Kentavius Street, Maurice Hurst
(5) LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Jonas Griffith, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris
(6) CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Ambry Thomas, Deommodore Lenoir, K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson

Hmmmmm I thought Arik Armstead is more of a DT than a DE?? He played DE last year beause he had to, but with knock on wood better DE's he can push inside.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Updated roster guess:

Hmmmmm I thought Arik Armstead is more of a DT than a DE?? He played DE last year beause he had to, but with knock on wood better DE's he can push inside.

He's gonna play DE unless its an obvious passing down. At least to start the season
Obviously it's still early in the pre-season, but I've really soured on James. The dude's best game of his career came in a game we were getting blown out of and where he was really the only WR we had due to injuries and covid contacts out, so he was force fed the ball in a game that was over pretty early basically.

Richie IMO has started to not only flame out as a returner, he just can't consistently CATCH THE FREAKING BALL as a receiver. He goes down on the slightest contact, is not gonna make many people miss, and has also battled nicks here and there himself at times.

Jennings and Webster both offer better value on STs -- Webster showed in one game he was the better returner and probably the better offensive threat too. Even if it was against backups.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 15, 2021 at 9:36 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Based on yesterday's game and training camp I'm gonna guess something like….

OFFENSE (25)
QB: Jimmy G, Trey Lance
RB: Raheem Mostert, Trey Sermon, JaMycal Hasty, Elijah Mitchell
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner
WR: Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Trent Sherfield, Mohammad Sanu, Jauan Jennings, Nsimba Webster
OT: Trent Williams, Mike McGlinchey, Jaylon Moore, Shon Coleman
OG: Laken Tomlinson, Daniel Brunskill, Aaron Banks, Colton McKivitz
C: Alex Mack

DEFENSE (25)
DE: Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead, Samson Ebukam, Dee Ford, Arden Key
DT: Javon Kinlaw, DJ Jones, Zach Kerr, Maurice Hurst, Kevin Givens
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Azeez Al-Shaair, Marcell Harris, Jonas Griffiths
CB: Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, Deommodore Lenoir, Ambry Thomas
NCB: K'Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson
FS: Jimmie Ward, Talanoa Hufanga
SS: Tavon Wilson, HaHa Clinton Dix

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
K: Robbie Gould
P: Mitch Wishnowsky
LS: Taybor Pepper
KR/PR: Nsimba Webster (counted with WRs)
Share 49ersWebzone